Clearing the air...

DeletedUser4284

only a few words to say here
1. i don't have to proove everything i say here, there is no need for that since this is P&P forum
2. i have another reaction from you so i have reached my goal i had in mind while posting my last post

For those that don't understand the lad I'll translate:

*I've (Urk that is) been caught to lie and have no way to defend myself so I turn to my own little logic, to try to beat my opponent/opponents. Furthermore I concur that my words have no meaning but I will not beg your pardon since in my little world I have achieved a victory* :icon_eek::icon_idea:

Edit: DC saw a big flaw in my post so I've now corrected it. If there are more, please let me know. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

*I've (Urk that is) has been caught to lie and have no way to defend myself so I turn to my own little logic, to try to beat my opponent/opponents. Furthermore I concur that my words have no meaning but I will not beg your pardon since in my little world I have achieved a victory* :icon_eek::icon_idea:

Nice translation, grammar much?

DeletedUser4284

Nice translation, grammar much?

:)
Thanks, missed that one. Could have been really embarrassing.

Edit: Just out of curiosity for a person not from a non-English speaking country; can grammar be used as a verb?

DeletedUser

Edit: Just out of curiosity for a person not from an English speaking country; can grammar be used as a verb?

I don't know what you were saying there, but it can if I say it can.

DeletedUser4284

I don't know what you were saying there, but it can if I say it can.

This is going way off topic but here goes.
I should have been a bit more clear apparently, I also missed out the word "non".

"Just out of curiosity for a person, not from an English speaking country; can the word "grammar" be used as a verb?"

And since you seemed to have figured out my extremely cryptic sentence anyway my respond is.

- Great to know that there are certain rules we all can oblige and take them to heart. I thank you for clearing that up regarding the grammar stuff. It's nice to see that we have such solid persons in the forum.

DeletedUser

This is going way off topic but here goes.
I should have been a bit more clear apparently, I also missed out the word "non".

"Just out of curiosity for a person, not from an English speaking country; can the word "grammar" be used as a verb?"

And since you seemed to have figured out my extremely cryptic sentence anyway my respond is.

- Great to know that there are certain rules we all can oblige and take them to heart. I thank you for clearing that up regarding the grammar stuff. It's nice to see that we have such solid persons in the forum.

A mere pay out returned with another pay out, nothing taken to heart on this end. Sarcasm is a good tool, use it well.

Besides, I think its safe to say the air's been cleared with Saints merging into HOT.

DeletedUser4284

A mere pay out returned with another pay out, nothing taken to heart on this end. Sarcasm is a good tool, use it well.

Besides, I think its safe to say the air's been cleared with Saints merging into HOT.

Perfect, I would hate to see that you in some way had taken it personal by any means. Funny though that you felt compelled to return a favor not directed at you dear. :icon_wink:

And as a side note: I'm not sure what incoherency in logic has in common with use of wrong grammar.

DeletedUser

:)
Thanks, missed that one. Could have been really embarrassing.

Edit: Just out of curiosity for a person not from a non-English speaking country; can grammar be used as a verb?

For any ESL teacher.. the answer is NO. Grammar is solely a noun. however, it could be possible that when translated into one's own idiom, this may find the word to be able to be used as a verb. I'm not sure if this is true, but just going by the many differences I personallyhave found between learning a second language and also teaching one.

junkmonger

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Am I the only one that sees the irony of 40 pages of Clearing the Air? After all the twists and turns of this discussion, I think I am more muddled than ever.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

*I've (Urk that is) been caught to lie and have no way to defend myself so I turn to my own little logic, to try to beat my opponent/opponents. Furthermore I concur that my words have no meaning but I will not beg your pardon since in my little world I have achieved a victory* :icon_eek::icon_idea:

Edit: DC saw a big flaw in my post so I've now corrected it. If there are more, please let me know. :)

i don't have to defend myself since you are guessing, you say that i lie, but it could also be the truth
Now if you have so many problems with my grammar and spelling you can report me, atleast that is what i see in another topic

DeletedUser4284

i don't have to defend myself since you are guessing, you say that i lie, but it could also be the truth
Now if you have so many problems with my grammar and spelling you can report me, atleast that is what i see in another topic

No you don't!
What you see is DC trying to interpret what I said for his own purpose.
All I've said is that grammar is not the most important but learning is indeed a thing to strive for. I.e. people should aim for that. In your specific case I and others have been hurt in our eyes with your lack of ".,:;"
All other is nothing to complain about since you probably try your best.

EDIT: I forgot the lie part:
Sure I can say you are lying, you have said two opposite things regarding same matter. They can both be wrong or either one is right and the other is a lie. Either way you indeed are a lying ... ;)

DeletedUser3270

Am I the only one that sees the irony of 40 pages of Clearing the Air? After all the twists and turns of this discussion, I think I am more muddled than ever.

the true meaning of this thread was lost loooooooooooooong ago. :icon_wink:

DeletedUser3270

Even the most powerful cleaners can't rub out some stains. They just keep coming back.

DeletedUser21127

I am so confused right now :icon_confused:. Soon the replies will surpass the Great Attacks and Defenses thread...