Congo please read W2 players

Mysticjelly2

It is said that a man will live forever provided someone still speaks their name, provided that someone remembers them. Travis will be remembered for many things. His sense of humour, his strength of will and character, his ability to encourage the weak and confused.

Congo will also be remembered for the poster lol. I may not be up to his standard but it is in his honour.

boromir-2.jpg

DeletedUser7126

such a sad day. slaps me in the face and reminds me that there are real people behind these accounts. He wanted to be remembered as colorful and as one of the best. he was and he was!!!! i will never forget this man and i hope that we all (tw brass included) can figure out a way to honor him. he helped shape this game for alot of us and his influence has stretched way beyond the borders of w2.

Rest in Peace congo

P_Raposo

He was a good friend and a very frontal person, and I respect that.
Als a great player; he will be missed.

petemoss13

I was devastated when I heard the news, life is so short and unpredictable and can be taken away in an instant. His family is in my prayers.

DeletedUser285

"knight heart" wrote...

Had limited contact with Congo although he was always willing to offer advice on any aspect of game play. From what I saw of his in game exploits he was a larger than life character and boy could he attack.

It's a shame to lose good people from the game an it is especially sad to hear that they have been taken from there loved one's without warning. My deepest sympathy goes to his family RIP Congo you were clearly an inspiration to everyone who met you.

(Can't get onto the external forums so if someone could post this on the appropriate thread for me I'd appreciate it.)

DeletedUser

I don't really know how to react at the moment, as I'm simply numb.

All I can say is that Congo was adored by many of us - his antics, his epic mails and forum posts. In game, there were times when we wanted to scream, but all we could do was laugh. For those who didn't have the pleasure to know him away from the forums I must say that he was just as much of a character. He always kept us on our toes and he always knew how to make me laugh.

He will be sorely missed.

Rest in Peace, my dear. Godspeed.

Here is a brief news report about the accident...

Last edited by a moderator:

dead kitty

I didn't know Congo very well personally, but this is still a big shock.
My love is with his family.

R.I.P Congo xx

DeletedUser2248

Damn, this is very sad news indeed.

I had some great battles with Congo, although we were both playing under different aliases at the time. The best part about our battles was the conversations we had - which are some of my fondest memories of TW.

RIP Congo

DeletedUser

Rip

RIP CONGO......You will be remembered.........and yes I will name a village in his honor.

DeletedUser

I come to say to the community to, unfortunately (due to the emotions that have been caused), that i am quite confident that Congo has not passed in RL.

Like many of you, i was at a loss of words when i found out about this. Travis has always been a friend, a confidant, and a true mentor for me in this game, but when Babs got a hold of me yesterday regarding this, and i read and re-read the email she had received, my instincts told me that a cruel thing has happened to Babs, and to the community as a whole.

I wont divulge why i think this is BS, other than after a bit of research im very confident (99%) he has been tracked down...having been located on another forum (not TW) with posts as recent as 1.5 weeks ago, among many other circumstantial pieces of research (yes, did the stalker thing)

Babs and I have speculated on why one would stoop this low to a community of friends......some will say that we are not friends, just merely acquittances that play a stupid game, but for some of us, we have formed a friendship outside of this game and consider some true friends.

Although i am quite certain he has not passed, and that this information is actually good news, i am quite shocked that we had to have this initial discussion, and will have to deal with the discussion that will happen after this post. A line has been crossed....and no one really knows if this is Congo that played this card, or someone with access to his email (wife, hacker, etc).

Lets hope its not him

So Babs, and others, im very sorry that we all had to go through this. It will be very easy to get jaded about other community misfortanes cause now people can (with fairness) say "is this just like Congo?"

I hope not

I hope he comes on and comes clean or tells his side of the story and that this ends up being an isolated event and one that was caused by someone who was trying to hurt his reputation as a person, or purposely mislead in order to create a disconnect between him and the community.

I dont know...maybe wishful thinking :)

Thank you for your time, and again, im sorry for the real emotion and tears that have been shed
Toll

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

ugh...

Thank you for clearing this up for us Toll. I know a few of us were feeling guilty for doubting.

I think I can understand why. This game is very hard to leave, the addiction bites deep. Congo tried before, but came back. Maybe he thought this way there could be no return.

He played like a bad boy, he posted like a bad boy and he left us true bad boy style.

Yep, I'm going to miss him :(

DeletedUser

OMG i have just woke up to this and to say what i want on here would get me banned for life....

kilo42stu

I don`t know what`s more unbelievable... a young man losing his life at work or some sick f**k playing a joke like that, truely shocking !

Apathetic h0llygh0st

Consumer of Beverages
Reaction score
Tbh I had doubts as well >_> Did'nt look like a very convincing mail to me in the first place. Than again I can understand people who want to leave this game os badly that they fake death. Still, its a bad thing to do.