Console Gaming

DeletedUser541

What do you guys think about the next gen?

I already preordered my Wii and plan to get in on Launch Day (Dec. 9th) :D

DeletedUser

ill be sticking to my ps2 until the price for ps3 goes down (alot).

heil002

I will NEVER buy a console, why waste money on another machine, when their games were all made on a PC, and can also be played on a PC.

I know what your thinking, not all games for say the PS, can be played on a PC...I have one statement....

OH yes they can :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser541

I would like to know how would you play Nintendo Wii games on a PC :/

Ecstasy said:
PlayStation 3,we all waiting him.

Not really, personally I think it stinks :) (awesome gfx though... but that's all)

heil002

its quite easy, I play xbox games, PS game, commodor games, spectrum games, atari 2600 games, I have played some nintendo games on here, but I was never really a fan of nintendo so havnt really tried to get those.

emulators are the key, you dont need anything else.

an xbox is the stupidest console ever brought out(well for people buying them), I dont think anyone got the connection between Direct X on a PC, and the name Xbox, its just direct X in a box, thats the whole thing, If i remember correctly the Xbox has a 750mhx processor installed with an 80gb HD drive, basically old component just repackaged, and because it doesnt need an operating system it runs faster.

From memory, if you get Direct X v9.3c (it could be 9.3b not sure) you simply insert the xbox disc in your PC, and away you go. Although finding that version of direct x is quite hard to find

DeletedUser541

Good luck finding a controler that replaces the WiiMote for Emulation ;)

heil002

I did say I have never emulated that particular console, and I also have no desire to. I never was a fan of nintendo, Sega now thats a different story.

hell the spectrum 48k was the best machine ever, how easy it was to copy games. just stick it into a regular dual deck audio tape recorder, and copy from tape to tape.

ahh the good old days :p

edit: oh and my original spectrum still works, I bring it out the attic every now and again, hook it to my hifi and check it works, and play "horace and the spiders" what a great game that was. Better come out of my dream cloud now

DeletedUser541

So you CAN'T emulate every game... so it gives you a reason to buy a console :)

And Nintendo owns Sega anytime man.

Mario > Sonic

heil002

oh dear, appears with one easy keyword search, I cracked your case

http://www.nintendowiiroms.com/

although you have to pay a fee for these roms, I am certain with a bit more searching you could easily find free roms available.

as for the control, I see no major difference between their controller and other controllers you can buy for a PC.

DeletedUser541

Hahaha man, please don't try to be a smart ass without knowing the facts.

How can there already be Roms for a not yet released console?
And the WiiMote is no diferent than any PC controler? Hah!

heil002

I already said I dont know about nintendo products, since I dont like them.

I also said "I see no major difference". which indicates I have not checked what specs the controller has.

As for being Roms already out there, games do 'appear' on the internet before they are offically leaked.

but anyway, this is now turning into an arguement, so I will leave it there, I may check up on this new console in a month or two's time and play it for free

DeletedUser3189

Not evey computer game can be played on my computer. I have to check what type of PC it can play on, and what the minimum is for video and sound cards.

And even if all that works, installing several games takes up a lot of space. So I have to choose which games to have installed, and reinstalling can take half an hour.

I'll take console (namely Nintendo) games over PC games, thanks.

DeletedUser541

Not evey computer game can be played on my computer. I have to check what type of PC it can play on, and what the minimum is for video and sound cards.

And even if all that works, installing several games takes up a lot of space. So I have to choose which games to have installed, and reinstalling can take half an hour.

I'll take console (namely Nintendo) games over PC games, thanks.

Same, my computer can't play a third of the current PC games. And I don't want to spend the money upgrading it either. So consoles are my choice.

DeletedUser1546

missed the preorder. :(
Im really excited about the return of light guns. They finally figured out people like shooting things.

DeletedUser

Console is the machine which is made for playing games and like that it is irreplacceable.When i just remeber Sega...

DeletedUser

I can relate to Brithor and heil002, they will never agree. Similarly to an argument between an Atheist and one who believes in some sort of Religion. An agreement will not be reached.
However, the arguments are interesting enough to learn how much they know on each's own realm.
As for whether console or not, for me - it is dependant on what my son wants. I pretty much have an Atari, 3DO Panasonic, Sega, Nintendo, and XBox in the garage collecting dust. The only system out (aside from this computer) and attached to our TV is the PS2, we don't have PS3 due to it not being release in our region.
On Brithor's original question, I will wait to see what my son says - I'll ask him.
lol..................

heil002

its similar to the mac/PC user arguement

or the Lynx/windows arguement

sigh, so many hehe

I just prefer PC over consoles, because historically, anything you can do/get on a console, you can do/get on a PC. I see no reason for this trend not to continue.

Even if a particular game was never published (technically) for a PC, you can still get them to work.