Cursum perficio

DeletedUser7529

GB... you are one of the best lieutenants I ever had, many was the time I asked you to come on the P&P just to disrupt or divert attention and you did it tireless knowing that you would be the target of much ridicule.

much respect dude...

It's ok Joey.

I'm like Costco, I give ass kickings in bulk.

Colossus_of_VA

Joey,
Musch repsect to you and everything you stand for. I know I will miss our talks I hope to see you on vent or give me a call.
God Bless
Bishop

Bish... I don't think you ever knew this but your morals and loyalty often helped me keep from doing something that I would have regretted, your a good friend and I'm lucky to have played along side you.

Colossus_of_VA

Joey it is a really sad day to see you leave especially in this way and you will be sorely missed not only by me but many who have served alongside you,if ever you reconsider just drop me a mail and i will make room for you at the busy Aten palace :)

Your friend

Mikey

Mikey... it was an honor to have played this game with you, you are a true friend and one of the better leaders Ive seen in this game.

DeletedUser

Joey, you're probably the best leader HOT has ever had, I enjoyed time under your leadership. I wish you the best of luck in real life, and hope someday you can come back to this game.

Farewell Colossus.

Colossus_of_VA

Joey, you're probably the best leader HOT has ever had, I enjoyed time under your leadership. I wish you the best of luck in real life, and hope someday you can come back to this game.

Farewell Colossus.

Without the good people I had around me I was nothing... as a team we where great, thank you

DeletedUser

Although I didnt know you personally my respects for you... you were a great leader for HOT, I highly appreciate that. And when you left the leadership your views about what needed to be improved were truly great... good luck for the future.

Colossus_of_VA

Although I didnt know you personally my respects for you... you were a great leader for HOT, I highly appreciate that. And when you left the leadership your views about what needed to be improved were truly great... good luck for the future.

We did not communicate directly but I know of your contribution to HOT, I often watched the movement up or down the rankings of HOT members and was always astounded that so many people could work so well together under one banner and our tribes principles. thank you.

DeletedUser

Joey..you were a pleasure to serve with. I don't believe there will be anyone able to do with HOT what you did, when you raised it up from the condition it had deteriorated to. You were one of the best leaders in the game and I will miss that. Seeing you leave, makes me remember all the greats that I've played with, and how the world has changed since they've left. Now, it's left with one less.
Patti

Colossus_of_VA

Joey..you were a pleasure to serve with. I don't believe there will be anyone able to do with HOT what you did, when you raised it up from the condition it had deteriorated to. You were one of the best leaders in the game and I will miss that. Seeing you leave, makes me remember all the greats that I've played with, and how the world has changed since they've left. Now, it's left with one less.
Patti

Sometimes in the many endeavors of life you find a person that compliments you and what your trying to get done, sometimes its at work or in a sport, this time it was in a game, if I could only make one statement that I wanted every HOT member to know it would be to make them understand that much of what HOT is - is due to the hard work of Patti.... we all owe her a dept that can never be paid

DeletedUser2119

Bro you will be missed your Command of HOT saved the tribe many times over it was a pleasure to have you around though i wish now adays you would have just let me do as planned back than ;)

DeletedUser

Sorry to see you go but I do have one thing to add.

Its not fair to say that all the leaders have done HOT wrong. Do you even know steve34cks?

He is/will be a leader alot like yourself. He will lead with an iron fist just like you did. I dont know for sure but I am going to assume that you havent talked with steve about a leadership role. I do know for a fact that he has the upmost respect for you and what you did for HOT.

Bottom line is that there is a new sherriff in town in one steve34cks! And he carry's the same philosphy as you Joey in which he will do what is best for HOT and its allies no matter the cost. Talk with him before you go and I think your conclusion will be the same as mine. HOT will be headed in the right direction again.

I can speak for myself when I say I was about to quit too until I got to know steve even before he became commander and I have to tell you, he is the right man for the job and HOT and its allies will be proud of him.

Just my take on it! If you are the least bit interested in staying then I suggest you contact steve and you guys work this out. I swear you both will think your talking to yourself..........

DeletedUser7529

Ternith, I believe Joey is referring to the period of Shade, not Steve's.

Steve just became commander like not even 2 weeks yet, all that Joey is talking about happened way before this.

DeletedUser

dont know much about you, but your undoubtedly a great leader for HOT as well as a great player...
Its a shame to see you go, and I enjoyed reading your arguments :p

Colossus_of_VA

Sorry to see you go but I do have one thing to add.

Its not fair to say that all the leaders have done HOT wrong. Do you even know steve34cks?

He is/will be a leader alot like yourself. He will lead with an iron fist just like you did. I dont know for sure but I am going to assume that you havent talked with steve about a leadership role. I do know for a fact that he has the upmost respect for you and what you did for HOT.

Bottom line is that there is a new sherriff in town in one steve34cks! And he carry's the same philosphy as you Joey in which he will do what is best for HOT and its allies no matter the cost. Talk with him before you go and I think your conclusion will be the same as mine. HOT will be headed in the right direction again.

I can speak for myself when I say I was about to quit too until I got to know steve even before he became commander and I have to tell you, he is the right man for the job and HOT and its allies will be proud of him.

Just my take on it! If you are the least bit interested in staying then I suggest you contact steve and you guys work this out. I swear you both will think your talking to yourself..........

Rather than point fingers at any one person... Ill make it simple, long ago there was a leader of HOT named Krahl, he was a great leader but tended to keep a very tight grasp on every aspect of the running of HOT, the result was that when he suddenly disappeared the tribe was thrown into chaos, FTR saw this an opportunity to merge HOT into FTR, many debates took place and in the end a group of determined people decide to turn down the mighty FTR and rebuild HOT, hours and hours of work went into it over the next year and a half... the tribe turned around an surpassed our greatest hopes.

With massive growth comes massive work and headaches, there came a time that I needed to step down and rest, the tribe was in great shape and was strong enough to deter most threats by its size alone, I decided to turn it over to Solfar... just 3 months later I started to get word from HOT's members and allies that there was trouble... when 3 of our best branches came to me and asked me to return or they planned on leaving HOT... I retook the command position and with the help of other great leaders we turned things back around and moved the tribe to the largest on W2, once again it was time for RL to be my focus and I turned the tribe over to Bishop and retired, but then there was a problem and Bishop had to leave... Shade was appointed the new Commander, I had my doubts about his abilities in this and offered to teach him, he turned it down and eventually was unable to command... once again I offered to retake command to stabilize the tribe... but Jonesi assured me he could handle it... now hes out and I'm being told that I'm not needed and Steve can do a great job...

The end result is I'm tired of watching players learn that leading a large family tribe is not as easy as they thought it was and seeing the tribe that I helped build pay the price for their education.

DeletedUser

Part of what I was trying to say in the first message is that steve wont turn down any advice giving to him. He is not this macho " I am the only one that can turn this around" kind of guy.

I am not saying that you think he is I am just saying that he will do what is best for HOT and its allies.

The thing about steve is that he will instill what worked before and has already learned from past mistakes. He knows that no one person can take this tribe and expect it to change for the better over night. He will/has appointed people that he feels will help in this cause and I can tell you for a fact, if those people dont do there job he will be the first person to tell them they are not and give them 2 options, "do your job or I will find someone that will."

Steve is not nieve as to think he doesnt need to surround hisself with great people with the better good of the tribe and its allies in mind. You had Patti to help you along with a few others that were great. Steve is looking for those others that will help him strive for excellence. He is expects nothing less than effort!!

Contact him Joey, you will be pleased!

kommissarwulf

Shade was appointed the new Commander, I had my doubts about his abilities in this and offered to teach him, he turned it down and eventually was unable to command...

There's a lot more to it than that. MUCH more. Not my place to go into it though as it's based more on matters outside of the game than those in it. At least with relation to why he stepped down.

Colossus_of_VA

Part of what I was trying to say in the first message is that steve wont turn down any advice giving to him. He is not this macho " I am the only one that can turn this around" kind of guy.

I am not saying that you think he is I am just saying that he will do what is best for HOT and its allies.

The thing about steve is that he will instill what worked before and has already learned from past mistakes. He knows that no one person can take this tribe and expect it to change for the better over night. He will/has appointed people that he feels will help in this cause and I can tell you for a fact, if those people dont do there job he will be the first person to tell them they are not and give them 2 options, "do your job or I will find someone that will."

Steve is not nieve as to think he doesnt need to surround hisself with great people with the better good of the tribe and its allies in mind. You had Patti to help you along with a few others that were great. Steve is looking for those others that will help him strive for excellence. He is expects nothing less than effort!!

Contact him Joey, you will be pleased!

Ternith... I don't doubt that you and Steve think it will work, I actually hope it will, I hope hes better than I ever was, but the fact is that Ive heard this story before... several times, all those people had the best intentions but for reasons both good and bad... they failed.

One of these failures will result in the end of HOT, I choose not to be there to see that happen.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Colossus_of_VA

There's a lot more to it than that. MUCH more. Not my place to go into it though as it's based more on matters outside of the game than those in it. At least with relation to why he stepped down.

I made no mention of his reasons for leaving as I know them to be personal, this has nothing to do with my doubts about his ability to lead from day one.

kommissarwulf

I made no mention of his reasons for leaving as I know them to be personal, this has nothing to do with my doubts about his ability to lead from day one.

Just wanted to make sure that the impact of "outside" influences didn't reflect upon his actions as leader. There were some things I found questionable about his leadership at points too.

Not disputing what you're saying, just making sure that those who read things are aware that there was more to his stepping down than most are aware of. It seems to have happened a few times with leaders over the last few months in multiple families and branches.

DeletedUser

Well, I hate that you feel that way.

Nothing but respect for you buddy but I have to tell you, correct me if I am wrong, you seem to be saying that you are the only one that can do the job right. That, to me, is a little self centered and not fair to everyone else.

I have been around for awhile and I know that you done a good job but I also know that you didnt do it alone.

To imply that no one can do it and that your just going to leave before we fall is not the comments of the leader I once knew and respected.

Good luck to you, may your future endeavors be kind to you!