Death of shAve?

ainsleyhope

The only leader people will not follow is the one that will not work with the people and give the people what they want. As pointed out previously, shAve had problems of inactivity. Do you not think that is due to shAve's leadership not keeping the members active?? All the merging decisions closed many members expansion routes. That makes people go inactive!

shAves leadership decided all the diplomacy! That killed any prospect of fun war! That killed activity!

There are only so many people on any one world who are willing to play simcity. Only those players would be happy with the way shAve was going!

How can you blame members for the decisions and direction leadership took?

It's impossible for a leader to keep each and every member active 100% of the time. There is such a thing as Real Life you know?! In case you didn't know.. that's what people are referring to when they say "RL". Being in Shave, and obviously seeing the forum's people were leaving because of real life, not because this game got boring.

Not once have I ever said that I agreed with Shave merging a lot of the time; on the contrary. Read up and you will see that I mentioned the Fig merge for instance. That was a poor piece of diplomacy for Shave who undeniably did too many merges. By all means bring in the top 3 or 4, but no more than that. I can categorically say that the merges did bring in some awesome players into Shave. One of which my account merged with soon after - Raugmoss. Wildgrass is another awesome player, as is Tepsudes. All three of them came from a merge. There was a lot of garbage that came in with it which as previously stated.. was a mistake.

I don't think I am blaming the members, not at all. I stated that members are what keep a tribe going and without these, the leadership fails as well. What people don't understand, especially leaders it seems (looks at Geani) is that both leadership and the members of a tribe go hand in hand. You cannot be successful with just one.

DeletedUser

It's impossible for a leader to keep each and every member active 100% of the time. There is such a thing as Real Life you know?! In case you didn't know.. that's what people are referring to when they say "RL". Being in Shave, and obviously seeing the forum's people were leaving because of real life, not because this game got boring.

Right, now thank you for the lesson. I always wondered what RL stood for.

If people leave you either much them up (or as people call it Internal) or you dismiss them if you don't have the sit. Simple....

You get your active members to step up. You divide the targets and get them to set up different more front line bases.. give direction so they know what is coming and so on....

For the tribe that thought of themselves so high, they have achieved very little. If you speak of so many very good players than they alone could have done a lot. Surely they could have done much better in stepping up to the plate and doing what was necessary.

I am sure shAve would have been around for much longer had they not have to deal with incomings. This was the first real sign of trouble and they all fell apart!

Blame who you want I still say leadership has to take 80% of the blame!

DeletedUser

I agree
Rl is kicking, yes, but leaders have to choose: keep those accounts inactive or eat them? I allways choose last options, eat them fast.
If shaves leaders preffered to sleep, it was their choice :)
A last example about shaves leaders? Shaves profile:

Need a shave?
Contact habar n-am.

habar is inactive from some time, how come he was on Shaves profile? And hes still there :))

I called it beeing lazy and bad leadership:D

DeletedUser104187

Hello I feel the merges did have a big hand it did make playing pretty boring for a while seem wars started were the core players that started the tribe were and not so much for players in k65 and k75 were a lot of the inacitves were.. alliances didn't help but really its not the merges or even the alliances its the fact we had NO communication the leaders made a choice and the rest of the tribe followed there was never a message to any of the tribe members about a merge or an alliance we were told probably after the tribe that was merging in with us was told... so between constant allies and naps and merges most people ether got tired of dealing with it or like said in earlier posts blocked in and tried of playing sim city