Declaration of war!

DeletedUser33413

Well as i said before, i got a lot of help and support from the guys on the frontline. They helped me move there and then helped keep me there and take more villages (not many as i was only small) but the help was there. At least thats what i found.

DeletedUser

what about trying to get them to noble both!

ie: tell them if they noble 1 enemy village they can noble 2 barbs, that should slowly eat the barbs and move the frontline forward, once barbs are gone you got soo many players at the front they just keep eating red dots. and there are many other ways to continue!

Tried but the time needed to monitor that was more then we could handle. I do agree on this though.

DeletedUser

Tried but the time needed to monitor that was more then we could handle. I do agree on this though.

At some situations we pretty much needed to actually enforce the other - that they should also take backyard villages after advancing on hostile territory if we don't want to run out of defenses. ;)

However, we have never tried enforcing it on an individual level, just keeping it balanced for regions or front lines. In every tribe there are players who are temporarily short on time or having other issues and can't actively fight on any front for some periods, so it's pretty easy (and logical) to specifically ask them to spread in the backyard and create D villages for frontline support. So long they are team-players, it is useful, as this strategy allows the warmongers to continue fighting on fronts instead of backyard cleaning, and allowing the time-stressed members to remain useful for the community (thus eliminating a couple stress factors on both types). However, it requires some prequisites like an appropriate player mindset, that's something a good tribe should be looking for before recruitment anyway or should have it's learning curve designed to make the new recruit adopts it.

DeletedUser

Let me tell you why I left BH.
I wont talk bad about BoS they where a bunch of great guys they didnt have the no-barb rule at that time and they supported you when you needed it and helped out with anything.
I had the problems with most of BoK guys they would not even let BoS noble in there area in the safe zones at all when they where suppose to be a family I remenber when mojo joined the family and they would fight about that also.
The real downfall I feel was when most of BoS quit even the dukes then BoK came in and destoryed it.
They also was so afraid of spys and accused alot of us being one also took form privages away I could not even see who needed support.lol
I thought this was so dumb being in a tribe that was so mean and hateful toward there menbers I thought why am I playing this game.lol
The truth is and I really dont care if they belive me or not I was not a spy and never told the NP anything I was getting ready to quit the game untill I joined NP and it was the best thing I ever did.

If BH treated there menbers like NP does [Love you DJ and elles and the rest of the tribe] they would of been a great tribe.

In my opion BH destoyed there tribe thereselves they where never a family tribe only BoS vs BoK

JTK I can tell you are trying to tell the truth of what happened and I agree with you thats why I wanted to write this I was one of the menbers that knew what was going on.
CC you know what your talking about also you told what really was going on.

I did come over from BoK I had no control over this I do know there was/is a spy. If you say you were not a spy then I will take it as truth because why lie at this point. I am telling what I know, I am sure there is more to the story of what happened.

The real downfall I feel was when most of BoS quit even the dukes

This was the main issue had really nothing to do with BoK coming in. The problem you had I believe was with one person not the rest of us.

DeletedUser

At some situations we pretty much needed to actually enforce the other - that they should also take backyard villages after advancing on hostile territory if we don't want to run out of defenses. ;)

However, we have never tried enforcing it on an individual level, just keeping it balanced for regions or front lines. In every tribe there are players who are temporarily short on time or having other issues and can't actively fight on any front for some periods, so it's pretty easy (and logical) to specifically ask them to spread in the backyard and create D villages for frontline support. So long they are team-players, it is useful, as this strategy allows the warmongers to continue fighting on fronts instead of backyard cleaning, and allowing the time-stressed members to remain useful for the community (thus eliminating a couple stress factors on both types). However, it requires some prequisites like an appropriate player mindset, that's something a good tribe should be looking for before recruitment anyway or should have it's learning curve designed to make the new recruit adopts it.

Yeah there is a time and place for barb munching and inactive munching I just felt that we were focusing more on munching the red dots. If a tribe leans to far that way it actually makes things easier on the enemy. There is no stress fighting against an enemy that never sends you attacks.

as this strategy allows the warmongers to continue fighting

We did have this in place, where people would strictly work on cleaning up the k's and send support to the front, but the warmongers started to leave it left a lot of the people whose job it was to support left to fight. Some players were able to make the switch but some did not.

DeletedUser

In regards of the spy story, guess it won't hurt anyone now to share a few bits and let everyone to learn from the story.

Honestly, I still remember how paranoid BoM and hellisfun was being about it, despite picturing himself a "RL professional" in profiling people. He constantly kept trying to get info from us, promising anything from a butt-kick to 72 virgins, and whenever we randomly picked a name from BoM (first just to give him a lesson, without expecting anything to happen), that player has been shortly kicked out and been turned against (we later sometimes even picked a 'spy' from the rest of BH, checking what is going to happen). Just to understand how much damage did BH leaders do to their own tribe, just by simply trusting hostiles more than their own members, that's how did they manage to backstab - amongst others - their biggest player on K55 when we were just starting to expand on the borders. We never even imagined it would happen, as that was like giving free entrance to the K for us. All that for a sentence like "yes, you're right, he is a spy, that's why we managed to take his first some towns.". Yes, you're right assuming he was simply losing villages due to the lack of support from his own mates and was fighting hard against us all the time. Could have been checked pretty easily on a variety of ways if their leaders take the time for it, instead of promptly promoting him to be a scapegoat.

I think BoM (and the whole Brotherhood) was wanting to believe in the spy story so much that you made anything just to be able to prove it's not fiction, and that way the only thing you've proven to your members that you don't trust them and that there is nothing between the leadership and most members to turn your branch into a community. That was showing people how pointless it is to remain loyal to you - there has been a week when we were receiving 5 different offers from two of your branches for spying (which we declined as we didn't need their help nor we wanted to leave their villages alone).

On the other side, HIF was also trying to prove we are having spies in [BA]; well, we know that we've had a 'spy' helping his friends in the MOJO war, so does another in the Storm war. We've also had a spy at the Corridor, giving free access to Wisdom to everything for months. It still didn't help any of them, right? Simply, starting a witch-hunt after spies would have caused more issues than occasionally having some info leaked. We sometimes internally warned the spies that it would be time to end playing for two teams, but never let these issues to grow above us.

As for these 'spies', two are active and loyal players now. One - the Corridor spy - has been rimmed by his masters. All cases are closed on a way or another.

Witch hunts are only able to destroy a tribe's internal integrity (thus eliminating the community feeling) and have the leadership waste too much time on it. The results of the different approaches are, once again, pretty clear. [BA] is still a community, people are working together, and the occasional leaks are easily covered or even can be ignored due to their low impact on the results, while in BH everyone is afraid of spies and barely trusting the other. Spies are not that much of a problem, and you can never find a way to really have 100% protection against info leaking. Handling them on the wrong way is much more dangerous - that's the first thing we have internally agreed on in [BA] years ago about this subject.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Wow I can't believe this thread is still active...or even here for that matter...

DeletedUser

Before you start to throw around insults maybe you should check who started this thread and how long ago it was...just a thought ;)