Declaration of war!

DeletedUser

I am not sure exact timeline as it all is a tad messy for me, but the BH was fighting hordes and titans and made ground pretty quickly. NP jumped in after woody joined(??) but were supporting titans at points along the front. They were able to launch attacks but we were not prepared to retaliate as we were still rebuilding from battling prior and launching up north. There were ops on the north we pulled ahead in k6 but hit a giant Mav roadblock in k16. Many of the southern guys relocated to k17 and K7 to be closer to the fight (which in hindsight was a bad move as many of those barbs were demolished because of the no barb policy)
We lost 3 or 4 active front line southern players within a matter of 2 weeks. Leaders got bogged down with sits and had no time to plan anything. I know I had 12 sits at one time including kfollmer, cliniev and three from Mojo plus my own account and they all had incomming. And the rest is shown in the stats.
Some players left to RL under no duress of the enemy, some left because the time spent rebuilding and tagging was not worth it, some left out of pure frustration of not being the bully anymore.
There was no stability of leadership.

-jtk5

As for the quote about Hitler I am guessing more people know about what he did alive then how he died.

matko88

The only fact that matter is present. Even if bos have beaten god in TW they are still dead now. And tell me, 3 tribes full of players and almost all are gone in last year? What about two years before that? Two years you had about 250 players and last year you have 10-20 actives? Strange that all decided now that RL is kicking their ass and they have to leave this game. Yes you all talk about how great BH was but hey, tell me one war you were in that you were smaller then your opponent? Not even one because you become very big quickly and you were constantly eating outside small rim tribes when they got useful villages.

The fact is that we at npF always fought bigger opponents but we weren't in top 20 for a long time (by points, I still remember that post of djnelosn99 when he told us about ODA maps here on PnP, we were 7th at that time but by points we were around 30th place!) and we still kicked all tribes asses. From NW K24 we took whole K13 when there were dominating a lot bigger tribe but I don't remember their name, and we won that war. I fought a lot of wars together with those npF mates and we also won all of them. Did you? No, and that's what matter now. Now flame me cause we are aka jumpers :p

DeletedUser

What three tribes are you talking about? BoS BoK and BoC or BoM? The number of accounts in a tribe and the amount of players in a tribe are two different things. Like I said I was sitting a lot of accounts and others were also.

Nobody is saying NP is not a good tribe so there is no real need to go over your accomplishments. Jumpers? I am only aware of it in this war, although I have read it here before, so I can really not speak of it. Did you guys jump in here? Yes but honestly it was the smartest thing to do because when/if we finished with titans (and without NP we would have IMHO) we would have been proper neighbors. Why wait? Would it have been better to let this war take its course, and then wait for us to rebuild and stock the frontlines ect. from my stand point yes but from the actual game stand point not really.

-jtk5

killergoon=-

What three tribes are you talking about? BoS BoK and BoC or BoM? The number of accounts in a tribe and the amount of players in a tribe are two different things. Like I said I was sitting a lot of accounts and others were also.

-jtk5

not trying to fight but if u go to any twstats u will see lots of tribes holding junk in the hope thier owners will come back

DeletedUser

Still, I guess those accounts weren't created by multis, meaning they were once all having an owner. That's 3-4 times more opportunities to keep the same amount of active players like a standalone tribe could do (and if I remember correctly, BH has been the biggest family along the top tribes, so literally they've had the most backup in terms of player base and possible peak expansion rate. How did they lose them all and losing so much opportunities is being more than what some external issues could be blamed for is what we were originally started speaking about.

DeletedUser

not trying to fight but if u go to any twstats u will see lots of tribes holding junk in the hope thier owners will come back

Agreed our just seemed to happen at once, after the 60 days they become more or less useless. Other tribes might have the ability to increase the sitting periods :icon_wink: or pass around sits to launch attacks from.

DeletedUser

Still, I guess those accounts weren't created by multis, meaning they were once all having an owner. That's 3-4 times more opportunities to keep the same amount of active players like a standalone tribe could do (and if I remember correctly, BH has been the biggest family along the top tribes, so literally they've had the most backup in terms of player base and possible peak expansion rate. How did they lose them all and losing so much opportunities is being more than what some external issues could be blamed for is what we were originally started speaking about.

Sorry do not follow. I was just trying to figure out what three tribes he was referring too. I know BoC was a dead account or proving ground tribe.

Are you saying that because of our player size we should have been able to handle inactives and RL issues more effectively than other smaller tribes? I see no flaw in that logic. We have already pointed out that the NP nuking led to some of the players to leave, sonny led to players leaving both before and after god bless him, and the normal desertion rate. Obviously as players leave it tends to make more players leave. Once you hit a point the desertions increase exponentially as it becomes harder to fight with less people. Less people talk in the forums and the reason you play this game is to coordinate things with other players.

I take responsibility for a good deal of it as I was a duke for a time.

alech

You don't make players stay or not they decide that, it's just a game.

Facts speak for themselves, the BH had inactivity problems and that is why they are not doing good at the moment, atleast in my opinion.

DeletedUser

What you do not grasp is all tribes have inactivity problems, and it's not something you can use to excuse yourself.
It's like saying "My nukes don't build fast enough - I quit!" :)

DeletedUser

What you do not grasp is all tribes have inactivity problems, and it's not something you can use to excuse yourself.
It's like saying "My nukes don't build fast enough - I quit!" :)

This in fact is my greatest struggle :(

DeletedUser

You don't make players stay or not they decide that, it's just a game.

Facts speak for themselves, the BH had inactivity problems and that is why they are not doing good at the moment, atleast in my opinion.

It's quite naive to say you internally can't make players stay but on the other side, external events can fully force them to desert you. As far as I can tell, you and their other fellow members are always being a great factor for a player to choose between leaving or continue fighting alongside with the rest.

Facts indeed do speak for themselves, and are not speaking about some random external disasters periodically hitting BH and ignoring all the rest of the tribes. :icon_wink:

jtk5 said:
Obviously as players leave it tends to make more players leave. Once you hit a point the desertions increase exponentially as it becomes harder to fight with less people.

I agree on this. I was only saying that this is the place where the community factor (the internal circumstances) takes the main role and can effectively fight against any external issue, as for a tight group that critical mass is much harder to be reached than for a random, loosely-teamed group.

Forming a real community instead of a random group in a slow-paced team-based game seems to be a main objective of any effective strategy. Failing to do it also seems like a major flaw on the team's or leaders side. BH failing to be effective in this (or failing to understand it's importance) is a major factor in those external issues (and negative internal effects, like *np*'s constant artillery fire) destroying your family so easily, as there is nothing to soften their effects.

Is that sounds correct?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I agree with that and this is really where the RL and people leaving hurt us the most. We tended to lose leadership while NP and BA had stability at the top. Also being in BoK and then moving to BoS i did not have a personal relationship with the BoS guys. Again I take full responsibility as there were and are still really good players in BoS, I just failed at motivating. :icon_cry:

DeletedUser

well i played an account in BoS for around 2-3 weeks. I was offered to hold on to it till the owner returned, which never happened. I thought i would stick around longer and see if i could hit Titans but then decided not to when i was declined any support to my frontline. So here how it goes,

In BH the unfairness was that some players were allowed to noble barbs and others were not. Now the reasons for those to be able to noble barbs are pointless.

Another thing was that BH had alot of empty space in all the K's they had under their control, but their frontline barely had any barb since it was allowed to clusterize there. So a small backline with a huge frontline resulted in the inability to stack highly.

Now from my past experience, i rebuilt the account which had 300 nobles or so and made a backline consisting of 150+ vills in under 1 week. Only problem was that the troops needed time to build and i was not bothered waiting when i could easily strike the frontline with various options. I contacted for support and was declined by the fact that there was none to spare, which i knew was a lie.

So not supporting when needed can be used as a fact, and once a stacked frontline is broken, its easier to eat at the vills that just need a few villages here and there.

As for teamwork, there were a few ops managed by mails that took place and were successful (30 or so conquers). I made friends with my neighbors who i knew were helping one another through mails, but people in the backline did not see that so were not pushed to help. Also K6 was moving on, it had tons of barbs for BoS to take and due to their size compared to Titans, they could stack and titans would be in abit of defense lacking situation.

Other Ks were not pushed for and not many people offered their nukes, which just layed in the back.

Now i Left. So that is my experience and here is what i heard from friends.

BH removed the barb law, people started eating barbs instead of eating a few and mass nuking frontline.
I saw you guys hit mav with low success on nobling, would have been a huge moral bump to the head, but still you should of continued if you were a close community where many say they would go out fighting rather then dissapear.

And while all that happened, np moved forward with their mass nuking frontlines :)

That is just abit of experience in the tribe and the community from my part rather than inactivity, Which could increase as this went on.

netjakdim

I know my account may have been one of the rare stupid ones but one of the main reasons that I quit the game was becuase of the premium. I had access to the internet removed for a couple of weeks and when I returned I found someone had put premium on my account. I decided to let that player finish sitting until the premium ran out during which time I kept checking back for the forums but not for the game as the premium confused the hell out of me.
I was so happy when I checked in on the last day that the premium was for and when I got on I saw another 2 months
of premium activated on my account at that time I was so frustrated I just gave up and started worrying about school work instead.
Recently I rejoined and am helping co-play an account but I have found the glory of just clicking "ALL" on the overviews and can now go through without all the confusion of the premium. The owner of the account understands how to use that thing so it works out well. I am just kind of glad to be back and see how the guys were doing.

DeletedUser33413

Man i feel sorry for jtk5 lol. You seem to be taking a lot of crap despite actually agreeing with most of what everyone has said lol.

I have to agree with cc actually. I have said before that not nobling barbs is silly - so we wont go back down that line.

However i did feel as a member of BoK, in k29 and k39 that there were not many incentives to move to the front. I did however always have all my defence on the frontline so i think the fact that there wasnt (isnt?) much defence was true, possibly down to the no barb nobling rule.

However once i got a few villages on the frontline i have to admit the atmosphere changed and everyone on the fronts were active and helpful and you got a real sense of a community.

The problem was to feel this you had to get people there in the first place, which is something i think the 13th have managed to do extremely well. In my opinion we do this by simply taking our time over ops and things and moving forward at a relatively slow pace, to try to encourage the smaller backline players to join in. Basically we are not bothered about taking 2 days longer to get the smaller guys to have some fun as well.

Although now Sir M is back, we now seem to be in 5th gear ;-)

DeletedUser

In my opinion we do this by simply taking our time over ops and things and moving forward at a relatively slow pace

Probably easy to do as I am sure you are not getting full on attacked comparatively to BH. The no barb rule was shortsighted( as we catted down barbs and then forced people to take them ??) but can be an effective way to fight as long as you already have the upper hand. The problem is that it is entirely to easy and makes people lazy. I fought against taking inactives and barbs, especially backlines, when I was duke because there was only a small amount of people actually trying to noble red dots. The rest were fine sending out some nukes but played the lazy game. I have no issue with taking both as long as you try to noble the enemy.

DeletedUser

what about trying to get them to noble both!

ie: tell them if they noble 1 enemy village they can noble 2 barbs, that should slowly eat the barbs and move the frontline forward, once barbs are gone you got soo many players at the front they just keep eating red dots. and there are many other ways to continue!

netjakdim

Barbs are actually good things as if you have a couple of people in your tribe that are just not really that great but active and willing. They can noble out all the barbs and build them up. This keeps them active as well as helps out the stronger players.
When they noble out the barbs they will gain villages full of resources and troops. Since they are not attacking they can then focus on building Defense which is really an iron heavy endevour. When the troops are full they send them to villages on the front along with resources shipments to help people rebuild. I can see the thought about farming them for resources but really is it not more effecient to spend the couple 100,000 resources to acquire the village and raise the camps all to 30 then it is to constantly waste effective troops moving the resources back to your villages.

DeletedUser

Let me tell you why I left BH.
I wont talk bad about BoS they where a bunch of great guys they didnt have the no-barb rule at that time and they supported you when you needed it and helped out with anything.
I had the problems with most of BoK guys they would not even let BoS noble in there area in the safe zones at all when they where suppose to be a family I remenber when mojo joined the family and they would fight about that also.
The real downfall I feel was when most of BoS quit even the dukes then BoK came in and destoryed it.
They also was so afraid of spys and accused alot of us being one also took form privages away I could not even see who needed support.lol
I thought this was so dumb being in a tribe that was so mean and hateful toward there menbers I thought why am I playing this game.lol
The truth is and I really dont care if they belive me or not I was not a spy and never told the NP anything I was getting ready to quit the game untill I joined NP and it was the best thing I ever did.

If BH treated there menbers like NP does [Love you DJ and elles and the rest of the tribe] they would of been a great tribe.

In my opion BH destoyed there tribe thereselves they where never a family tribe only BoS vs BoK

JTK I can tell you are trying to tell the truth of what happened and I agree with you thats why I wanted to write this I was one of the menbers that knew what was going on.
CC you know what your talking about also you told what really was going on.

netjakdim

Listening to you guys I find it hard to believe that anyone trying to win the game could be like that.
I know in 13th during the K~Head war and even in the early stages of the Wisdom war those of
us in the back that did not have villages on the front were offered free villages from players that
were there just a little behind the front lines. I know that Slah Alden gave me about 10 villages
about 20 squares behind the lines, prenobled and even supported them until my own defense
showed up. Even some of pour allies helped me with villages when I moved out into other K's.
They might not have given their villages but wasted alot of offensive troops clearing out new
villages and allowing me to noble them.