Defence troops ?

Xudam

How do i get the strongest, yet kinda quick deff village out of barracks only ?
1/1/1 spear, sword, archers ?

Or how should i spread it?

Any tips ?

DeletedUser

4/3/3 sp/sw/ar is my favourite.
Recruit it in small packages while maintaining the ratio.
For example 40/30/30 at the time or 80/60/60.

dukeyp123

If you follow Gorth's advice it will take you 22.5 days to recruit a full village worth of D troops. Which imo is far too long.

"Kinda quick" and "out of barracks only" are mutually exclusive.

DeletedUser112257

2:1:2 is one I like :)

Heavy Cavalry are incredibly expensive for nohauls so I wouldn't suggest building them if there are not many immediate dangers in your area

Muldie325

Yeap. But once your D vills start filling up they will stay full or close to it if you stack properly, so build time becomes irrelevant.

DeletedUser

I love those black horses. They're worth every resources.

Rand_Althor

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I love those black horses. They're worth every resources.

Whenever I recruit them I have this theme blaring out my speakers. Gotta luv some HC.

[spoil][video=youtube;Flvxbw8YYM8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Flvxbw8YYM8[/video][/spoil]

DeletedUser93066

Your face suck. HC is GOD. You just jelly cause you haz no Black horsie.

DeletedUser

If you follow Gorth's advice it will take you 22.5 days to recruit a full village worth of D troops. Which imo is far too long.

When you realise that you can build a full D village in 8.375 days, when you build only Spears and Heavy Cavalry, and that you don't really lose out on too much effectiveness by doing so? Then yeah. That 22.5 days for barracks only starts looking pretty restrictive.

Having faster Def is also really valuable as it means that you get more snipe attempts and can stack villages further away.

dukeyp123

When you realise that you can build a full D village in 8.375 days, when you build only Spears and Heavy Cavalry, and that you don't really lose out on too much effectiveness by doing so? Then yeah. That 22.5 days for barracks only starts looking pretty restrictive.

Having faster Def is also really valuable as it means that you get more snipe attempts and can stack villages further away.

Totally agree, Solace! I think the numbers really show the difference.

For simplicity of numbers let's say the farm space to be used is 20k. Comparing the 2k HC and 8k SP to the 8K SP 6k SW and 6k Arch, we have:

DEF 1: 2k HC & 8k SP

Build time:

~207.5 hours.

Defence stats:

General defence 520000
Cavalry Defence 520000
Defence Archer 520000

Defence stats (per hour)*:

General: 2506 /hour
Cavalry: 2506 /hour
Archer: 2506 /hour

DEF 2: 8k SP, 6k SW and 6k Arch:

Build time:

~603 hours.

Defence stats:

General defence 720000
Cavalry Defence 690000
Defence Archer 430000

Defence stats (per hour)*

General: 1194 /hour
Cavalry: 1144 /hour
Defence: 713 /hour

That's all well and good but the it becomes even more obvious when we divide the defence stats of DEF 1 by the defence stats per hour of DEF 2 (i.e. "how long before DEF 2 becomes better than DEF1?")

520k / 1.194(k/h) = 435 hours
520k / 1.144(k/h) = 454 hours
520k / 0.713(k/h) = 729 hours (since greater than build time of DEF2 this result can be discarded)

This basically shows us that for the first 430 hours, or ~18 days, you have more General defence if you build spears and HC. For the first 454 hours, or ~19days, you have better Cav defence if you build just spears and HC.

As Muldie mentioned this isn't so important in the mid-game phase, but right now these numbers make all the difference as most D villas are only around half full.

mattcurr

Totally agree, Solace! I think the numbers really show the difference.

For simplicity of numbers let's say the farm space to be used is 20k. Comparing the 2k HC and 8k SP to the 8K SP 6k SW and 6k Arch, we have:

DEF 1: 2k HC & 8k SP

Build time:

~207.5 hours.

Defence stats:

General defence 520000
Cavalry Defence 520000
Defence Archer 520000

Defence stats (per hour)*:

General: 2506 /hour
Cavalry: 2506 /hour
Archer: 2506 /hour

DEF 2: 8k SP, 6k SW and 6k Arch:

Build time:

~603 hours.

Defence stats:

General defence 720000
Cavalry Defence 690000
Defence Archer 430000

Defence stats (per hour)*

General: 1194 /hour
Cavalry: 1144 /hour
Defence: 713 /hour

That's all well and good but the it becomes even more obvious when we divide the defence stats of DEF 1 by the defence stats per hour of DEF 2 (i.e. "how long before DEF 2 becomes better than DEF1?")

520k / 1.194(k/h) = 435 hours
520k / 1.144(k/h) = 454 hours
520k / 0.713(k/h) = 729 hours (since greater than build time of DEF2 this result can be discarded)

This basically shows us that for the first 430 hours, or ~18 days, you have more General defence if you build spears and HC. For the first 454 hours, or ~19days, you have better Cav defence if you build just spears and HC.

As Muldie mentioned this isn't so important in the mid-game phase, but right now these numbers make all the difference as most D villas are only around half full.

Just a few questions. Why discount costs? Why cant you build HC/Sp/Sw/Ac? Where hc are then used as a supplement, for speed of build and movement. Hc in general really do just suck, but in a world like this there are uses.

DeletedUser95593

I don't understand why people build swords on an archer world.

DeletedUser113515

I don't understand why people build swords on an archer world.

This.

Muldie has a point.
Archer is strong but dependent on attackers. 200MA is enough to wipe your archers.
HC for Snipe, 5 Swords for more snipe chance(different speed)

DeletedUser

. Hc in general really do just suck, but in a world like this there are uses.
I don't build any LC after my 3rd village, I have been doing it wrong all along :icon_sad:
I build little black horsies everywhere.:lol:

Last edited by a moderator: