Disbanding a tribe by an enemy or spy or account sitter

DeletedUser

Yes it is, the rule says you cant cause harm to his work, that includes the work he put into a tribe. If they are foolish enough to give you your own rights then you can do as you please but you cant abuse a sit to do it, the rules are clear on it

Wrong again.

You may not damage the account.

A tribe is not a part of the account.

If a player is a Duke and is stupid enough to pass his account to a player he does not completely trust, then too bad so sad.

Reviv333

If the account is duke of an tribe, and the account sitter disband,dismiss, or delete the tribe's forums it should be automatic punishment of that account sitter account.

That would implement automatic banned in his account. It's not moral and not noble. If you can't beat your enemy the right way, and you need to turn to evil playing, then your not good, smile!

That also goes for spying!

DeletedUser

If the account is duke of an tribe, and the account sitter disband,dismiss, or delete the tribe's forums it should be automatic punishment of that account sitter account.
Why? The same thing can be accomplished by giving the person privileges. If you, as a duke, set someone who isn't a duke as your account sitter, you have basically promoted them to being a duke in your tribe. If you can't trust the person who you "promoted" then you gets what you deserves.

That would implement automatic banned in his account. It's not moral and not noble. If you can't beat your enemy the right way, and you need to turn to evil playing, then your not good, smile!

I have said it before, and I will say it again. Though I do not personally agree with the tactic, it should not be punishable by the game mods. You want to punish a person for doing this, then rim them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reviv333

Still, it's not right to disband someone;s else's tribe.
What if someone disbands CoD, for instance, they would have 2 options, proposed punishment with ingame staff or rim, I choose banned then rim xD

But people have their opinions and justifications, just stated mine.

DeletedUser

Destroying and enemy from within and spying are valid parts of real war so why shouldn't they be part of a war game??

I've been a part of disbanding an enemy and would probably do it again if I felt it was needed and possible. I constantly use spies and I expect others use them as well. It's part of the strategy, manipulating your enemy and others to do your bidding while watching your back so others can't do it to you.

I've used every underhanded tactic in the book, from spies, disbanding, pitting allies against each other, to using tribes or players to do my bidding then turning on them. THIS IS A WAR GAME...not a play nice with others game.

Here's the thing. When you use such tactics you risk getting a reputation for them and thus someone can use them against you in PNP, also underhanded and very much part of the game. So if you choose to use them you need to either find a balance or just say to hell with it and deal with the consequences. But understand there is always repercussions for your actions. You betray people and people will stop trusting you. You get ahead by means seen as underhanded and people will want to see you fail.

I've played both sides of this coin, on purpose, in some worlds I play the upstanding always do the right thing person and I get others on my side to back me up. In other worlds I say to heck with it and decide to be the bad guy, purposely using and abusing everyone that I need to. Both are equally effective when properly done. And no...I won't tell you which role I'm playing in this world.

DeletedUser

Still, it's not right to disband someone;s else's tribe.
What if someone disbands CoD, for instance, they would have 2 options, proposed punishment with ingame staff or rim, I choose banned then rim xD

But people have their opinions and justifications, just stated mine.

Being right or wrong is irrelevant. What it is, and as it should be, is not against the rules.

You don't like someone doing it, do your own dirty work. Don't expect the game mods to do it for you.

DeletedUser

Being right or wrong is irrelevant. What it is, and as it should be, is not against the rules.

You don't like someone doing it, do your own dirty work. Don't expect the game mods to do it for you.

:icon_twisted::icon_twisted:

EXACTLY!!

frostyfingers

placing someone into a role that can be a wreck to your hard work, as duke or baron...is on the fualt of the sitted account's owner, not the sitter, the sitter used strategy to gain advantage...thats life and certainly is used in war...

Fattybryce

Hey Angacam, you playing this world?
EDIT: Looked you up, didn't know you were playing this world. Interesting. Pitty you weren't a little closer. :snob::snob::icon_razz:

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Wrong again.

You may not damage the account.

A tribe is not a part of the account.

If a player is a Duke and is stupid enough to pass his account to a player he does not completely trust, then too bad so sad.

Angacam, you're actually incorrect. I will give you an example, but because it's not legal to discuss an actual support ticket I will not provide the details.

In a tribe I was once in...the Duke gave his account sit to someone...now that person was trusted and had been there for a long time...it wasn't some random person. The account sitter:

1. Used the Duke account to give himself Duke privs - thereby directly benefiting his own account with the Duke account...a violation of the rules as it is in a way direct interaction.

2. After the hostile takeover, things immediately went south as members rebelled...so this person disbanded the tribe.

A support ticket was filed....it was found to be a breach of rules and the person was banned.

DeletedUser

Angacam, you're actually incorrect. I will give you an example, but because it's not legal to discuss an actual support ticket I will not provide the details.

In a tribe I was once in...the Duke gave his account sit to someone...now that person was trusted and had been there for a long time...it wasn't some random person. The account sitter:

1. Used the Duke account to give himself Duke privs - thereby directly benefiting his own account with the Duke account...a violation of the rules as it is in a way direct interaction.

2. After the hostile takeover, things immediately went south as members rebelled...so this person disbanded the tribe.

A support ticket was filed....it was found to be a breach of rules and the person was banned.

I am sure there were OTHER things done then along with what you are saying.
The quotes below are the MODERATOR responses to the following thread on this very subject.
http://forum.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?t=184016

We won't take any action against sitters that disband the tribe.
Good. lol

I only brought it here because it was stated in the thread I linked by a respected poster that the mods have changed their stance to this tactic. Further, the player who disbanded two tribes was unexpectedly deleted after the thread was made.
Our stance has always been the same in regards to this. The player that was deleted probably did it themselves, or for being banned because of another issue.
A tribe is not an account.

So, a sitter disbanding a tribe receives no action. Thing is this, when a person makes the decision to pull these lil tricks they have to walk a fine line. Any action other than simply disbandment could place the sitter in jeopardy, for example: If while sitting before or after the disbandment they set any demos or builds, move any troops, delete any mails, or anything else that the mods can see and agree to as "account related" then the sitter is in danger of punitive actions.

So, to all the other evil ones out there, jump in delete the forums, pass the account, new sitter dissband, pass the account new sitter drop sit. Nothing illegal done there at all.

DO NOT muck about with anything account related. don't send mails, don,t set builds, don't move troops. if you want info from the account copy and paste it to word, dont use the mails.

Nothing illegal done there.

Pepper871

Hey Traxion nice to see you still around the forums, and that example wouldnt be from w36 would it?

DeletedUser

I've had this done before. It may seem wrong. But hell just nuke the player that did it once its done. Just because someone disbanded your tribe doesn't mean you give up. Sometimes makes things more interesting :icon_cool:

DeletedUser

From what I understand of the account sitting rules, it would be using the dukes account to promote himself that was the breach in rules, not the disbanding of the tribe.

(However, I disagree with even that being against the rules, if that is the case.)

So, in reality, your example proves nothing against this situation since the circumstances(and the probable reason for punishment) are different.

DeletedUser79108

If you somehow get duke powers, whether through being promoted, account sitting or whatever. If the tribe gets disbanded it's their fault. If they didn't promote or get you to account sit them none of this would have happened. When I was the duke of the tribe the one time I bothered to get someone to account sit me, I personally removed all my privs so that the sitter couldn't abuse them. Some may think I'm over cautious but I read all the funny mail and the amount of disbanded tribes there are, make me cautious.

DeletedUser

if your tribe gets disbanded because your stupid anouth to set an acount sitter you dont nessesarily know then its your own fault.
Disbanding a tribe through this method no matter how imoral it is is not against the rules. if i were presented with an opertunity to disband a tribe if i were loosing a war i would do so but as a last resort...if this gives you the advantage through causing panik then hell go for it. my point is its a perfectly valid tactic as hated as it may be. If you are sitting a duke acount or similar you are well within your rites do as you wish to a tribe be it disbanding/banning/forum deleting or recruiting etc etc

Promoting yourself through a sat acount to the best of my knowledge is not illigal (correct me if im wrong) as it does not benefit your villages/acount directly. i would like to say at this point that i am not promoting/encouraging this act in any way.
However if you were to use the sat acounts troops for the benefit of your village that would be a punishable offence as it effects your villages/acount directly (meaning your villages benefit from someone elses work) (again correct me if i am wrong)

As for mails, again to the best of my knowledge reading/sending and/or storing from a sat acount is not against the rules.
if you do not want your mails read i sugest you save them to a word document or similar. again if a sitter can gain advantage in a war/skirmish through this method it will be done and to the best of my knowledge is not punishable as it has no direct effect to your acount.

so basicaly Doing anything with a sat acount to benefit you acount/villas directly e.g support(which may i add is not possible since the makers of the game have disabled the ability to support yourself via acount sitting) is a punishable offence as it benefits the player directly.

If ive missed anything out (which im sure i have) then please add to it:)

Hamer The Nail

If you somehow get duke powers, whether through being promoted, account sitting or whatever. If the tribe gets disbanded it's their fault. If they didn't promote or get you to account sit them none of this would have happened. When I was the duke of the tribe the one time I bothered to get someone to account sit me, I personally removed all my privs so that the sitter couldn't abuse them. Some may think I'm over cautious but I read all the funny mail and the amount of disbanded tribes there are, make me cautious.

OMG NECRO!!!!!!1shift_1

DeletedUser

Oh for god's sake! Let it freeking go! It is not illegal, so just let it go!