Discrimination

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I would just like to point out how dicriminatory the new building in worlds 29 and 30 is.. i am talking about the church.. this is a really bad decision to put a church in the village as we all know which religion it depends to.. there are many many other religions and a lot of players dont belong to chatolic church.. and i believe this brings discrimination in this game.. i am disappointed.. i dont want to say chatolic church is bad, but not all players go to church, but maybe to mosque etc. but as i said, jut my point of view..

Nauzhror

I would just like to point out how dicriminatory the new building in worlds 29 and 30 is.. i am talking about the church.. this is a really bad decision to put a church in the village as we all know which religion it depends to.. there are many many other religions and a lot of players dont belong to chatolic church.. and i believe this brings discrimination in this game.. i am disappointed.. i dont want to say chatolic church is bad, but not all players go to church, but maybe to mosque etc. but as i said, jut my point of view..

This has been went over repeatedly.

1. Churches are in 30 only, not 29.

2. This game is set in medieval Europe, where the primary religion at the time was Christianity.

3. It's a game, do you expect RPG's to allow you to pick your character's religion as well and have all the names and terms applying to their religion change? I don't, it's a ridiculous expectation.

DeletedUser

i was just poiting out my opinion.. shouldnt i?? well if the main religion in mediviel Europe is christianity, than we all have to watch churches in the game.. you cannot say, it isnt discriminatory.. i dont know, why you have to put religion in the game.. there can be libraby for example, school, inn ... so dont argue with me about it..

DeletedUser

Anja, Is that you from our 1st home HB_SoT? :| K12. W11?! :|

DeletedUser

kebabeeeee... of course it is I :))) HB for ever.. we brought it back you know ;))) but most old players left :(( missing you!!

kebabe, how do you feel about this church thing?? i know you dont go there..

Nauzhror

i was just poiting out my opinion.. shouldnt i?? well if the main religion in mediviel Europe is christianity, than we all have to watch churches in the game.. you cannot say, it isnt discriminatory.. i dont know, why you have to put religion in the game.. there can be libraby for example, school, inn ... so dont argue with me about it..

Expecting you to be able to state your opinion without other being able to state their own counter-opinions is ludicrous. A church would be a large part of a war in medieval Europe, I don't find staying true to the era to be discriminatory in the slightest. For what it's worth I am not a Christian, in fact I'm an athiest so I'm certainly not only okay with it because it's my own religion.

DeletedUser

It's a game.

If you are to bring alleged discrimination into it then, really, Get a life.

DeletedUser

It would be really…hmm...weird if there was a Mosque in the middle of a Middle Age German village o_O

DeletedUser

Ha ha, you're funny... :icon_rolleyes:

Saying that by following history, Tribal Wars is being discriminatory is a joke. Good word... Where to start at picking apart your wretchedly ignorant post.

Well... We'll start here.

Tribal Wars Main Page said:
Tribal Wars
Tribal Wars is a browser-based game set in the Middle Ages. Every player controls a small village, striving for power and glory.

Do you complain that Guitar Hero contains only rock music, and has no country music? No, of course not. Saying that a game is discriminatory because it follows history is so foolish it is not even funny.

In the middle ages... Well, for one thing, nobody CARED about political correctness in the middle ages... You could be christian, or you could die. Period... I mean, look at the Crusades? :icon_redface: A game taking place in the middle ages and putting a MOSQUE in the middle of their village would be downright stupid.

Yes! To be politically correct would be downright imbecilic.

I am sorry, your parents must have sheltered you when you were a mere sapling, because, last I checked, history is discriminatory. Have you even opened a history book before? Have a few examples. I'll let you look them up for yourself...

Galileo, American Colonization, Age of Exploration, World War II, The Crusades... Need I go on?

History is not pretty, history is not gumdrops and rainbows. Get over it. If history offends you then live your life as an ignorant fool. In the meantime I'll be playing a historically accurate game.

Friskiestspoon

ha ha, you're funny... :icon_rolleyes:

Saying that by following history, tribal wars is being discriminatory is a joke. Good word... Where to start at picking apart your wretchedly ignorant post.

Well... We'll start here.

Do you complain that guitar hero contains only rock music, and has no country music? No, of course not. Saying that a game is discriminatory because it follows history is so foolish it is not even funny.

In the middle ages... Well, for one thing, nobody cared about political correctness in the middle ages... You could be christian, or you could die. Period... I mean, look at the crusades? :icon_redface: A game taking place in the middle ages and putting a mosque in the middle of their village would be downright stupid.

Yes! To be politically correct would be downright imbecilic.

I am sorry, your parents must have sheltered you when you were a mere sapling, because, last i checked, history is discriminatory. Have you even opened a history book before? Have a few examples. I'll let you look them up for yourself...

Galileo, american colonization, age of exploration, world war ii, the crusades... Need i go on?

History is not pretty, history is not gumdrops and rainbows. Get over it. If history offends you then live your life as an ignorant fool. In the meantime i'll be playing a historically accurate game.

qft

Status
Not open for further replies.