Discussion: Attack breaks (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser656

Hi everyone,

Following feedback we've decided to make a slight change to how the attack break will work this year.

The previously announced break will still be in effect. However, this break only affects attacks that arrive during the break periods. We will now also have two time periods where attacks cannot be sent. The details are as follows:

Christmas attack breaks

From 00:00 on the 24th of December to 00:00 on the 27th of December, any attacks that arrive at villages will turn into visits. They will not do any damage.

From 18:00 on the 24th of December to 06:00 on the 26th of December, you will be prevented from sending any attacks.

xmas.png

New year's attack break

From 00:00 on the 31st of December to 00:00 on the 2nd of January, any attacks that arrive at villages will turn into visits. They will not do any damage.

From 10:00 on the 31st of December to 10:00 on the 1st of January, you will be prevented from sending any attacks.

ny.png

--------------------------------------------------------------

Note that attacks that are sent during the break will hit as normal if they arrive once the break has ended.

Thanks,

Morthy
Community Manager

Psihic

Just out of curiosity. Why did you disable the possibility of sending attacks that land during the break if they wouldnt make any damage ? Just sounds like work for nothing or did I miss a point here ?

DeletedUser

Just out of curiosity. Why did you disable the possibility of sending attacks that land during the break if they wouldnt make any damage ? Just sounds like work for nothing or did I miss a point here ?

Saves people from sitting at the dinner table eating Christmas dinner tagging attacks sent.

OTDDeathAwaits

The reason for it psi is because attacks that are sent in that timeframe can still land outside the 'visiting' period - so enter... 'the cannot send attacks period'

DeletedUser

to get you off the bloody pc and to enjoy xmas with your family psihic, why else mate..

DeletedUser96051

This assumes that everyone celebrates Christmas and new year.

Seeing as Christmas is a Christian Festival and the Chinese and others have different new years and that this is a WORLD server surely it is unfair to make a pause for just Christmas and New Year whilst showing no respect or breaks to other culture and faiths?

I see this as being a little prejudice, faith and culture specific.

If you are going to respect traditional and religious holidays and celebrations you must show respect to ALL faiths and cultures or non at all. Otherwise you are prejudice

DeletedUser83060

It is so people cannot launch short range Ops and have the landing time set for just after the attack breaks end.

DeletedUser656

Seeing as Christmas is a Christian Festival and the Chinese and others have different new years and that this is a WORLD server surely it is unfair to make a pause for just Christmas and New Year whilst showing no respect or breaks to other culture and faiths?

If you are going to respect traditional and religious holidays and celebrations you must show respect to ALL faiths and cultures or non at all. Otherwise you are prejudice

We support the holiday the majority of our customers celebrate. I'm afraid you are in the minority, sorry.

DeletedUser

I will direct you to the discussion threads on this issue last year, and the year before that, and the year before that, in which they were discussed at length, if you are actually interested in the answer and aren't just trolling.

DeletedUser96051

I will direct you to the discussion threads on this issue last year, and the year before that, and the year before that, in which they were discussed at length, if you are actually interested in the answer and aren't just trolling.

It is something I feel strongly about. I wasn't aware that the issue had been previously discussed, Thankyou for brining that to my attention

DeletedUser

The sheer amount of people that celebrate Christmas is reason enough for the break.

Google: said:
1/3 of the people on the entire planet celebrate Christmas

Either way I'm glad that people will be able to now get a proper break over Xmas....

So Happy Holidays :)

DeletedUser

Thanks for listening to us :)

Psihic,

Launching attacks that still land during that time period would make the server have to back calculate the blocked launch times, as opposed to simply blocking any sending during a specific time. I bet its simply less server intensive than having to block specific attacks.

If you missed this aspect, I'll just clarify. The point of the attack break is to allow players to actually take a break. Plenty of attacks take longer than 24 hours though. Launching on the 25th to land on the 27th would mean players would still have to hang around and tag incomings, defeating the entire purpose of the break.

Psihic

I missunderstood. I thought it was that you can not send only attacks that land during the break but CAN send the attacks that would land after the break. Makes sense now. And I like it too.

DeletedUser

The sheer amount of people that celebrate Christmas is reason enough for the break.

Also, since the language of the server is english, the % of english speaking people that are christian probably increases dramatically (couldn't find the specific number).

DeletedUser

doesn't make much diff to me so it's fine

but out of courisoti what happens if you scout someone?

DeletedUser

EDITED: Removing this, as TW Staff has already responded to the Grinch.

DeletedUser

Excellent work on the new world guys and ladies! It is beautiful!

But I do need to ask- how will this break affect my farming barbs/bonus vills?
I understand the break for attacking/farming other players- but if I have the time to get resources and grow- I want to take advantage of that.

My respect,
Ted

DeletedUser656

Excellent work on the new world guys and ladies! It is beautiful!

But I do need to ask- how will this break affect my farming barbs/bonus vills?
I understand the break for attacking/farming other players- but if I have the time to get resources and grow- I want to take advantage of that.

My respect,
Ted

Attacks on barbarians will not hit either. This is to prevent players feeling the need to farm over the break in order to not be at a disadvantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.