Discussion: Capture the Crests

DeletedUser

Here is one simple problem with this event:

I have a big account on the rim, lots of villages in 5 rim continents, my center of power is considered only one of my villages and I have a maximum of 10 good targets (Good time range) to send champions and they are usually out of crests ...

On the other hand because I am on 5 continents, I am on list of hundreds of people in a good range, so it doesn't matter how hard I try, as soon as I get 1 crest tens of people send champs to me and I lose the crest very soon!

I even tried to keep all champs in home to defend, but seems it didn't have any affect, still most of the incoming succeed to take my crests!

The only options for me will be to send champions out to land on last minutes of tourney and finish with 2 or 3 crests ...!

DeletedUser

The time taken should be changed so it's calculated from your closest village to it, not from the 1 it has decided you should use. Since having more villages doesn't increase the amount of champions you can have, currently the more villages people have the more disadvantaged they are compared to people with less.

DeletedUser

When is the result calculated? I see the "Challenge duration" entry, which tells when the challenger champion returns home. But how does this relate to the actual outcome?
It can make a big difference, as the "Defense chance" varies steeply with the amount of defenders. Does their presence count when the challenge is launched, or ended, or in between??

The help provided for this new feature is pityfully poor in important details, unfortunately.

Jorakae

When is the result calculated? I see the "Challenge duration" entry, which tells when the challenger champion returns home. But how does this relate to the actual outcome?
It can make a big difference, as the "Defense chance" varies steeply with the amount of defenders. Does their presence count when the challenge is launched, or ended, or in between??

The help provided for this new feature is pityfully poor in important details, unfortunately.

It would be nice if this one was answered.

twenty-five

The time taken should be changed so it's calculated from your closest village to it, not from the 1 it has decided you should use. Since having more villages doesn't increase the amount of champions you can have, currently the more villages people have the more disadvantaged they are compared to people with less.

Yeah I came here to post something like this, but I'm thinking this might be intentional? Maybe it was to try and stop bigger people using this to gain more of an advantage. Not sure I agree with doing that but I can see some logic there :/

If it wasn't made like that for this (or similar) reason, then it does seem particularly poorly thought out.

This is something you should be able to answer yourself from observation. :/

The answer seems to be when the challenge hits.

DeletedUser116830

Here is one simple problem with this event:

I have a big account on the rim, lots of villages in 5 rim continents, my center of power is considered only one of my villages and I have a maximum of 10 good targets (Good time range) to send champions and they are usually out of crests ...

On the other hand because I am on 5 continents, I am on list of hundreds of people in a good range, so it doesn't matter how hard I try, as soon as I get 1 crest tens of people send champs to me and I lose the crest very soon!

I even tried to keep all champs in home to defend, but seems it didn't have any affect, still most of the incoming succeed to take my crests!

The only options for me will be to send champions out to land on last minutes of tourney and finish with 2 or 3 crests ...!

im with you on this while im not a big player i have left several newbie players on the rim alone to give them a chance to learn about the game rather than clear and farm them soon as they appeared unfortunately in this event one can attack me every 7 min while the other two players are 10 and 11 min all 3 are over 16 hours for me to attack them back

what this means is all 3 of those players will not be around for the second round all im waiting for is my nukes to come home from a mission in about 24 hours and maybe in round 2 i will get a chance to hold onto some of my crests for more than 10 min

DeletedUser

Its not completely luck, apply your brains, im not giving away anything

DeletedUser

Yeah I came here to post something like this, but I'm thinking this might be intentional? Maybe it was to try and stop bigger people using this to gain more of an advantage. Not sure I agree with doing that but I can see some logic there :/

If it wasn't made like that for this (or similar) reason, then it does seem particularly poorly thought out.

Larger players are still at a disadvantage if distance is calculated from their closest village, as they only have a limited number of champions, and the people in range is way higher than that number. They just wouldn't be susceptible to any 1 player 10 minutes away from one village being able to take all their crests whilst being 2 hours away from retaliation.

Edit: Alternatively, just calculate it power-center to power-center.

DeletedUser

This does seem to be an identified issue, however it wont be changed for this event. Thanks for the feedback, it will be considered for any future similar events.

The result is calculated when it hits.
"Challenge Duration" - If you hover your mouse on the 'i' here you will see a pop up box explaining what this time represents.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser116830

Its not completely luck, apply your brains, im not giving away anything

please give away some thing ......

this was the last 5 attacks on me with 8 champions at home and i lost 2 locked crests

DeletedUser

"Challenge Duration" - If you hover your mouse on the 'i' here you will see a pop up box explaining what this time represents.

It does not explain that at all - it only tells how it is calculated (i.e. what distance it is based on).
But what does it represent? Is that a one-way travel (from launch to hit) or round-trip?

DeletedUser

It does not explain that at all - it only tells how it is calculated (i.e. what distance it is based on).
But what does it represent? Is that a one-way travel (from launch to hit) or round-trip?

Part of the fun of these events is intended to be working some things out by yourself using trial and error and observation.

You should notice however that the time listed under "challenge duration" matches the time as displayed in the "Time Left" column alongside the challenger/defender. When the time is expired you should receive a report indicating the result. There is no return time - the challenge time simply represents the duration of the challenge - at which point the result is indicated in a report.

oscar.soiza

well maybe if you made an event that wasnt desined in a max of 20 min, then maybe you could make things a little more intresting.

For example (and i know its a drastic comparison), Call of Duty Zombies - at first site your just killing zombies to stay alive as long as you possibaly can, it isnt until later you find out about the steps to complete the easter eggs, using RL knowledge such as binary or hexadecimal basic encryptions, piano layouts etc to archive your perks to enhance you game play.

Pehaps if your going to create an event that quote
Part of the fun of these events is intended to be working some things out by yourself using trial and error and observation.
you should put a bit more thought and time into them, to get a 'Ah nice!' reaction out of them.

Most of these events are all lame and pointless, personally I'd recommend either making them a lot more complex or just give up altogether.

DeletedUser

this was the last 5 attacks on me with 8 champions at home and i lost 2 locked crests

Well, this would occur with roughly 9% probability - not exceedingly unlikely, is it. You'd also have 1.1% chance of losing 3 out of 5 - now that would've been unlucky.

DeletedUser94879

well, that was fun while it lasted. Now that there are only 6 players with crests on those 15 pages, it's useless to attack them again as one makes no progress in the challenge. The only way to attack new players(and thus progress) is to go to villages beyond the 15 pages supplied and spend too much time even finding ourt if they have a crest or not.....

DeletedUser

well maybe if you made an event that wasnt desined in a max of 20 min, then maybe you could make things a little more intresting.

For example (and i know its a drastic comparison), Call of Duty Zombies - at first site your just killing zombies to stay alive as long as you possibaly can, it isnt until later you find out about the steps to complete the easter eggs, using RL knowledge such as binary or hexadecimal basic encryptions, piano layouts etc to archive your perks to enhance you game play.

Pehaps if your going to create an event that quote you should put a bit more thought and time into them, to get a 'Ah nice!' reaction out of them.

Most of these events are all lame and pointless, personally I'd recommend either making them a lot more complex or just give up altogether.

DO you have suggestions? or just rants to offer?

This game is much better than others, I like not having to waste my own troops. I don't like the timings, but they are aware of that. I don't like how I have 81% chance to defend and still lose 75% of the time.. Idk whats up with that, but whatever.

DeletedUser

This is by far one of the best events that i've come across in this game, if people actually used their brains and thought about it rather than just coming here and complaining then they'd figure it out. It's really not that hard an event to figure out, damn. There is some strategy to it, you just need to give it more than 5 minutes worth of your time before coming here.

You get free buffs, don't waste any of your troops, and don't have to spend resources. Just put some brain power towards it.

DeletedUser116830

Well, this would occur with roughly 9% probability - not exceedingly unlikely, is it. You'd also have 1.1% chance of losing 3 out of 5 - now that would've been unlucky.

look again i lost 5 out of 5 attacks and to add insult to injury i lost 2 locked crests that have an additional 80% chance of not being stolen

FYI chance to defend with 8 champions is 89%

DeletedUser

This is hands down the worst event they have ever created.

There is literally nothing a larger player can do to actually get ahead in crests.

I have 3 players with crests within 1 hour, maybe 6 within 2 hours. Meanwhile 10 times as many players are within 1 hour of crests against me.
This dumb event is massively skewed in favor of smaller players, since everybody gets the same number of champions.

I get challenged so often that no matter what my strategy is, I cannot succeed. Leave champs at home? Lose, send out champs? Lose, some mix? lose. Lock crests? lose
Frankly I'm pissed I wasted premium to lock a few crests at the start. Since they were rapidly stolen by the never ending waves of challenges.

This is the worst design to an event they have ever came up with.

chanevr

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
This is hands down the worst event they have ever created.

There is literally nothing a larger player can do to actually get ahead in crests.

I have 3 players with crests within 1 hour, maybe 6 within 2 hours. Meanwhile 10 times as many players are within 1 hour of crests against me.
This dumb event is massively skewed in favor of smaller players, since everybody gets the same number of champions.

I get challenged so often that no matter what my strategy is, I cannot succeed. Leave champs at home? Lose, send out champs? Lose, some mix? lose. Lock crests? lose
Frankly I'm pissed I wasted premium to lock a few crests at the start. Since they were rapidly stolen by the never ending waves of challenges.

This is the worst design to an event they have ever came up with.

I must strongly disagree... I like this challenge even more than the game itself. I wish I could have a crest stealing game to play permanently. LOL. Its fun man... you even steal from your own friends...LOL. Its like raiding their fridge for cold beer while they are in the pool. Heheheheh.

My only sadness is that I will not be here to end the tourney tonight. So I will end with no crests for certain. And I wont be around to benefit from the extra 2 to start off with at the next round. There are a few tourneys so hopefully I will have an extra 4 for the thrid one.

I just think you should get a extra credit for every crest you loose as well. So not only for a failed challenge. It is actually a failed challenge and a positive outcome will make the spirit feel a bit better.

That is what i wish to know... do you start with and extra 2 every round. So it is 5 and then 7 and then 9 champions if you end without crests every round?