Discussion: Holiday attack breaks and support unavailability

DeletedUser

Why the hell would you noble 13 days away? (rofl)

I was trying to escape the area of a tribe that is dominating half of the map. They are taking all of the villages of my tribe (each of their tribe's members has more points than my entire tribe combined). As my tribe members get taken, they are restarting on the other side of the map, and I was hoping to get a good village near them before I get completely taken over (I didn't want to build up from scratch again).

I didn't know about the holiday thing until the message came out, and by then it was far too late to recall my noble train.

Asylum Escapee

in all fairness, this has been happening every year for 9-10 years now.

DeletedUser

in all fairness, this has been happening every year for 9-10 years now.

So, your saying that because someone is new, and then it's O.K. for them to be screwed over in this way?

A rather simple solution would be to send out their "Holiday Attack Break" message earlier. Say a full 2 or 3 weeks before it starts. That way everyone knows it's coming, even the new people.

It hit me pretty hard, 13 days each way, wasted. If I had known about the attack break, I would have waited a couple of days to send them, so that they landed after the attack break.

oscar.soiza

dude, your a noob, it doesnt really effect you... your gonna get eaten up either way.

The thing that really grinds my gears is.... NO GOD DAM FARMING :'(

THis has been around sooooo long its pretty much a rule of the game!!! TW is a game that supports your real life and understands this is a time of being with your family.

Your getting effected by a waste of 26 days, im missing out on some mad farming of up to 300mill res!! this could go a LOONGGGG way towards coins :(

HorseSoldier

I like the holiday attack break. It is a nice TW tradition.

But...

I don't think the 26th of December should be included. Most places of business get back to work on that day.

DeletedUser656

I like the holiday attack break. It is a nice TW tradition.

But...

I don't think the 26th of December should be included. Most places of business get back to work on that day.

This is the international version, so the customs for your country may not be the same as other players.

tribetech

Attack break is stupid

I am very ticked off at this revelation, as I am still a beginner and my primary way to make resources is now gone as my beginner's shield ticks down.

Thank you for screwing me over.

chanevr

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I am very ticked off at this revelation, as I am still a beginner and my primary way to make resources is now gone as my beginner's shield ticks down.

Thank you for screwing me over.

Yeah that can be a problem. But the positive is that you can take a break and restart and use the beginners shield to carry you over the period between the 27th and the 31st. That can give you a nice benefit of 2 extra shield days plus night bonus still active on the 2nd Jan. I reckon next year I will start a world at a time to make sure I hit the attack break as extended shield over the 24th to 26th. That can actually be quite nice.

DeletedUser

As always such wonderful Christmas Spirit :D

Hope everyone manages to take advantage of the attack break and enjoy the holidays.
Best Wishes to everyone for Christmas and the New Year.
If anyone gets too bored, being unable to attack, they could always have a bit of fun entering the
cosplay competition ! :D

Happy Holidays Everyone <3

DeletedUser117114

STUPID TW!!! Just f-ing stupid!

I can see not allowing players to attack other players, but not allowing farming is just dumb. If you allowed farming, this would allow people who are struggling to rebuild during the attack break. Like most of your lame brain ideas. Just dumb!

True GOAT

It doesn't allow farming so people aren't disadvantaged by not farming. In fact think about said break before it starts and build your mines up in preparation and coast it easily. I swear tribalwars players suck at using tribalwars settings to help them.

DeletedUser110019

when will support tickets start be to dealt with again o_O