Discussion: Start of World 58 and a no hauls HP world

Shadryk 01

If the polling data shows that 25% like churches & the same number don't care, you gotta have an occasional church world. Forum posters do not represent the consensus opinion. If TW data shows that church worlds burn more premium points than non-church worlds, that is important.

There are a growing number of gaming options for all of us, which means fewer players for each game, including TW. TW needs to make money. With less money, you lose the dev time, paid admin support, and eventually the game itself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The HP settings sound pretty cool. I like the no-hauls & the 1-noble packet (if I understand it correctly.)

DeletedUser

That's not entirely an accurate dissection of the facts. Of course older worlds have less premium user, they've been picking one another off. I hope you're familiar with the concept of a pvp.

Well when I explained the same thing based on what morthy had said already in the thread, I get annoyed when people still insist I'm making up the facts i'm using. I'd just like people to read a thread before posting in it, or don't try to call out my fact source.

DeletedUser

Well in a day and age when the forum's polluted with spam, you better get used to it. :icon_razz:

My original point though had nothing do with churches, like the fake limit, they're annoying, but i don't see them as a strategical dumbing down for new players.

DeletedUser100750

I know I'm going to get flamed for this...... I kinda don't mind churches.

DeletedUser94483

eh...they just had a church world....what in the world....come on guys...do a world with no attack gap

DeletedUser

IDEA: How about we go back to what used to happen?

Open two worlds at once:

World #1​
Normal world. No archers, No churches. Pally (Maybe).

World #2​
Newer world. Archers, churches, pally with new weapons.

That makes everyone happy :)

DeletedUser37825

no church, no arcehers, fake limits yes!, no bonus villages, barbariant grow up to 1000 points, morale yes, no 1:20 for first 60 days - they I will buy premuim :D

DeletedUser

gah cant we have a 2.0 unit and troop speed i love those worlds i havent seen one in a while

Fireprincess59

I have played every world setting to multiple villages and I must say I hate churches and refuse to participate on a world without them. Do you know why? Because I don't play with premium. This does look bad, because it's a free game, but I'm a college student who cannot get a job in the current economy. Of course, I do pay Innogames, I just don't do it with my pocket money. The sheer amount of times I have to click playing TW, refreshing the page, going to different sections, so on and so forth refreshes those ads. Which gets them money per view. Add onto that the /hours/ I used to play TW, and you have a lot of money from ads. I also vote for them when competitions come up in which they are competing in.

Churches makes it almost impossible for me to play a world without paying premium. Which is why church worlds have the highest percentage of premium players. But how many players are on church worlds?

If InnoGames wanted, they could make all the worlds church worlds. And they would have a HUGE percentage of premium players, because that was the ONLY way to play those worlds!

But they would lose 50% of their playing community.

Curches take too much time and investment. While I enjoy clustering in a game and it makes my defense system even more effective for it and my offense even better, I dislike the area of influence the churches have vs their population use. Also, I'm an atheist. >> And it's highly offensive to think my people /have/ to be Christian/Catholic/A church-goer.

But either way. I'm not going to be playing this world regardless. The settings are terrible for my play style and I hate everything about it. x3 (I'm a fan of the older worlds. W16 was the best, imo.)

On the other hand, if you're going to disregard the forum for your game as being important, you're going to lose your only feedback. And then your game cannot grow. And your game will fail. Do you know why? Because you'll start catering to your pocket books instead of your players. The product that sells the most makes the most money. You can't sell what people don't want.

And why the hell does the high performance world have no hauls? ._. I was going to join that as well. But no hauls is retarded. For those of you who say it levels the playing field, how hard is it to get ONE person to log in on the other side of the world and help you play? You're on the internet for goodness sakes. And I built my nation up on W16 to a size good enough for me and a size good enough to support my tribe /on my own/. I almost NEVER set an account sitter. And I only lost one village. Why did I lose that village? It was a cross-nobling with another tribe that I let slide because I didn't clear it. And W16 was the first world I joined, too. >> So. No. I didn't manage that because I was epic.

Games are meant to be fun, yes. But if you want a casual-play game, you can't pick a PvP game to do that in. ._. Because PvP is designed to induce competition. Competition creates violence and promotes growth. Catering to casual players in competetive games is always going to be the downfall of the game. (LoL has that problem. I've been playing for months and they cater to the casual player by making often-played champs OP and making under-played champs UP.)

A humble player

I have played every world setting to multiple villages and I must say I hate churches and refuse to participate on a world without them. Do you know why? Because I don't play with premium. This does look bad, because it's a free game, but I'm a college student who cannot get a job in the current economy. Of course, I do pay Innogames, I just don't do it with my pocket money. The sheer amount of times I have to click playing TW, refreshing the page, going to different sections, so on and so forth refreshes those ads. Which gets them money per view. Add onto that the /hours/ I used to play TW, and you have a lot of money from ads. I also vote for them when competitions come up in which they are competing in.
Tw uses google adsense, which is PPC (pay per click), you haven't given them a dime.
Churches makes it almost impossible for me to play a world without paying premium. Which is why church worlds have the highest percentage of premium players. But how many players are on church worlds?
Ive played church to a few mil (and I was rank one in the process), with premium for some of the time, without for others. It isn't required.
If InnoGames wanted, they could make all the worlds church worlds. And they would have a HUGE percentage of premium players, because that was the ONLY way to play those worlds!
Your point? actually, it isn't really there, as prem isn't necessary to play church, it is simply easier to play church with prem (oh wait, it is easier to play non-church with prem too).
But they would lose 50% of their playing community.
Believe that
Curches take too much time and investment. While I enjoy clustering in a game and it makes my defense system even more effective for it and my offense even better, I dislike the area of influence the churches have vs their population use. Also, I'm an atheist. >> And it's highly offensive to think my people /have/ to be Christian/Catholic/A church-goer.
I'm jewish, it isn't
But either way. I'm not going to be playing this world regardless. The settings are terrible for my play style and I hate everything about it. x3 (I'm a fan of the older worlds. W16 was the best, imo.)
And lemme guess, like everyone else who played w1-w25, you want settings that match, exactly, the first world you played on.
On the other hand, if you're going to disregard the forum for your game as being important, you're going to lose your only feedback. And then your game cannot grow. And your game will fail. Do you know why? Because you'll start catering to your pocket books instead of your players. The product that sells the most makes the most money. You can't sell what people don't want.
I seem to remember multiple in game surveys (hey look, other feedback) saying that forum populations are about the exact opposite of the average player.
And why the hell does the high performance world have no hauls? ._. I was going to join that as well. But no hauls is retarded. For those of you who say it levels the playing field, how hard is it to get ONE person to log in on the other side of the world and help you play? You're on the internet for goodness sakes. And I built my nation up on W16 to a size good enough for me and a size good enough to support my tribe /on my own/. I almost NEVER set an account sitter. And I only lost one village. Why did I lose that village? It was a cross-nobling with another tribe that I let slide because I didn't clear it. And W16 was the first world I joined, too. >> So. No. I didn't manage that because I was epic.
no hauls was created to require less activity and is to the point of making prem unnecessary, how on earth can you be disappointed with church and no hauls :icon_eek:
Games are meant to be fun, yes. But if you want a casual-play game, you can't pick a PvP game to do that in. ._. Because PvP is designed to induce competition. Competition creates violence and promotes growth. Catering to casual players in competetive games is always going to be the downfall of the game. (LoL has that problem. I've been playing for months and they cater to the casual player by making often-played champs OP and making under-played champs UP.)
Apparently a multi million dollar company, which has much more experience designing and marketing PvP games than you (unless of course you personify jagex, ijji, or another multimillion dollar game marketing company) disagrees.

DeletedUser101360

My favorite settings are no archers, no churches, pally with weapons, no fake limit, 100 ms attack support gap, BP 3 days, can choose starting direction, scouts can see units away from village, package or gold coin does not matter much to me, and obviously hauls enabled :D oh joy

DeletedUser

Also, I'm an atheist. >> And it's highly offensive to think my people /have/ to be Christian/Catholic/A church-goer.

Grow a skin :icon_rolleyes:

I'm also atheist, doesn't mean that I need to cut off every link to any kind of religion. Let me direct you to my good friend Justin :icon_wink:
As for those questioning why it's a Church rather than a Mosque or any other religious building, it's not from any sort of racism or religious bigotry. Just read the main pages. "Tribal Wars is a browser-based game set in the Middle Ages." The Middle Ages refers to a time period between the 5th and 15th century in Europe. At that point in history, Christianity was the leading religion in Europe. Calling it a Church in this game was Innogames just being historically accurate.

If you take offense to historical accuracy, i'm not sure what I can say around you without you taking offense. They cannot please everyone.

DeletedUser

I can cope with churches. Gives us noobs a chance to 'achieve' something in a world.
Sadly, I can only take one more world until W10 enters End Game and this time its going to be the HP one - no hauls 4x and single packet noble will be a challenge for the strategists. . . . and for the noobs that subscribe to the Farm Assistant ;-)

DeletedUser

I dunno why so many are cryin abou church worlds. All it is is another strategy option that u have to make sure that u r taking in to account as how your setting up your empire. I was a w35 dominator n was a rank #1 in oda because I could take advantage of all of u that didn't know how to play with them. I understand you lime to max your villas out but it's not like the second guy isn't handicapped as well. I could care less as it's just one more strategy option to deal with.

Kill em all n let god sort em out!