Discussion: Tribal Wars 8.2

DeletedUser

As i resident of the UK, i find trying to judge times an hour ahead too hurtful to my brain.....

I welcome the new settings with open arms :) Well done yet again guys you have excelled again xD

DeletedUser

Ugh, ST change... I can live with it but that means I need to change two settings just to get it back inline with ST again. Why-o-why did you have to go and change the ST when there are vastly MORE! older players who are already accustomed to what it already is. For those that don't want to calculate an hour ahead or behind, that's just laziness.

I mostly agree with the other updates and fully support the "request to join" feature to come :)

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Nice simple updates time is only relative it might be hard for the first couple of weeks to grasp but does it really matter to a player after all do you not just log in when you want no matter what the ST is anyway.

Love this update:

Call for troops feature now allows you to include or exclude certain unit types from selection.

Now all I need is the update for the market version to show resources being sent to the village I get carried away at times & also miss just what I sent when clicking away.

DeletedUser

The only way to captivate an audience for many many years, is by providing change. Sure there weren't a lot of life altering changes made in the newest update coming up, but if TW hadn't brought in things like the mass recruitment screen, or the overview build screens, worlds would still be faltering around the 2-3 year mark, instead of players carrying on, and actually ending them.

I'm a fan of the scripts opening up, the info on the maps, building overviews for fast wall rebuilding enmasse.. and many other things. I've also seen TW implement and keep things such as 'start in the center of your tribe' which only helps to ensure that newbs who join TW for the first time stay in the crappy tribe that didn't teach them, and got them rimmed. It also ensures the slow spread of the rim, which makes the rim even more and more challenging for any newbie player should they choose to go out there after being rimmed. Heck, I'm currently playing in W60(a relatively new world) and it looks pretty rough on the rim. Ofc not as rough as those poor little guys we are rimming that just appear back within farming range of us cuz their tribe center is so close :D

Not arguing that all change is bad.. but change just for the sake of change w/o thinking things through can be very bad. Like army camps. Never played on one of those worlds.. saw that fail comin from a mile off.

DeletedUser

That's a fairly narrowminded approach.

If games don't change, they grow stale, and people move on. The only way to captivate an audience for many many years, is by providing change. Sure there weren't a lot of life altering changes made in the newest update coming up, but if TW hadn't brought in things like the mass recruitment screen, or the overview build screens, worlds would still be faltering around the 2-3 year mark, instead of players carrying on, and actually ending them.

Yes you are exactly right!!!!!!!!!!!

But there are following changes which I would like them to happen in future if possible:

When ever we sent our troops to any village for support...........and after there requirement is finished there and now they are needed either to support some other village..........or for attacking a player..........they have to be called back at the main base............and then from there they can be moved as per our requirement.............If any change regarding movement of troops directly from the base they are stationed is incorporated..............then they will make this game more realistic and challenging.

DeletedUser

@AreYouKidden, yes, but why change the basic princible of the game? The secrets of wonder thing almost made me quit.. seriously? Yes worlds last for a long time but that's what makes tribal wars tribal wars. Updates are fine, but changing the point of the game is not cool.

DeletedUser101448

If you don't like the setting play a world without it?

DeletedUser93439

I don't particularly like the time change.. but guess what, we'll get used to it

DeletedUser

I love the time change. Only good thing that happened, it confused my like hell before.

Theres worlds without secrets of wonders?

DeletedUser

I don't particularly like the time change.. but guess what, we'll get used to it

Everyone will get used to it and stop complaining. Just like when they turned these externals upside down.

Marcus you play BETA right? They got this tribe invite thing on there? What's it like?

DeletedUser101448

I love the time change. Only good thing that happened, it confused my like hell before.

Theres worlds without secrets of wonders?

The announcement never said it'd be everywhere, so I don't think it will? If they will, I'll agree with you on it, as I don't quite agree with getting rid of the old fashioned "last tribe standing"(Or atleast, last tribe with a chance standing...) either, but I'm fine with it on some worlds, as it'd be a nice change of pace.

DruidEarth

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Since it will be moving the time back by an hour, that means we'll have some hour where the in-game time will happen twice (kinda like the end of daylight savings time, in case my wording didn't make sense). When will this be, and are players just going to have to cope the way we do with daylight savings time changes? If it happens exactly when the update happens, and therefore at different times on different worlds, that will mess with people even more. :p
Still curious.

DeletedUser95758

Ok... I feel like a change in server time would be confusing for a period. but i'm glad that this is happening.

DeletedUser

Not the time change pls :(

There r some really not usefull changes in new ver. but I woul like to have possibility to choose which troops should be use to farm with in farm assistant ;)

DeletedUser

What is the possibility of adding a Move option to the in game mail just like you have in the Reports.
Makes for easier archiving of mails into specifies folders rather than check marking one at a time.

DeletedUser

The accept/reject buttons on the tribe apps are in a different language

Don't like how it sends messages out about someone being accepted either, should be an option to toggle the messages on or off in the tribe properties.

DeletedUser

YEAH! A place to 'talk' with one of the team. It looks to me that over the 6-7 months I have played there have been some good updates. I still can't play the game on google chrome but I have Mozilla FF so I am fine with that problem. I have a really strange little problem on W 60. Buildings stop building and my queue stops running if I leave the game running until it times out and then comeback. All the other worlds just keep on plugging along like they should. This one doesn't even do it all the time. I have some suggestions that I will list. If this is the wrong place please forward them to the correct place.
1. Attacks should take longer than whatever fraction of a second they now take, In fact they should take about 10 minutes, during which time either side could send or have troops in transit arrive to join the battle. The results should be calculated based on all the units involved. There should also be a means of interdicting an attack somewhere along it's route of march, if the defender places a blocking force correctly in line or intersects the line of march within a certain margin of error.
2. Vils should have another level of protection -- say a moat -- that would be the ultimate defense and could not be built until the HQ was fully constructed and the wall was at least about 17-18. At that time and after the moat reaches level one the population of the vil could rise another 6000. All this would be very expensive in terms of say timber. The moat could rise to level 5. At Lev1 Defense would increase 20%, Lev2-40%, Lev3-60%, Lev4-80%, Lev5-100% plus an additional 50% for archers and mounted archers. The moat would require say 50 population per level to build/maintain.
3. Each player will get another Pali when he conquers 20 vils and an additional one every 30 vils. All Palis may use the weapons previously discovered but only those not already in use unless a second or third copy of that weapon has been found and only after the Pali has found at least one weapon.
4. All movement rates should be adjusted a bit for any attacks over an hour long: 10 fields/min -- all infantry, 25 fields /min -- light cav, 15 fields /min -- heavy cav, 25 fields /min -- mounted archers and 30fields/min -- scouts.
5.Introduction of gold and silver deposits in random locations on the map which must be found and fortified and held in order to get income from them. A certain amount of wealth would be required in addition to the resources in order to build buildings, etc.
I think these changes would make the game play more interesting and more difficult.