Discussion: Update to version 8.16

DeletedUser

Like everyone else said, get rid of the HUGE buttons... the are awful!

DeletedUser106579

Why are we doing this?
-to make playing the game more intuitive and easier to understand
-to reduce clutter and complexity
These changes are mainly intended to help get new players into the game. If you’re reading this, you’re probably already used to the way the game is at the moment, and may need a bit of time to adjust. Let us know what you think!

Seriously?!?

At the very least the new HQ layout is astonishingly bad. Cumbersome, ugly and clunky, with far too much scrolling required...

DeletedUser

I don't care about having to scroll. Now I can intuitively tell where things are that I can perform actions on, rather than having to know from memory. I think you guys might be underestimating how helpful this would be for newer players.

DeletedUser

I don't care about having to scroll. Now I can intuitively tell where things are that I can perform actions on, rather than having to know from memory. I think you guys might be underestimating how helpful this would be for newer players.

I know, the bold hyperlink that said "Upgrade to Level 8" must have been so hard to understand.

Now there's a picture of a hammer, so we know!

DeletedUser112990

Is TW catering to... perhaps 4 - 6yrs old that may have limited reading or cognitive ability that it must provide huge buttons to indicate where to click to do something? That may also explain so much unnecessary graphics as well to grab the kiddies attention and try to keep it for more than two minutes while driving away many old players.

Anyhow, I think I am going to be giving my thousands of premium points to a friend and dumping this game. I have been attempting to get used to the horrid layout without my beloved classic 6.5 look, and it is just intolerable as it is.

DeletedUser

On the scroll issue the one that really bugs me is yet again the recruiting screen where you sometimes can't see what you are currently recruiting while you are entering new recruit numbers without scrolling.

DeletedUser

Not gonna lie, I really hate the colors. I can live with everything else, even if it is uncomfortable, but the colors make me want to claw out my eyes. I don't know why, they just do.

DeletedUser

The buttons have a red border instead of black if focused, though this is currently quite hard to see.

Why not just keep the old buttons. They fit the style perfectly, and no one ever complained about it. What I hear now is only complains.
And yes, I do know what im talking about, since this is my job designing websites for people

DeletedUser

i like the new faster loading and i like this bit: http://prntscr.com/1uq20a

the rest is like a 4 year old was let loose with WordArt. i used to design stuff like this for a living and the most basic things are alignment, consistency of sizing/font and, above all, accommodating the smallest common screen size to minimize scrolling. on all of these things this release fails badly and it seems hard to credit that it has undergone any thought let alone testing. why pick this version to remove the option for loyal customers of many years to return the childish scribblings to what they actually want to see?

Erig

Its not the newer players that pay more for premium right? If that is so, then aggravating the veterans who pay for PP Features wont do Innogames well. Personally, I like the no page reload. And yes, as stated many times before, the buttons are not up to par. They make the screen look so cluttered and make me insane.

TG Smurf

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Why take out the classic layout :| If anything you should return to that

Y'know sometimes when you puke a little in your mouth. I did that when seeing these buttons
Could we just please return to how it was at the very least, even if i cant get classic back :icon_cry::icon_cry::icon_cry:

DeletedUser88502

One would think that after all this "feedback" a definite answer would be given if to whether or not they will give the option back to have the graphics the way they were before the update, if no is to be the answer then I suspect a lot of premium account users will stop paying for extra features when they can not even have the basic features they prefer myself included.

~Black

DeletedUser4587

I find the new buttons to be too large and jarring. They do not in any way match with the rest of the interface. either make the game all bubbly, annoying and clunky (like most other browser games) or don't do it at all. going half way is worst of all.

If you made the new buttons smaller and toned down the colors some, it would be a welcome improvement. Maybe match the style of the IG forum buttons?

I do appreciate that updating attack times won't update the page. that rocks. when my stuff is messed up by an updated page pissed me off.

(player and payer since 2006)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I agree with Laterus. Add those to the mobile app too, if you want consistency, cause the mobile app doesn't look very good right now either.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Buttons are way tooo big and don't integrate with the rest.

Seems the community's feedback is overwhelmingly clear on this. Please revert.

DeletedUser99939

I must say I don't like the update. Few issues I have noticed on my end 1 has already been addressed which would be the buttons. They're too bulky and makes me feel so uncomfortable when switching from hundreds of villages. Only thing I do like is from recruit page you can research via redirects you to smithy.

My other issue would have to be the noticable lag me and few of my tribemates noticed on w67 I could tell on w30 as well. When sending an attack its like you need to hit it like over a second 1/2 early to make it send on time. The lag I feel would even screw people up on snipes.

Just something to think about on the update. For future though it would be nice if inno could run an update vote preview or something past the players to see if they "actually" like it that way in game due to fact players aren't constantly watching here they're playing in the game. Not only does it save you time it saves your money developing the software.

Typhi

Also I just noticed when your construction queue is full it no longer gives you the "resources available" or the server time when they will be available.. Sucks!

Hi DD2014,

Agreed, that would suck.
If you already have enough resources, there will be a message telling you that the queue is full. If you don't, it will tell you when you will have enough resources available. (If you've encountered a situation where this isn't the case, please let us know, and we'll fix it ASAP!)