Discussion: Version 8.7

DeletedUser656

Dear Community,
Find below the changelog for Tribal Wars Version 8.7. A lot of the changes we've made this time are behind the scenes (you might hear more later!), but we've definitely got some nice improvements to show off! Besides the changes below, we also fixed about 25 bugs from previous versions.

World 64 will be updated on Monday the 17th, between 10:00 and 13:00.
All other worlds will be updated on Wednesday the 19th, between 10:00 and 13:00.

Mobile
While not yet fully complete, we have made some dramatic improvements to our mobile version for touch-enabled devices. The first wave of improvements will be released with 8.7, and we will be releasing an update to the iOS app in a couple of weeks. The mobile version is now:
- Slicker: way fewer menus cluttering up the display
- Easier: an updated approach to the challenge of mobile user interfaces
- Fancier: added some high-resolution and more mobile-screen friendly images

before / after image

Additionally, the mobile version is now available for non-premium players as well.
Keep an eye out and let us know what you think - we're going to continue improving in the next version.

Full-Screen Map
Want to take full advantage of your monitor? You'll be able to pop the map out of the restrictions of the tribal wars interface, and indeed beyond the browser itself with just a click of a button.

Just like the other map resizing options, this is one is only available for premium players.

Other
- Improved Farm Assistant resources estimate calculation
- Decommissioning is now shown in the Overviews
- Added confirmation box for mass-decommissioning
- Players who had already met requirements for quests that did not yet exist will now receive the quest as one would normally
- In some cases, newly registered players will now be sent directly into the world instead of needing to fill in their login details again
- Made some improvements to the name suggestion feature
- Updated resource graphics
- More confirmation boxes switched to new style
- Added auto-focus to "OK" button for trading resources

DeletedUser

I am quite happy of these new changes, especially the mobile version being playable for non-premium users.

A humble player

Dear Community,
Find below the changelog for Tribal Wars Version 8.7. A lot of the changes we've made this time are behind the scenes (you might hear more later!), but we've definitely got some nice improvements to show off! Besides the changes below, we also fixed about 25 bugs from previous versions.

World 64 will be updated on Monday the 17th, between 10:00 and 13:00.
All other worlds will be updated on Wednesday the 19th, between 10:00 and 13:00.

Mobile
While not yet fully complete, we have made some dramatic improvements to our mobile version for touch-enabled devices. The first wave of improvements will be released with 8.7, and we will be releasing an update to the iOS app in a couple of weeks. The mobile version is now:
- Slicker: way fewer menus cluttering up the display yay
- Easier: an updated approach to the challenge of mobile user interfaces
- Fancier: added some high-resolution and more mobile-screen friendly images this is gorgeous

before / after image

Additionally, the mobile version is now available for non-premium players as well.
Keep an eye out and let us know what you think - we're going to continue improving in the next version.

Full-Screen Map
Want to take full advantage of your monitor? You'll be able to pop the map out of the restrictions of the tribal wars interface, and indeed beyond the browser itself with just a click of a button. Cool

Just like the other map resizing options, this is one is only available for premium players.

Other
- Improved Farm Assistant resources estimate calculation umm, HALLELUJAH!
- Decommissioning is now shown in the Overviews
- Added confirmation box for mass-decommissioning thank you
- Players who had already met requirements for quests that did not yet exist will now receive the quest as one would normally this is good
- In some cases, newly registered players will now be sent directly into the world instead of needing to fill in their login details again
- Made some improvements to the name suggestion feature
- Updated resource graphics really, I didn't see this :S
- More confirmation boxes switched to new style blech :S
- Added auto-focus to "OK" button for trading resources
comments in bold

DeletedUser

I'm not going to lie... I really wish the full app would also be available on the Android market place. Android is becoming much more common, and I think Innogames should look into it more. :)

DeletedUser93439

The app is in development, not sure, but android is a bit tricky I think due to the various different devices it runs on.

DeletedUser

I really don't have anything to say about any of the mobile updates, i've never used a phone in my life
:icon_redface:​

I love the full-screen map, but is the mini-map visible in full screen mode, and if so, how?

Love the farm assistant update, and auto-focus for resource trades. i don't really see the point Of the updated resource graphics, but i love a change
:)

DeletedUser93439

Mini map is visible in the top right hand corner with a small red border, you can turn it off.

[SPOIL]FS Map.jpg[/SPOIL]

cheekah

Just a suggestion, I think tw staff can try to add a new feature in market. Just like rally point, have a ''previous'' button for us to click. It makes non premium user transfer resources easily.

DeletedUser93439

Just a suggestion, I think tw staff can try to add a new feature in market. Just like rally point, have a ''previous'' button for us to click. It makes non premium user transfer resources easily.

Could you post suggestions in the appropriate suggestions tread please?

DeletedUser93439

I got to correct myself I think, you can not turn off the minimap :icon_redface:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Is there a way to switch to pre-8.7 mode on mobile?

Seconded, the map now takes you to a webstyle map which is near useless on a mobile phone theres no longer a direct link to the forums, i dislike not being able to see exactly what resources i have only a rounded figure

Honestly the old lay out was vastly better

DeletedUser656

Seconded, the map now takes you to a webstyle map which is near useless on a mobile phone theres no longer a direct link to the forums, i dislike not being able to see exactly what resources i have only a rounded figure

Honestly the old lay out was vastly better

You should still be able to access the native map from the app overview. Unfortunately due to a technical restriction the current version of the app cannot detect the click on 'Map' and redirect to the native version. This will be resolved in the next couple of weeks when a new version of the app is released.

DeletedUser107667

I didn't even try the map yet but I find the new version to take considerably more time navigating pages than the old one on vertical mobile screen.

This applies to having to scroll the top bar to get to the stuff like mails, reports and quick bar.

Even worse is the farm assistant - it just doesn't fit in the screen in vertical position.

I guess the new look should be really good for iPad and other tablet users but on the phone it's much less usable so I'd appreciate a tick somewhere in the settings to force old-style mobile.

DeletedUser

Another issue ive found similar to the farm assistant problem is when someone posts a report in the forums is stretchs the size of the forum but does not allow you to scroll across so you can no longer see half the report or the end of every line of txt. Making it a challange to read tribemates support requests

DeletedUser

I am also experiencing the above issues, and my uber farm script does not work on the n=mobile platform.

It really has made the whole experience a harder chore