DK makes an announcement!

• Thread starter DeletedUser13939
  • Start date

DeletedUser13939

I take one day to work, sleep, and take care of personal stuff...only to come back and find out some of you still don't understand the rules. Or in some cases, just simply choose to break them for whatever reason. So, I'm going to take this time to clarify a few things.

First and foremost, you are not allowed to say the "F word" EVER. You can not completely star it out. You can not use it in an acronym. You ca not post a picture containing the word. Period. Done. End of story. (Except for in links. See the EDIT down below.)

Now, this next one is something some of you may not actually know about. Thus, clarification. If you quote a post that breaks a rule (such as containing the "F word") you too will be held responsible and either warned or infracted (depending on the rule it broke). The quote is part of your post and you are responsible for what is in your post. If you see a post that breaks the rules, edit it when you go to quote it. If the whole post breaks a rule, don't quote it.

This last one will actually cover two things. Personal information, and offensive content. Let's look at offensive content first. This means things such as racial slurs, real life personal insults, etc. Those kinds of things are offensive and will be dealt with. However, a PnP thread about a tribe declaring war on another tribe is NOT offensive, even if you think it is because the stats aren't skewed in your favor (or whatever reason you may have). Reporting it will do nothing unless it truly is offensive or breaks a rule.

As for personal information, I thought the rules themselves explained that quite well. But, I shall explain a little further. Posting someone's real life name without their permission is against the rules. Posting someone's real life picture without permission is against the rules. Posting someone's real life address is against the rules. Posting another's tribe's Diplomacy list is NOT against the rules. There is a CLEAR difference here. In-game information? Fine. Real life information? Not fine. Passwords? NOT FINE.

With that, I hope things are more understandable. This way, we can go back to a more lax forum where I get to sit on my couch and watch you guys banter back and forth. Alas, I can not do that if there are posters constantly breaking the rules.

If there are any questions pertaining to the rules or any rules you need clarified, PLEASE post them here or PM me and I will happily answer/clarify. My job may be to enforce the rules, but it's also my job to help those that need it. Afterall, an Open Door Policy is the best policy.

EDIT: Some of you have asked about the new rule, so I will clarify. If you link to another website (such as Youtube), you will not be held responsible for the content...to an extent. If said content includes mass amounts of racial slurs, personal information revealed without permission, real life threats, or anything like that, an Elder will be brought in.

This new rule however does NOT protect pictures.

~~DK

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser84793

thanks for clarifying this up i was confused to whats allowed and whats not...but i do have a question...wasnt the F word allowed in video's? all you have to say is a warning that their is a bad words? and further more does insults in video's allowed? if so then why cant it be the same with out video? so really if you want to cuss or talk crap about some player you just got to make a video for it to be ok?..food for thought..thanks for answering this confusion to the rules..:icon_cool:

DeletedUser111495

Exactly I used stars so You would have to watch the video to know the exact word but being a biased Mod you Infract away as you are just ruining everything as usual.

Mr. Cringer Pants

Does this rule only apply to these forum boards or are we allowed to post videos of swears in game assuming there is an appropriate warning?

roman01

There was an apparent change in words permitted on video'ed content, please confirm and adjust your OP accordingly. Thanks.

DeletedUser13939

This made me smile.

I do my best. ^^

thanks for clarifying this up i was confused to whats allowed and whats not...but i do have a question...wasnt the F word allowed in video's? all you have to say is a warning that their is a bad words? and further more does insults in video's allowed? if so then why cant it be the same with out video? so really if you want to cuss or talk crap about some player you just got to make a video for it to be ok?..food for thought..thanks for answering this confusion to the rules..:icon_cool:

The "F word" is allowed in linked videos if a warning is posted, yes. But this thread has nothing to do with link content. No, we are specifically speaking about content of the post itself. But, I shall edit my original post to include information about the new linking rule.

As for your question, I understand where you are coming from. There are limits to what can be in the video though. If you record a video of you calling another player every racist slur under the sun, reveal his real life personal information, and end it with a real life threat, I can guarantee an Elder will step in.

The rule was put into place because posters can't really control what's on the other side of a link. And it was decided it wasn't fair to punish someone for that. However, I strongly suggest you don't try to take advantage of these rule. That's the quickest way to lose it.

Pm'ed you mate.

Question answered. I hope it makes better sense now. :)

Exactly I used stars so You would have to watch the video to know the exact word but being a biased Mod you Infract away as you are just ruining everything as usual.

And if the video rule was never made (and you never quoted anything) and merely posted "**** me jesus", every one and their mother would still know you are starring out the "F word". You know this rule. Don't try to play innocent.

Does this rule only apply to these forum boards or are we allowed to post videos of swears in game assuming there is an appropriate warning?

The new linking rule is a forum rule. I have not been informed of any in-game rule changes. I'll contact an Elder for you and find out.

There was an apparent change in words permitted on video'ed content, please confirm and adjust your OP accordingly. Thanks.

Like previously mentioned, I'll be editing my post to include information on the new rule. But that rule only pertains to links to other sites.

DeletedUser84793

We making king work today!...lol thanks man for answering my question..is their any chance i can get a refund on that strike you just gave me..since i was confused and did not know?..lol always good to try cant blame me for that since i got one more mess up to be bann..lol but regardless if you do or not me still loves ya!:icon_twisted: thanks.

DeletedUser13939

We making king work today!...lol thanks man for answering my question..is their any chance i can get a refund on that strike you just gave me..since i was confused and did not know?..lol always good to try cant blame me for that since i got one more mess up to be bann..lol but regardless if you do or not me still loves ya!:icon_twisted: thanks.

Good try, but you know you deserved your last infraction.

@Mr. Cringer Pants: I double checked my information. The in-game rules have not changed. Thus, the new link rule only applies to the external forums.

DeletedUser

Could you provide me with a general list of ways I am allowed to insult stealthy [regarding his in game performance etc not real life] both in the forum and in video links? I just want to make sure i'm following the rules.

roman01

I received an expirable (few days) infraction for the first time in almost two years, probably will get a second just for pointing that out. #TotalitarianModeratorship

DeletedUser84793

Could you provide me with a general list of ways I am allowed to insult stealthy [regarding his in game performance etc not real life] both in the forum and in video links? I just want to make sure i'm following the rules.

Makes you feel good to think and say my name don't it dreaded? Enjoy!:icon_cool:

DeletedUser13939

With my sharp tongue, that list is far to long for me to type. You're better off just PMing me your list. ;)

I received an expirable (few days) infraction for the first time in almost two years, probably will get a second just for pointing that out. #TotalitarianModeratorship

Actually, your last infraction was nearly two years ago. So...I have no idea what you are talking about?

Thing

With my sharp tongue, that list is far to long for me to type. You're better off just PMing me your list. ;)

Actually, your last infraction was nearly two years ago. So...I have no idea what you are talking about?

1 of the rules is not to discuss infractions yet here a mod is doing so. Seems strange.

DeletedUser13939

1 of the rules is not to discuss infractions yet here a mod is doing so. Seems strange.

Strange? Surely you jest. A false statement was made and I merely corrected it. The reasons behind said infraction or anything of that sort was never mentioned. In all actuality, if you skim through this forum, you will noticed I have not deleted any posts making generic mentions of any infractions. Stealthy himself even posted about his latest infraction and received no punishment.

For simplicity sake, here is what the rules say about this matter.

"Discussion about Rule-Breaking
To report the breaching of rules by another player In Game please use the support system. Do not open complaint topics in the forum. Any reference to IG (In Game) Bans, Ban discussion (forum or IG) or cheating is forbidden. Please note that this includes advertising cheating (i.e, offering premium points for services ingame). The Tribalwars Team will act with discretion in all situations. This is to maintain the privacy that stands between Moderators and Players, and we expect that privacy to be upheld by players also. This applies to Forum Moderation as well as IG Moderation."

As you can see here, what I posted is well within the rules.

Now, should Roman ask me to edit my post, I will happily comply.

Mr. Cringer Pants

You guys are being a little harsh. I'd of infracted most of you by now :D

DeletedUser84793

If you all don't settle down..i'm gonna have to get my deputy dog badge out and help king straiten you all out...now back away slowly and go back to the game...slowly now..:icon_twisted: