DNY - One of TW's greatest tribes ever?

DeletedUser

I have seen discussion about TW's greatest tribes under the General topic and have seen W10's discussion concerning Die. But what is everyones thoughts about DNY being considered among the best of all time?

Please keep flames to a minimum as I am looking for constructive discussion on this topic. Anybody that is in DNY that has played in other worlds, anybody that has faught against us, or even if you have just observed us from afar. I don't want this to be a "pound our own chest" type of thread or hear from people that are just pissed at DNY because we took your villages. But judge DNY on whatever attributes you feel are worthy of "greatest TW tribe ever" mention.

Personally, I am not going to get to opinionated on this topic as I only played W10 for awhile. While I was unimpressed with the Die players I came up against, I did not get the opportunity to go up against them when they were at their best.

If you hate this topic please excuse me as I keep trying to breath some life back into our external forums. :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

In my mind the only test of the greatness of a tribe will lie in longevity. Die. was obviously brilliant in their time, and are now gone. I would have to say they certainly don't have the same credentials as CTRL; which has lasted in or near the top spot for so long.

To keep it on thread before Gollum wrings my neck, I would say it is too early to cast any ballots on this. When the world is nearing it's stagnant stage and there is only DNY at the top, then it will be time to analyze the tribe. For now, it is too early.

I can only attest that it is the best of the tribes I have ever been in on my worlds. (W10, Classic, W12) but I was never in Die. or CTRL.

Just my humble 2 cents.

Oishky Poishky

well what can i say, to have stayed on the top spot for that long and irradicate any tribes/people in their way is an awesome thing to do. even with the odds against you DNY have witheld (correct word?). i haven't had any experiences with you and hopely won't have any negative ones but some great players in their who have talked to me. ray, chully for some reason lol (thought he might ignore my igms). they sound so good at the game and ray who talks a lot bout how easy stuff is when i find them hard =) great leadership and great players. i mean most of the top 20 are in DNY and they aren't point whores. lol

DeletedUser

CTRL, Die. and DNY have called by many people the best tribes in TW. I have only played w10 and w12, so Im not sure exactly how these three tribes compare to tribes in other worlds, but apparently these three are some of the top of all time.

CTRL and DNY are very similar in that they have both been #1 for so long; they have never lost wars and they can take multiple enemies. I am a member of CTRL currently and I have seen a LOT of DNY action, both from a sat account in their tribe and just by being in K45 during the Oots. war where there was, obviously, a lot of action.
I would say that CTRL and DNY are fairly similar in skill. Both have many good players and a very capable and well-respected leader.

Die. are slightly different.. they may not have been so good at the actual game, but they were unique. They were such a strong war-machine, and not just through force, also through Harlos' propaganda. When they were #2 they fought both the #3 tribe (TORORG) and the #4 tribe (LoT) and annihilated them.
Much more quickly than DNY defeated Oots., but not in the same way. A lot of it was propaganda, and TORORG and LoT knew that CTRL might join in so I guess a lot of them gave up.
It took around 8 tribes to take Die. down, and they fell due to a lot of reasons.. but their style was different to DNY or CTRL so its quite hard to compare IMO.

DeletedUser

If the test of greatness is longevity, then that means Fema is the greatest? There's skills involved it as well.

DNY is one of the best tribes out there and quite possible THE best.

DeletedUser

CTRL, Die. and DNY have called by many people the best tribes in TW. I have only played w10 and w12, so Im not sure exactly how these three tribes compare to tribes in other worlds, but apparently these three are some of the top of all time.

CTRL and DNY are very similar in that they have both been #1 for so long; they have never lost wars and they can take multiple enemies. I am a member of CTRL currently and I have seen a LOT of DNY action, both from a sat account in their tribe and just by being in K45 during the Oots. war where there was, obviously, a lot of action.
I would say that CTRL and DNY are fairly similar in skill. Both have many good players and a very capable and well-respected leader.

Die. are slightly different.. they may not have been so good at the actual game, but they were unique. They were such a strong war-machine, and not just through force, also through Harlos' propaganda. When they were #2 they fought both the #3 tribe (TORORG) and the #4 tribe (LoT) and annihilated them.
Much more quickly than DNY defeated Oots., but not in the same way. A lot of it was propaganda, and TORORG and LoT knew that CTRL might join in so I guess a lot of them gave up.
It took around 8 tribes to take Die. down, and they fell due to a lot of reasons.. but their style was different to DNY or CTRL so its quite hard to compare IMO.

Comparisons between these 2 worlds only seems natural as they both have the same settings and a lot of the players from W10 also played W12. When I was in W10 CTRL and Die were like the 2 headed monster. They were both allied and the perception was Die was the better tribe since they were more active in wars. Some of that perception might have been how active Harlos was in P&P on the externals. Had Die been better organize and been more proactive in replenishing their ranks they would have been percieved as one of the top tribes ever in TW.

But the biggest difference between CTRL and DNY is that DNY has been the aggressive tribe since it was created while CTRL kind of flew under the radar while Die was the aggressive tribe. W10 is about 5 monthes older than W12 so to do a side by side comparison you should roll world W10 back 5 monthes. If you do that and evaluate the tribes, IMO, DNY is much further advanced than CTRL was back in May.

DeletedUser

i know for a fact DNY is one of the best :icon_cool:

i used to play with a few of you here and everyone was pretty legit

DeletedUser

TW, DNY, OA would be Tier 1 imo.

Though, admittedly, I haven't seen every other world. Hence, the reason for making my thread: http://forum.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?t=85729

Why DNY is there?
1) Individual members are knowledgeable
2) Intelligent diplomacy (not biting off more than they can chew, while proving themselves at the same time)
3) Communication
4) Adapting/maintaining intelligent recruiting over its lifespan

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

If it was judged by ability in all facets of the game I would have to agree with burns about his top 3 there in the form of TW, OA and DNY as the best tribes individually in TW history.

If you go through the DNY players and look at the categories of:

Defensive Capabilities

You see the likes of Pawen who is a fantastic defender, and held of countless waves of DNY attacks totaling her 20 mill ODD and still managed to survive comfortably and grow. That isn't easy. Add the likes of jo.ro, Brutus, Sir M. Mr Blonde pyle1234, PE and the other former Oots members who did the same. I may not get along with all of them or even like them but credit where credit is due and that has my respect. Then combine them with bob dover, tbolling, faaaark, Eddy, Tcz and Prey Slayer and I swear thats like banging your head against a brick wall. YOu just cant beat that defensive line up at all.

As a tribe as a whole, the defense and support amongst the members is phenomenal. There is no leaving any member behind and that is a key point that you just cant leave out. The tribe functions as one and its an impenetrable fortress in a sense.

Offensive Capabilities.

With some of the best coordination and attack plans the offensive capabilities is endless. Pawen as the war coordinator is a great step as her attack plans were great. Slightly unthought out in my opinion due to locations but the idealogy and the planning and set up was fantastic. The groups themselves are well balanced and equally strong. Its no wonder that when Oots died, that VIRUS members went inactive. You faced the onslaught of DNY which is just hideously frightening.

With the awesome attacking skills and timing from the likes of Sir M, Pawen, jekoh, tbolling, Rednecks, Emp Tai, baddersben, bob again Pyle and then add the Might of probally the most devastating attacker in World 12 in the form of Chultok, that is why DNY will not be stopperd by anyone or anything other than inactivity.

Team Work

Fantastic coordination and bonds between the members just makes DNY stick together like glue. An old saying "One for all and All for One" comes to mind when I consider the tenacity of the DNY members. Perfectly meld together in capabilities, skill levels and friendships.

Leadership

Best leadership in a tribe I have ever and will ever see in my opinion. The diplomatic skills of Dadcanaidu is phenomonal, leadership decisions made by their council is to the tee perfect and Emp Tai holds the ship together. Awesome.

I could probably break more categories out but thats enough said right there.

DNY = The Win.

mojivendetta

Really DNY is the best.
the reason is not points. they are expert and work together. always some player are in frontline and other cover and support them. it's rule of them. :)

DeletedUser

In my own opinion (and i might be a little biased) DNY are without doubt the best tribe in all of TW history, i have played many worlds including one & two, on world two i was part of the Great Holy Order of Truth (HOT) and at the time i thought they were awesome but i have never seen a world fall apart like world 12 has.

Congratulation`s DNY, you are up there and i am gratefull for the chance of being part of the greatest tribe in TW ever.

I am now on world 25 under an alias and i see most of the best players from world 12 there which means my tribe which i will stay loyal to will have one hell of a fight on their hands later on, and i am looking forward to see if Click make a name for theirselves as one of the greatest as they have all the best speed round players and are already ranked no.1 !

DeletedUser

I would have to say DNy is the best, though I don't know about most of the other tribes. Mabey they should make a world and have the top tribe in each world join and have a world war to see whos the best.:icon_razz:

DeletedUser

But the biggest difference between CTRL and DNY is that DNY has been the aggressive tribe since it was created while CTRL kind of flew under the radar while Die was the aggressive tribe. W10 is about 5 monthes older than W12 so to do a side by side comparison you should roll world W10 back 5 monthes. If you do that and evaluate the tribes, IMO, DNY is much further advanced than CTRL was back in May.

Like DNY fly under the radar while SUKO are the aggresive tribe ;)
Haha only joking :) Yes, back in May, Die. were the aggressive tribe but CTRL also did a lot. They were just quieter about it.
CTRL are still #1 today and are still fighting all of the Eastern tribes as well as BORG in the West. So they are fighting a huge war on both frontiers without Die. now.
So maybe CTRL is more like DNY now, but they have had 5 months extra to perfect it while DNY are already great.

DeletedUser

two greatest tribes ive ever seen:
World 5 - Pks
World 12 - DNY

Sadly my time on World 5 was dominated by a noobish ego as opposed to any sort of tactics so i can really comment on exact facts, etc. But i know from recent conversations with ex-World 5 players (that werent noobs :p) that Pks were a greta tribe.

I still think DNY is a tribe of bots

DeletedUser

HMMMM tough call due to my predijuce (yes I spelled it wrong)

I believe that DNY is the best tribe in W12. I can not speak for all of TW I attribute it to 2 reasons.

1) Emp T. There is no doubt that without a solid leader willing to put in the time, that the whole tribe respects and follows. Without this great tribes have fallen..look at -R- or Virus. When the best leaders went inactive or left the game there was truly no one to fill the shoes. That is the main key. Leadership with longevity.

2) Activity. No doubt they are the most active tribe in the world and they always have been. When they start losing members to RL they recruit the best that is out there to join their ranks. Forget coordination or attack force or defense force because if you have a tribe of 75 members and 74 members are active you are going to get coordination and attack force and d-force.

Now here is my predijuce. FEMA is by far the best family tribe in W12 and hopefully TW. Of course I lean a bit to the OTB in W3 as well. maybe not the best run but one of the most fun and well organized tribes to be in.

1) Scotlandbound or TMS to many. He like Emp T is a great leader and has not only held his tribe together but a family tribe together since january 1st 2008. He has the skills and the patience... and the time.

2) survival. Every major war FEMA has been in from february on we were outnumbered out powered out skilled and usaually the tribes warring us had more active players as well. The only thing that we had on any tribe we have ever fought is heart. We literally were a bunch of TW noobs in this tribe who learned as we played. But we became friends and family because of this game. I can not tell you how many times members of FEMA sacrificed their own safety to save one of their brothers or sisters in the tribes. It is a most amazing thing to see. And it is not just in the main tribe but in the rest of the family as well. All of us support each other and do our best to help each other.

Now I know this is just a game and RL should always come first but it is great to see who takes their gaming serious and really wants to do well. I give full credit to both of these tribes and would put DNY 1st But FEMA 2nd.
Then Fusion.
There were other great tribes out there but the test of time has killed them.

DeletedUser

I have been very impressed with what i have seen from DNY. I think they are one of the best tribes in TW. I think DNY should declare on every tribe in the top 20 and if they win there is no doubt in my mind that they are the best tribe in TW.

DeletedUser

Active, experienced, successful. enough said. Now quit bellowing in your number 1 spot and finish job.

DeletedUser

I have seen some killer tribes in this game. I've played numerous worlds under different names and to be a part of DNY is simply an honour. To see the way that we war is simply amazing and at times it is scary. Coordination is the key. To see 5 million point players simply give up overnight once they are targetted is concerning to say the least.

I know that it is not possible, but I would love to see a world war between other tribes from other worlds. This would sort the men from the boys.

I feel that our only achilles heel will be inactivity through a lack of capable enemies to war with. Our tribe thrives on war and to not have a current war certainly has had an effect on our players. We are so used to fighting, that to not be in a war feels weird.

It is too early to claim DNY as the best in TW history, but we are certainly up there with the best.

DeletedUser

without a doubt dny are an awsome tribe but you guys are forgetting to mention tribes such like cult in w3 or FF in w3 they have held a war since about the start of this year (might have been before or after my mind is blurry) there are a lot of worlds which have great and talented tribes and as no one ( think) has played in the best tribe in all of those worlds nothing can really be stated of the best of the best like i said the cult family has endurance they have been warring with FF for ages and before that HORDE and a couple of the other higher poit tribes (FF only joined in cult were at war before them aswell) so as much as we can all say DNY is the best tribe they havnt had enough to prove it and yet another example dns in w9 they are currently taking on a lot (im not sure how many i lost count) i no it is a lot of the top 20 and theyre family's though