Misc Email "signature" for co-played accounts

Xantam

Reaction score
Author
Baiomu
Contributors
N/A
Quickbar Entry
javascript: var text_area = document.getElementById('message'); text_area.value = "[color=#0000a5]MESSAGE\n\nThanks,\n[i][b]PERSON[/b][/i][/color]"
Public?
Public
Hi,

I have trawled through this forum and I can't see anything that does this so thought I'd try do a first, mainly to make my own life easier. If one does exist already then I guess people could have a choice!

As a coplayer I find it frustrating to have to keep remembering to sign off posts or mails with who I am so people don't hate on the wrong person on the account.

Very simple script drummed up to basically fill the message with formatting. It's a quality of life improvement with no real benefits other than quality of life.

Guidelines for use

So the script:
Code:
javascript: var text_area = document.getElementById('message'); text_area.value = "[color=#0000a5]MESSAGE\n\nThanks,\n[i][b]PERSON[/b][/i][/color]"
Generates the below in a message:
Code:
[color=#0000a5]MESSAGE

Thanks,
[i][b]PERSON[/b][/i][/color]

You should use the script /before/ writing your message. So, open "write message", then use the script on the bar, then tailor the contents.

When you add the script to your bar initially, you would remove "MESSAGE" and change "PERSON" to your name. You would add multiple links to your bar for however many coplayers you have, so one for Dave, one for John, one for Jess, etc.

So red being remove, blue being change:
Thanks,
PERSON

You can also change the colour code in the script so you have a blue, red, purple, etc.

So if I were to use this script, I would have it changed to the below before saving to the bar, for me personally:
Code:
javascript: var text_area = document.getElementById('message'); text_area.value = "[color=#0000a5]\n\nThanks,\n[i][b]Xan[/b][/i][/color]"

Using it basically formats the message body for your particular coplayer. Such as:
4qzhbT2.png

Changelog
Made 18/01/2024
Last edited:
Upvote 0