Event Feedback - Defenders of the Inner Castle

Ragestyles

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
TD0DdEL.gif

Feedback #2 :p

Ernestoxx

Reaction score
i prefer to shoot my self than play this. way to much time. if i wanted to click every second, i would play League of Legends.

Whoever thought of this event should be fired.

Seven Devils

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
I like the way the game is supposed to be, time consuming for rewards, you can put down pp but you need to spend the time as well.

But let's talk about the game itself, its braindead, you click click click and its all rng, there is nothing special about it. You could have given out a free reveal every 5 levels, make it alittle more interesting and a heal etc, the guards are just killing it the higher you go, it's like... not even fun.

If there was a way to make it more interactive and make me want to play, that be great, but as of now its just one boring grind no one wants to do.

AuroraMoon

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
per a single guard it seems to be close to:

levels 1-5 (no pp needed)
levels 6-15 (some pp required - upto 500pp)
levels 16-25 (more pp needed - upto 1000pp)
level 25+ (even more pp - over 1000pp)

this does not account for evasion % or restocking guards
so seems like another event aimed at the pp rich accounts and peoples wallets

rewards are over priced for the average player thats not spending pp
considering they will most likely only be getting upto 600 extra goods per day via most/highest levels cleared

would still prefer an event with no pp features

The Guide

Reaction score
per a single guard it seems to be close to:

levels 1-5 (no pp needed)
levels 6-15 (some pp required - upto 500pp)
levels 16-25 (more pp needed - upto 1000pp)
level 25+ (even more pp - over 1000pp)

this does not account for evasion % or restocking guards
so seems like another event aimed at the pp rich accounts and peoples wallets

rewards are over priced for the average player thats not spending pp
considering they will most likely only be getting upto 600 extra goods per day via most/highest levels cleared

would still prefer an event with no pp features

Rewards are way underpriced :(

If you learn the event.. you average about 700 Stolen Goods per run... no pp spent. check the guide <3 and then watch newer videos posted at bottom :)

AuroraMoon

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Rewards are way underpriced :(

If you learn the event.. you average about 700 Stolen Goods per run... no pp spent. check the guide <3 and then watch newer videos posted at bottom :)

killing all the bandits on the 1st level - gets you a total of 160 goods (40 for the level and 20 for each bandit)
depending on luck your probably going to be around half health (depending if you fight 1 at a time or show them all first)
repeating the process on the next level is unlikely due to the lowered health - forcing a player to run for the next level and pick up the items on the go

2 level in and you have only gotten 220 goods (majority from bandits on 1st level)

a run through dodging everything (if luck permits) you get 40 goods for the first level (that increases by 20 for each level you go down)
lvl 1 = 40 goods
lvl 2 = 60 goods
lvl 3 = 80 goods
lvl 4 = 100 goods
lvl 5 = 120 goods (so far 400 goods without killing a bandit)
lvl 6 = 140 goods
lvl 7 = 160 goods (the 700 goods mark you mentioned)

now at moment on w114
to be in the top 100 players for Highest level cleared
you need to get to lvl 11-12 to receive 450 goods (lvl 25-27 usually being the max for 5k goods)

and to be in the top 200 players for Most cleared levels
seems to be around 26+ levels cleared with the 5 guards

so to be getting 700 goods per run (without any pp use)
i would actually say your doing better then most at this event
but still a long way behind the numbers of the players using pp

so ill stick to my opinion that the event is geared towards pp use (heals, reveals or getting more guards)
with a lvl gap that i highly doubt people will get past without using any pp

The Guide

Reaction score
Seems in last 24 hours, the event was tweaked to put a gap between clicks? I was doing event quickly and rapid clicking screen, now i have to time gaps in clicking because it was changed without anyone being notified... That or my PC is now broken?

Mintyfresh

Skilled Soldier 18 & Master Commander 21 & 22
Reaction score
Every day i login hoping the event has ended and i dont have to waste 5-10 minutes of my precious free time clicking like an ape on green squares

And every day i am disappointed

Ragestyles

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Feedback 3:

Now after the event finished and I grinded like 25k levels of this, I think it's still the best event in the game currently. Enjoyment factor aswell as reward curve. However only with this one approved script on .net, else I wouldn't ever see me putting this much effort into 1 minigame ever again. Takes way too much time, but the script made it way less tedious and alot more enjoyable for me.

As for items in the shop:
The last 2 Events introduced (horse event and this dungeon crawler now) had both very basic/ standard items to sell, nothing really interesting at all except the usual respacks, flagbooster, gc, privilege, coin chest and some other low tier ( grey and silver boosters) which are either fairly useless or extremely overpriced for their worth.
There were no other types of permanent village boosters, no good (silver or gold) attack or defense boosters for various unit types, no gold war effort, no noble decree, no war footing, no gold war commander for example, etc.

There hasnt been any items in this event shop other than respacks or flagboosters (or GC because I love it) that i would even have considered buying, and I think thats pretty bad.

thats one thing i like about Anvil of the mercenary King Event alot, you can literally craft every item in the game pretty much. On most other events you have like 2-3 valuable options and thats about it.

The Guide

Reaction score
If anyone has any clue about how bad this event is going to be towards the state of the game... I suggest you read my initial guide, and then check back here.

Original: OG DOTC Guide

This event is busted... Ruined entirety of world 49 US Server and I'm sure it made several world impacts on NET server.

With this event, the average cost per 10% Warehouse was ~150 premium or even better... for an inexperienced person doing event and trying to optimize (My initial tests) it was about 177 premium points per 10% Warehouse.

After i got more skilled at the event and HEAVILY OPTIMIZED and also used script + my own work, I was averaging around 750 Stolen Goods per run (104 premium per 10% Warehouse)

Instead of looking to fix this event/change event/NERF THIS EVENT AS IT WAS NEEDED....

This event just got the biggest/worst buff in all of innogames history.

THE EVENT JUST HAD EVERY SINGLE REWARD MULTIPLIED BY 3. ????????????????????????????????????

THIS IS NOT GOOD, NOT FUNNY, AND WILL
KILL ANY EXISTING WORLD

Here's what you should expect from other events when going for 10% Warehouse:

beast of the black mountain (post buff): ~400 Premium per 10% Warehouse (Can be ~300 Premium with all items/early on bonuses)

Defenders of the inner castle: ~600 premium after LOTS OF CASTLES DEFEATED (Above 1000+ if you go directly for castle early on)

Anvil of the mercenary king:~200-300 premium for average on first/2nd 30% Warehouse when dividing into 10%'s... AND THAT IS AFTER SPENDING ~5000 PP on recipes.

Average event: ~300-600 Premium per 10% warehouse

THIS EVENT PRE-BUFF: ~100-170 premium per 10% warehouse

THIS EVENT POST-BUFF: ~33-60 premium per 10% warehouse

Fire someone... Punish someone... Why are our worlds getting ABSOLUTELY RUINED when there is literally 0% oversight on this event.... it being buffed 3X when it's already the MOST OVERPOWERED EVENT IN THE HISTORY OF THIS GAME?

Very disappointed this time.... and assume I'll be silenced for discussing this travesty of a gameplay/event update.

-Steve

@JawJaw @Jirki88 @Morthy this event can still be cancelled before release

Last edited:

The Guide

Reaction score
Since above was mainly rant... let me add some numbers/visuals

visual.png

visual2.png
visual3.png
visual4.png

visual5.png

Does anyone else see this as a problem?

The event which already broke so many worlds on its first released is now LINEAR BUFFED 3 TIMES.... AND innogames didn't even tell anyone... you had to have read my guide to even learn this and the current world will be RUINED

WILLPOWER

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
This is almost the last event thats not pay to win but pp to win which is important because you can farm pp for free. Its so annoying to see that people wants to change this event because this is the last event where you can actually keep up with the oilers and not just someone buys the victory. I havent seen this event since 116 and did not see it before that so it didnt ruin that many worlds .This is the only event where not the pp but the time was the limiting factor which made it a grind and a unique event compared to the rest.

The Guide

Reaction score
This is almost the last event thats not pay to win but pp to win which is important because you can farm pp for free. Its so annoying to see that people wants to change this event because this is the last event where you can actually keep up with the oilers and not just someone buys the victory. I havent seen this event since 116 and did not see it before that so it didnt ruin that many worlds .This is the only event where not the pp but the time was the limiting factor which made it a grind and a unique event compared to the rest.

They're not just bringing the event back.... They're making the rewards 3 times larger.

Literally turning it from ~100-200 PP per 10% warehouse for 30-60.

Do you understand those ramifications?

And how are other events pay to win? You spend pp that you farm/buy and then re-use them on events...

This event will quite literally make any existing world dependent on the event rather than ANY ACTUAL GAMEPLAY/Fighting.

It'll be complete barb nobling and rushing villages using warehouse% flag doubler and then merging once everyone gets bored since nobody will run out of wh%

WILLPOWER

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Did you ever play a .net world? Seems like a no to me. And no, you cant do anything with your pp because the events either limits you or increase the cost so it gets really inefficient really fast in most events. And because of this the event offers become the real deals which you only can buy, cant use pp for that.

The Guide

Reaction score
Did you ever play a .net world? Seems like a no to me. And no, you cant do anything with your pp because the events either limits you or increase the cost so it gets really inefficient really fast in most events. And because of this the event offers become the real deals which you only can buy, cant use pp for that.

Definitely disappointed you don't know of me. I don't need to make you look like a fool here even bothering to say that, but this event doesn't increase/limit and i do extensive testing for each one.

Maybe go read one of my other guides explaining which events increase in cost/limit you before looking like an ass...

WILLPOWER

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
If you feel the need of get the personal insults out I guess that proves everything.

DaWolf85

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I am not a huge fan of this event, to be honest. From a balance perspective - from a 'fun' perspective, I quite like the design. But it's clearly overpowered.

I think it was built as something incredibly strong, and that was attempted to be balanced against the tedium of playing it to the fullest. And I don't think that tedium is a valid balancing tool, not least because scripts can exist that make things less tedious, breaking the intended balance; but also because it exacerbates the difference between those who have the time and energy to spend whaling events like this, and those who don't. It is true that this is the case for most events to some degree; but this one is much worse than most.

I honestly think this event might need some form of hard limit to how many times you can play it per day (something you can't bypass by spending). That would be a pretty drastic solution, but I think it's warranted if the event remains in anything remotely similar to its current form.

The Guide

Reaction score
I am not a huge fan of this event, to be honest. From a balance perspective - from a 'fun' perspective, I quite like the design. But it's clearly overpowered.

I think it was built as something incredibly strong, and that was attempted to be balanced against the tedium of playing it to the fullest. And I don't think that tedium is a valid balancing tool, not least because scripts can exist that make things less tedious, breaking the intended balance; but also because it exacerbates the difference between those who have the time and energy to spend whaling events like this, and those who don't. It is true that this is the case for most events to some degree; but this one is much worse than most.

I honestly think this event might need some form of hard limit to how many times you can play it per day (something you can't bypass by spending). That would be a pretty drastic solution, but I think it's warranted if the event remains in anything remotely similar to its current form.

Shadowinek had mentioned something to me in past that I really liked. After each purchase of 5 guards, you increase the premium cost by a certain amount (Say 5 pp per guard) so every 5 purchased it goes 13,18,23,28,33,38 per guard etc so you can still have some REALLY strong runs and still get a few hundred % warehouse, but after spending large #s of pp it becomes more taxing so that you aren't spending your entire day playing it.

But that of course loses the parent company money so there is no reason to do so.