Feedback World 120

Please pick an option!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

world8vet

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
That's not true, you of course more finesse and not OP's like "send x nukes here and easily cap". I am not against no WT, I have played more servers without it than with, I am just happy about this setup for now. And even if a setup is trash, we would not have right to change it. But mods will decide and we will see what we have :)

NB helps you out when you are not on the account. WatchTowers do not aid you during down time. If you're not on the account you won't be able to use the information that WTs give you.

world8vet

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Nope, everyone got the same setting, just the majority wants an other one. Than wait for a better one.

W118 had NB, w119 had watch towers. Last 2 recent worlds had similar settings. That's why people are confused at the settings.

vekinator

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I saw on 111, playstyle in .net is attack attack attack, and if you won't go forward quickly, most of the players lost their motivation. The majority prefers here the quick 5-6 months playtime?
This isnt about world length. I am pretty sure that without wt this world wont end in 5 months by the hype it got before these settings. My point is that wt+nb is overkill. If it has to be, then one is enough. Rather nb than wt tho.

Jupiter Stator

Reaction score
So I see the ongoing back and forth, and while I don't want to break up a good catfight, just my two cents.

NB and WT are both settings that heavily favor D, that with the current lineup of premades will just lead to a long term (years) stalemate. I get wanting to offer up different scenarios from time to time, but I think if all the players who were planning to play 120 were to still play we would get an unfun endgame where there are 4 tribes staring at each other for 6 months, until one of the tribes breaks under the pressure of having to do other things with their lives besides play this game.

We are seeing whats left of that scenario on 112 right now, I'm not sure if the TW team likes those kinds of worlds (I guess they produce more PP?, but also lose a lot of players who just get burned out), Far be it for me to get into what makes more money in the longrun, but more players sounds better than longer worlds? I think a reasonable compromise would be to eliminate WT, but keep NB to protect the solo players who have made some points here (while I disagree with them from a what makes the game fun for me perspective, I can respect there are other ways people enjoy playing). I think the combination of both settings would just be a bit over the top in terms of sucking the fun out of the macroscale game, and the only benefit I can really see is the world just runs longer (which with 4+premades all planning to play this world I don't think was going to be an issue [unless these ones who are waiting for the exact perfect settings and are defending these so strongly are incapable of playing with other ones?]

Jup

world8vet

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
This isnt about world length. I am pretty sure that without wt this world wont end in 5 months by the hype it got before these settings. My point is that wt+nb is overkill. If it has to be, then one is enough. Rather nb than wt tho.

Yes and that's without even looking at how we haven't gotten a world for seasoned players since w116. Got 3 worlds of combination of fake limit/WT/NB/pally skills.

Would be masive overkill to have such defensive settings.

DaWolf85

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
NB and WT are both settings that heavily favor D, that with the current lineup of premades will just lead to a long term (years) stalemate. I get wanting to offer up different scenarios from time to time, but I think if all the players who were planning to play 120 were to still play we would get an unfun endgame where there are 4 tribes staring at each other for 6 months, until one of the tribes breaks under the pressure of having to do other things with their lives besides play this game.
It is also worth pointing out that Night Bonus and Watchtower complement each other extremely well. One of the most effective counters to the watchtower is to attempt to sneak attacks through the watchtower while the opponent is offline. With night bonus, this is now impossible. It forces you, as the attacker, to take a fight in which you are not favored, and removes a lot of the nuance - you have to overwhelm the defender and make them quit. There's really no other way.

wildwang

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
It is also worth pointing out that Night Bonus and Watchtower complement each other extremely well. One of the most effective counters to the watchtower is to attempt to sneak attacks through the watchtower while the opponent is offline. With night bonus, this is now impossible. It forces you, as the attacker, to take a fight in which you are not favored, and removes a lot of the nuance - you have to overwhelm the defender and make them quit. There's really no other way.

So you think making a defender sided game, even more defender sided is better for the game? Seems a bit counter productive o_O

DaWolf85

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
So you think making a defender sided game, even more defender sided is better for the game? Seems a bit counter productive o_O
I didn't say it was good, I'm just explaining what it does. I don't get to make decisions about settings.

ULTRA COKE

Reaction score
Honestly as someone who was hoping to run it back on what was supposed to be a "competitive settings" world this is incredibly underwhelming and would result in a ton of top tier players skipping merely because of the setting alone. WT and NB are terrible setting combined that encourage 8 hours essentially of no attacks being attacked on a single player. This is incredibly frustrating when a system like this can be abused on a frontline making OP's between warring tribes just have each frontline member alter their NB just so they can get a better insight as to when OPs are landing. That combined with WT make late game incredibly unfun and gives those who are actually looking for a competitive world almost 0 reason to play when these setting are incredibly favorable for turtling and just lack of OPs being planned successfully. NB or WT's should be disable preferably both but NB is such a crutch to those who look for competitive worlds. Its just a shame to see a beginning of summer world with such terrible settings.

The Roman Empire

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Hello JawJaw and teaam,

Last time I played a WT world was w112, in fact, it's still going a year later and it's not fun anymore.

I just wanna say that world 5 lasted for what? 7 years? xD
But then again back then there were 330k+ villages in a world ^^

ted.terror

Reaction score
I would like to express my disatisfaction with the current announced settings, but being eager to play this new world, I'd like to humbly suggest 2 changes in the settings.

1) Remove Watchtowers. I know a lot of people like them, because it makes defending easier but it is very bad while doing timed OP with lots of faking as all the effort made are useless.

2) Remove Nightmode setting too. It is usual to have co's when u come down to play & win a world. With night bonus activation it makes defending quite strong for 8 hours a day.

QueenB

Reaction score
I am a fan of NB. People do not always sleep during that NB, so it is not a huge disadvantage for attackers. We need to make this game playable for those who work on a daily basis. I cannot believe there are so many people who are against NB.

Ivek

Reaction score
Having watchtower + nightmode is overkill, they take out all fun from the game.
Just remove watchtower and we good.