Flamefest 2.0

DeletedUser

im bored and billy is back i think so i should be able to go against him.

DeletedUser

I think this would have more success if it was done as a league instead of a tournament. A lot of people will only have the time to do one or two rounds and therefore you get a high rate of drop outs, but if you let people choose the time they have free for debating then you will get a lot more debates done and more entertainment for the fans.

Have a table of the entrants like a sports league:
Position -- NAME -- Played -- Won -- Drawn -- Lost -- Points

As in the tournament the most active people will do the most debates and have a better chance of winning but it gives the less active people a much greater chance of competing.

Undead Billy Mays

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
The hard part is having a ready supply of topics - Picking good topics is a lot harder than it seems - I like your idea about the league - and aligned pnp teams would be fun too - there are alot of possibilities to do with that

darkaniken2

I think this would have more success if it was done as a league instead of a tournament. A lot of people will only have the time to do one or two rounds and therefore you get a high rate of drop outs, but if you let people choose the time they have free for debating then you will get a lot more debates done and more entertainment for the fans.

Have a table of the entrants like a sports league:
Position -- NAME -- Played -- Won -- Drawn -- Lost -- Points

As in the tournament the most active people will do the most debates and have a better chance of winning but it gives the less active people a much greater chance of competing.
Topics are hard to pick, because you've got to consider the fallout. And people from other worlds will come and mess up any overly-controversial topics. However, we could outsource this to a seperate forum, preventing anyone from interupting. But that would be hard to organize.

DeletedUser

Thinking up topics shouldn't be that hard, especially if you include TW related subjects in the possible subjects.

darkaniken2

Thinking up topics shouldn't be that hard, especially if you include TW related subjects in the possible subjects.
TW related subjects will always affect ingame relations though, and cause people to limit what they say.

What I'm thinking is opening another forum using a free host and having them take place there, so that we can use the more controversial topics without risk of offending the mods or other posters, and free of trolls.

Undead Billy Mays

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I think the controversial topics can be done here as long as the posters can remain tastefull - oh and i updated post 1 ;)

DeletedUser

i honestly hate this topic cause im on the wrong side. haha but ill post tomorrow moring after the man chester city villa game.

Undead Billy Mays

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
cool - im out for a while - but im assuming this is a 48 hour so ill hit back later tonight - looking forward to your post

DeletedUser

sadly disappointed i dont quite think cuts it, ' get yo shit outta here' more like..