Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser18840

Please go nice on siggys , Jirki infracted me twice for that :icon_cry:

Welcome anyways :icon_wink:

haha same, jirki's hardcore..

and yea welcome mate and please, give us some slack, we've got big mouthes

DeletedUser

If you're trying to imply that in using "slang" (tbh i think pain in the ass is far too common a phrase to be slang) I am leaving the door open for pedants to use solely slang in their language, well, almost everyone uses a certain amount of slang, that's what slang is,

Perhaps you should look up the meaning of slang before saying that you will use slang in forums.
Slang

you see? it comes up a lot!
yeah i can see that and that's why i stopped over to know if this will be a world to play or not.

The reason I can call people an ass like that is because they are disobeying the forum rules, and so being an ass.

One Man's food is another Man's poison. . It's very difficult that our views about a particular situation are same. You might think of a post as spam which i think as a P&P attempt. Offcourse in such a situation your opinion will be final and i will respect that but that does not allow you to call someone an "ass". If that would have been said to me i would take that as an insult and would ask for public explanation/apology . Just because i have spammed doesn't mean that a moderator/admin starts calling me ass(stupid/idiot or whatever comes in your "slang" definition) offcourse you can infract/ban me but not insult me. I don't play this game to get insulted but thats just me :icon_rolleyes:

The day moderators start calling such stuff in public to readers ....would be my last day on tw.

It is a Privilege, as a Mod :icon_biggrin:
Again moderation does not give you a right to insult someone in public.

if you have a problem with something I have said/done you may PM me about it, and I will talk to you about it there.
I prefer it that way but since this thread was made in public so i thought to give my views.

DeletedUser

well, as I have said, you are perfectly entitled to your views, but what you might not have gathered is that I have known Kanga for about a year now, we played together on w5, and I knew He wouldn't take offense at it.

no, I wouldn't usually call everyone I see posting foolishly as ass, but in this situation I was entitled to as I knew it would be taken as a joke by him. Maybe not by anyone else, but seeing as I wasn't referring to anyone else, I don't see the problem.

so, the moral of the story: you might not know the entire situation, so don't make it out like you do. My apologies if you take offense at this remark :icon_biggrin:

you might also take note of the fact that when I use a :icon_biggrin:, I'm usually not being entirely serious...

Perhaps you should look up the meaning of slang before saying that you will use slang in forums.
Slang

Now, Slang: from your own definition of slang (the one that you linked to), I see this:

"a popular but unauthorized word, phrase, or mode of expression; also, the jargon of some particular calling or class in society; low popular cant; as, the slang of the theater, of college, of sailors, etc."

that's what I was referring to, colloquialisms, essentially. When something has more than one meaning, it doesn't necessarily mean all of them at once.

One Man's food is another Man's poison. . It's very difficult that our views about a particular situation are same. You might think of a post as spam which i think as a P&P attempt. Offcourse in such a situation your opinion will be final and i will respect that but that does not allow you to call someone an "ass".

I think I explain most of this above. Yes, it might happen that my views will differ from yours, but I have done my best to outline my views on propaganda as soon as possible by laying out my idea of spam and giving examples on the forums, and if anyone disagrees with me, they are, as I have said, perfectly entitles to PM me about it.

Just because i have spammed doesn't mean that a moderator/admin starts calling me ass(stupid/idiot or whatever comes in your "slang" definition) offcourse you can infract/ban me but not insult me. I don't play this game to get insulted but thats just me

you are right, of course. I don't think I've called anyone I don't know well an ass yet on this forum, let alone since I've been a mod. I hope you'll agree that when you are friends with a person, you have more of an idea what they will accept as a joke, no?

DeletedUser

Slang

Perhaps you should use a credible source? To quote the Oxford English dictionary

"Language of a highly colloquial type, considered as below the level of standard educated speech, and consisting either of new words or of current words employed in some special sense."

or

"The special vocabulary or phraseology of a particular calling or profession; the cant or jargon of a certain class or period."

Yes, it can have other meanings, but I'm pretty sure Petn wasn't meaning those. As for the use of slang on these forums, any time anyone uses "rim" as a verb, you better hope it's using it in the sense of the phraseology belonging to tribalwars :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

Petn, judging from the number of spam threads you've had to lock so far, I'd say you've got your work cut out for you on this world. :icon_wink:

DeletedUser32377

good luck

good luck may God let you mod fairly

keep those CHE spammers in line:icon_cool:

DeletedUser

For staying on top of all the spam threads, my tribute:

Petn.jpg

May you continue to mod fairly and well :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

*looks around *

Can't believe I didn't notice this thread . . . :S

Oh hai Petn !
me wuves you :)

How's Halp! ?

DeletedUser

Going good, thanks! that reminds me, I should go and noble something... :p

DeletedUser

I like your style of modding. Plus, you haven't infracted me yet, always helps.

DeletedUser

You should keep a running tab of how many threads you've locked for spamming and infractions you've given for W17.

Status
Not open for further replies.