Great Films

DeletedUser

LOTR Trilogy
Avatar (storline was completely predictable but otherwise a good movie)
The Matrix
Ironman
The list goes on and on...

DeletedUser

Great thread! A lot of great movie's mentioned. Here are some that are worth watching:

Grandma's Boy
A Scanner Darkly
Frailty
Pay it Forward
Memento
Waking Life
Sweeny Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Romeo + Juliet (1996)
American Beauty
The Evil dead series
Akira

Just to name a few for now...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

No offense or anything. but never heard of these, maybe ive sen them but forgot the name
Grandma's Boy
A Scanner Darkly
Frailty
Momento
Waking Life
Sweeny Todd
Romeo + Juliet (1996)
American Beauty

Pay it Forward - Great film, makes me want to watch it now LOL

Also if anyone finds a link for The Crazies (2010) it would be great, ive found the original (1973) but the remade one that looks good
The Crazies 2010

DeletedUser

I picked more obscure films. :icon_wink: Look 'em up sometime.

DeletedUser

Sweeny Todd, reminds me of Piartes of the Carbian or however you spell it lol good series.

DeletedUser

Sweeny Todd, reminds me of Piartes of the Carbian or however you spell it lol good series.
Both a few hundred years in the past, both have Johnny Depp.

When my dad rented Sweeny Todd I didn't know it was a musical, so I left by the hair-cutting competition D:>

DeletedUser

Great thread! A lot of great movie's mentioned. Here are some that are worth watching:

Grandma's Boy
A Scanner Darkly
Frailty
Pay it Forward
Memento
Waking Life
Sweeny Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Romeo + Juliet (1996)
American Beauty
The Evil dead series
Akira

Just to name a few for now...

Sweeney Todd was a hilariously amazing musical/comedy movie that I loved
Akira is just Epic because it is anime

DeletedUser

Sweeney Todd was a hilariously amazing musical/comedy movie that I loved
Akira was that the anime where certain humans had like super powers. I remember Karas was good and another one where thes guy kept mutating throughout that anime. Samarui X all the way though.

DeletedUser

Samurai X was kinda sad when Kenshin was all depressed and dying...lol other than that the other episodes had sweet fight scenes. Kenshin Himura is in my top favorite anime.

On another note... #8 Today, 07:11 Top
Wow look i got in before it was blocked.

You weren't the only one HAHAHA

DeletedUser

what are peoples opinions to how good the last harry potter films gonna turn out to be... or how they compare to the books?

They ruined the last one, which will subsequently effect the remaining two films for the final book. They left out and changed significant aspects of the Half Blood Prince, and I'm not sure how the plan to fix those mistakes, but I'm not very enthusiastic now. They had been doing a very good job on the movies up to that point. Its a shame.

I disagree. There is a lot of depth to the movie, though the animation was top notch for its time, and even looks good still by modern standards. You could easily add the original Ghost in the Machine to that list as well, one of the key inspirations for the Matrix trilogy for the same reason.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I disagree. There is a lot of depth to the movie, though the animation was top notch for its time, and even looks good still by modern standards. You could easily add the original Ghost in the Machine to that list as well, one of the key inspirations for the Matrix trilogy for the same reason.

Well in my book: Anime=Epic ; Akira=Anime ; Akira=Epic

I was just generalizing by saying all anime is epic. A small misunderstanding, but nonetheless this movie was well made ^_^

DeletedUser

I kinda agree with Jubei, all anime is epic except a select few. Blue Gender would have made a very good movie I think since I loved the series. Akira I'm still trying to figure out which anime that was I can't remember >.<. Gundam Wing Endless Waltz wasn't bad either. (Than again I really liked the Wing Gundam custom 0). The Samarui x movies I was speaking of was the Trust and Betrayal one the one before he became peaceful when the war first started and how he got the man slayer name. His first wife as well.

DeletedUser

i thing you cannot beat... it was primarily a series... but there were movies.... pokemon :) gotta love it :) i watched like most of the films and pretty much all the episodes barrin the newer ones :)

DeletedUser

Lol sorry but digimon beats it out. Though Yu-Gi-Oh has a good movie coming out for it.

DeletedUser

Well in my book: Anime=Epic ; Akira=Anime ; Akira=Epic

I was just generalizing by saying all anime is epic. A small misunderstanding, but nonetheless this movie was well made ^_^

My bad. :p But I agree, Anime is epic.

DeletedUser

Me thinks we needs an Anime thread >.<

I thought "Taken" was a good movie that I saw this past year. Good story and I loved how Neeson portrayed an ageing man that could still kick butt.

DeletedUser

Me thinks we needs an Anime thread >.<

I thought "Taken" was a good movie that I saw this past year. Good story and I loved how Neeson portrayed an ageing man that could still kick butt.

I agree on both statements. Taken was better than I expected, and that's saying something (I had high hopes).