Hellooo...

DeletedUser

i really would be more involved in the chat, but skype rejects my computer.

yungoe

You guys should read and write in the PCP more often btw, these days a large portion of the chat is filled by freyareborn talking about her cats. We need some old fashioned solid TW discussion in there. Truly a lot of very good talent in there, these days I've been rejecting almost every application that hasn't proven they can take and hold a top 50 account during the start. There's a lot of good advice players like tom, 27, and 35 can impart. Not to mention legendary starters like mattcur and gargareth (if you can catch them online to chat with) who will join with us.

So yeah basically what I'm trying to sell is talking in pcp chat = free startup skill, no matter how good you already are. Gonna be hard to buy till you see it for yourself :p

If you're going to base your recruitement on starting skills, then I'll pass.

DeletedUser

You guys should read and write in the PCP more often btw, these days a large portion of the chat is filled by freyareborn talking about her cats. We need some old fashioned solid TW discussion in there. Truly a lot of very good talent in there, these days I've been rejecting almost every application that hasn't proven they can take and hold a top 50 account during the start. There's a lot of good advice players like tom, 27, and 35 can impart. Not to mention legendary starters like mattcur and gargareth (if you can catch them online to chat with) who will join with us.

So yeah basically what I'm trying to sell is talking in pcp chat = free startup skill, no matter how good you already are. Gonna be hard to buy till you see it for yourself :p
Some brilliant players can be average starters. Some players can be average during the first month or so of a world, but once then get into it, they will continue to thrive and grow past these brilliant starters.

DeletedUser

Sebs smelly. I mean oh hai Seb : D I agree everyone has a part of the game they are best at.

DeletedUser

Jax, add me back into the chat. XD

WTH, why aren't you in the chat??

If you're going to base your recruitement on starting skills, then I'll pass.

Activity and start skills. Last time having an uber weak start was one of the major reasons we got owned when it came to trying to dominate our continent when nobles came out. We need a strong push at the very start, later one midgame/endgame skill can be taught progressively/recruited from locals. Not to mention the players I listed are fairly skilled in midgame too. Right now any recruitment that is done is based off of three things only:

1) Premium
2) Dedication/Activity
3) Startup

Btw if you guys haven't noticed, the PCP thread:

http://forum.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?t=156138

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

add me to skype chat
ill see if i can learn some stuff for w45 if i join

yungoe

Premium??? Omg Jax :/

Maybe if you don't boast everywhere and make stupid threads that you can stay under the radar until nobles are out, that you won't fail. Much smarter than this IMO.

DeletedUser

Premium??? Omg Jax :/

Maybe if you don't boast everywhere and make stupid threads that you can stay under the radar until nobles are out, that you won't fail. Much smarter than this IMO.

Tbh, we're not particularly "scared" of failing. We're "scared" of not dominating. My goal isn't to survive, this time around its to succeed. Sure, if I'd focused purely on survival, I could've accepted that peace agreement with *RS*, I could've taken those alliance offers I got, I could've called on Chess and Gentle to come back us up, I could've done a lot of things just to make sure we survived.

But then what would've happened? We would've still been half assed territory wise, we still would've been stuck with less firepower than our allies (with that situation, our future enemies), and we would eventually have faded out. And we wouldn't have learned all that we did from our mistakes, we wouldn't have spawned such a huge following and our recruits wouldn't be major players and leaders in great tribes like [O], Escape, and Kata today. And most of all, we wouldn't have this new, improved tribe gunning for the top in W45.

I don't want to stay under the radar; I don't want to just survive, and I don't want to be a generic tribe who has their half memberlist inactive and without premium eating out inactives for half our growth. And we don't only want to be "respected" PnP and public-relations wise. That's why I pushed the world we join to W45 and beyond, so we would have all the time to make the best memberlist, to be completely prepared and in practice, so when we join the world we'd take it over by a monsoon. We could hype it up as much as we wanted and we'd be able to live up to every bit of that hype, and have a ton of fun doing it. So nick, if you don't believe in the what we're doing and the way we're doing it, that's fine. And if you don't want to be a part of it, that's fine too. But I can guarentee to you that not a single one of us will ever stop pushing and trying until we reach our goal, however far-fetched our goal may be.

However, given the current progress we've made in recruitment, and how well the memberbase is solidifying, I could say we're well on our way. When the world opens, we'll see whether all this effort has paid off or not. And yes, we want rank 1. We don't care if there's alot of attention attached to it, and we don't care if its difficult to maintain, we won't settle for less :icon_wink:. If you don't want to be a part of it, that is fine. And yes I just wrote a really big wall of text, but I believe every word I just wrote. And this isn't the first time I've had to say any of these things, either.

yungoe

I never said you just had to survive. I don't get how you drew that conclusion.

What's so bad about not having premium at startstage? :/ I never got that. Why would you have inactives because you aren't dominating if you're a premade? :S

You seem to consider staying under the radar as a bad thing, while it's actually a great strategical move.

You want rank1? Well duh. You can have it too, but you seem to lack patience.

DeletedUser

What's so bad about not having premium at startstage? :/ I never got that. Why would you have inactives because you aren't dominating if you're a premade? :S

You seem to consider staying under the radar as a bad thing, while it's actually a great strategical move.

That would be where I drew that conclusion from.

I recruited too loosely for PCP the first time around, and ended with inactivity. I took in friends first, then friends of friends, then people who those friends of friends thought were good, and ended up with inactivity and very few people who took our world like a joke, or a gathering spot to catch up with friends. Inevitably our core that started in our main continent K54 had a weaker grip on it than our K53 team (local recruits and late joiners), which was kind of sad..

I know how it can be a great strategical move for staying alive; I also know how incredibly boring it is. My mindset has changed. I've seen how tribes can be the biggest in game and out of it; Done well, a huge reputation can be used to help you instead of working against you. Not to mention staying under the radar = no PnP =( and that would just kill it. Our name is "Politics, Corruption, Propaganda" for pete's sake.

Premium at the start helps with farming, whether you use scripts or do it manually. Not to mention using premium on a world makes a player want to stay dedicated to it later on.

Patience, meh. This is a game, and in a game you want to have fun. Having fun=promotes activity. Activity=Doing better. Doing better=More fun. Its a cycle that you really want to be stuck in, and a good way to get yourself into that cycle is winning epically right from the beginning.

yungoe

Actually if you have the patience to wait, basically doing nothing and then do something brilliant, that's much more rewarding.

But hey that's just my view.

Premium helps with farming? How so :S It's not really needed, sure it can be a bit more trouble, but it's not necessary. Motivated because of premium? hmm perhaps.

I agree that you should have done your recruitment more thorough, but setting up premium as a requirement is a no go in my book. It's basically forcing people to change their game approach in order to play with you. A recommendation would be better imo.

I don't see how you draw just staying alive from that comment though. Staying under the radar is just temporary. It means you can prepare to dominate, which is the most essential part in order to dominate lol.

DeletedUser

Hey Nick! :)

Well, we insist on a premium simply because we can be reassured that the member will not suddenly go inactive. The second thing is, a premium account helps you to farm continuously. But for the record, we are willing to overlook the lack of premium, if we are sure about the member's capability.

Also, about staying under the radar. Well, we would not want to go that way, simply because of two reasons. Firstly, we believe in ourselves and our capabilities to live in the spotlight. :icon_cool: Secondly, that is our style of playing. If being in the spotlight attracts a lot of attention, then so be it. We are sure we can face them all. :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

i'll tag along for the 43/44 "tryout" to prove to you that i can do a startup well, but i'm not paying money to prove that jax. but considering i stuck around longer than you on w40, i think teh dedication/activity box is ticked though.

rbh135

RMJ, me,you and jax got cleared on w40 so shush :p Jax just quit since he has w34 and pcp to look after.
I quit w40 because it was going too slow for me and tj kicked me so it helped me quitting. Jaxy, I am in [O] on w38 as MahtanT fyi :p I'll be coplaying with moomix on w45 and I won't be using premium tbh. Maybe moo might but I usually don't and won't tbh :p
Rimmy you suck. Deal with it :p jk <3 And nick, our member's list is quite epic tbh. The minute we join the world, we'll be rank 1 =P

yungoe

I've heard that before RBH...

I'm still in W40, guess that beats all the others here xD

.dan.101

You don't need premium for startup, imo no premium helps with the balance of troops/buildings.

Prem isn't needed until you're farming 24/7 with LC :icon_neutral: