HOPLOX in Ruin

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

As you all predicted HOPLOX is in ruin. Not because of enemies.

But because of leadership and allies.

Duke's nayeem04 and sir leandru took it upon themselves to decide to merge into SCIR0N, which was an uneccesary decision. other council members fought to keep the tribe as it was.

As soon as 2 elder barons leave to the once again active HOPLON, circular mail sent out to all HOPLOX members

SCIR0N said:
nayeem04 today at 19:47
If you get an invite to [ally]SCIR0N[/ally], you must join now.

An announcement will be made later.

Thanks, [player]nayeem04[/player].

This merge was not decided by the council, but by greedy dukes, who wanted more points and more power to mess with.

certain indications in the tribal forums showed that dukes did not care for tribe members feelings, but just that they had the power and no one could stop them.

isn't it funny how the tribal vote for the merge was taken down as soon as 2 barons left, and then that mail was sent out ?

Well, let's see whats in store for HOPLOX now, will they all merge into SCIR0N ?

or will a majority of them move to HOPLON and carry on the true Spartan name ?

only time will tell.

the clock is ticking.

DeletedUser

Seriously tho it's a shame the way this turned out and I should probably mention that any hoplox players who are not happy with this being forced on them are welcome to approach us, no big deal tho it's up to them :)

DeletedUser

i remember one saying on the forums
' i just got an invite to SCIR0N, i don't really wanna go, but it's nayeem's orders so bye'

i wonder what that says about the current HOPLOX leadership..

DeletedUser

One of world 5's greatest mysteries, finally solved...

DeletedUser

As you all predicted HOPLOX is in ruin. Not because of enemies.

But because of leadership and allies.

Duke's nayeem04 and sir leandru took it upon themselves to decide to merge into SCIR0N, which was an uneccesary decision. other council members fought to keep the tribe as it was.

As soon as 2 elder barons leave to the once again active HOPLON, circular mail sent out to all HOPLOX members

This merge was not decided by the council, but by greedy dukes, who wanted more points and more power to mess with.

certain indications in the tribal forums showed that dukes did not care for tribe members feelings, but just that they had the power and no one could stop them.

isn't it funny how the tribal vote for the merge was taken down as soon as 2 barons left, and then that mail was sent out ?

Well, let's see whats in store for HOPLOX now, will they all merge into SCIR0N ?

or will a majority of them move to HOPLON and carry on the true Spartan name ?

only time will tell.

the clock is ticking.
would you care for your so called members?
is there 1 normal guy, or decent guy in that HOPLOX suck tribe?
well yes, the dukes who wanted to move on.:p
well dukes? probably some sat acounts, or guys ordered by SCIR0N
newsflash: HOP is merging with SCI, started 8 months ago now, and look at the progression, great.
what's in store for hoplox: nothing, it just go's down the shitter like it was suposed to.
and HOPLON did never carried the "true spartan name", just a suck tribe, who got pwnt by TSE, got pwnt by a few V V V members, got pwnt by BarBar, and got pwnt by BNL, and got pwnt by LFKD, and got pwnt by themselves in the end.
Spartan? :icon_rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Ben if i come back in w5, i teach u when to talk and when to shut up.
and that will the the last time u spam the forum.

I wonder why i didnt showed you what i belive, about baby cry type like you, when i was ur duke.

chance i might play w5 again so be ready.

DeletedUser

What did they really expect when having some of their members merged into scrion? Why would there ever be the slightest chance of Scirion allowing an ally which they did better eat?

But I got to say that it's a hell of a shitty duke that doesn't even write a good message about it. You should always describe the situation for members if a sudden change is made. Or you will explain the situation and give more details later.Most people are likely threatened into joining or feel scared, joining Hoplon would in a way that they got balls big enough to stick up for themself.

Atleast that duke should have explained the situation better.

DeletedUser

Well....ben isn't a duke so maybe you mean me?

The thing is I can only comment on the less than 24hrs I was 'allowed' to visit for before nayeem had his 'breakdown'.

But ok, his council voted 6 to 3 against merging into sciron in the near future but it was a closer vote 5 to 4 against if this was a more distant possibility say like 3 or 4 months from now instead of 'we can do it next week and really fast'.

I saw various posts in there that eventually caused me to lose my patience (some would say that's not difficult i'm sure) and pass comment (and i'm sure some of you would have plenty to say about that too ^^)

Anyhoo, nayeem revealed his true nature as this 'discussion' deepened....basically he's got a huge fetish about points over people, thinks being a duke for 3 months entitles him to over-rule the wishes of his mentors and peers or even tribe members whatever they feel or think about it and was prepared to dissolve hoplox taking only the 40 highest points members with him and discarding the rest into a renamed holding cell for future nobling called scirna.

Oh, he also squashed a full tribe vote on it.

Oh, I know that the events of 2-3 months ago will no doubt be raised in response to this post but you can't turn the clock back you can only learn from experience and hopefully help others not to make the same mistakes sadly you can't make them understand or listen tho, they have to choose to do so.

Moving along then, ye sure there are massive tribes around these days and huddling into them for warmth seems to be a bit of an obsession but I think some people/players still believe in loyalty, sticking together and being true to themselves whether they 'live or die' within the game it is only a game, after all and there are other worlds...

Winning all the time only teaches you half the game doesn't it? In any game, the true deepening of your experience and character comes from hardship not comfort this is as true ingame as it is in RL

Summing up then, hoplox leadership are determined to repeat history but in a more deliberate and callous way because when it happened to us there was a lot of pressure put on us from within and without and as has been mentioned promises were made with no intention of keeping them (no doubt this will be up for debate and flame too but that's how it went down, simple as)

I'm not really interested in having a bitchslapping fest on here somebody asked I tried to explain...

Any hoplox members not happy with being treated like cattle or trading chips without due consideration and prefer a less 'corporate' atmosphere are welcome to approach us...they can pm either myself of jayG for a chat and take it from there, erm, I guess this would apply to any ex-hoplon who are feeling 'homesick' too ;)

DeletedUser

I meant that Hoplox duke who more or just said "take the invites".:p
nayeem04 or whatever his name was.:S

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Ah yes, I guess he was concerned about what he regarded as his toys...^^

DeletedUser

The thing is, this is a game, and for the most part we know very little about the people we are playing with. I've seen Stoowart lose his cool, I've seen excellent leaders belly up and just delete their accounts, in fact I once quit (but obviously got talked into coming back) out of the sheer frustration of trying to get stubborn people to fall into line with tribe policy and diplomacy, and dealing with untrustworthy and unethical people.

If a tribe is to succeed, tribal leadership is not a democracy! Your leaders are in the position they are in to make the decisions for people who don't want the responsibility, but those who sit back seem to be the ones who whine and complain the most.

Coming back to my first point, some tribe leaders are arrogant prats, some are ineffective, some are trying their hardest to do something they don't fully comprehend, and some are true leaders who actually manage to get a tribe organised and motivated, but constant bickering can undermine and frustrate the best of them. It doesn't help anything, nor does abandoning a tribe where the leadership is actually working well together and trying hard to do the right thing for their members.

DeletedUser

The thing is, this is a game, and for the most part we know very little about the people we are playing with. I've seen Stoowart lose his cool, I've seen excellent leaders belly up and just delete their accounts, in fact I once quit (but obviously got talked into coming back) out of the sheer frustration of trying to get stubborn people to fall into line with tribe policy and diplomacy, and dealing with untrustworthy and unethical people.

If a tribe is to succeed, tribal leadership is not a democracy! Your leaders are in the position they are in to make the decisions for people who don't want the responsibility, but those who sit back seem to be the ones who whine and complain the most.

Coming back to my first point, some tribe leaders are arrogant prats, some are ineffective, some are trying their hardest to do something they don't fully comprehend, and some are true leaders who actually manage to get a tribe organised and motivated, but constant bickering can undermine and frustrate the best of them. It doesn't help anything, nor does abandoning a tribe where the leadership is actually working well together and trying hard to do the right thing for their members.

well thanks for your input.

But i will tell you some more. sir leandru was away for a few months, you might know him you might not ..
he has been in the HOPLO fam leadership since the start nearly, he gave up for a few months, then SCIR0N appoint a new duke for us (why they had the choice i dont know) The new duke is nayeem. for the whole 3 months nayeem is in control, he is always going on about merging with SCIR0N. And most of us do not really agree, mainly because the merge is not needed. If the merge was vital to tribe members surviving, then i would totally accept him as a duke passing the merge, But it was not.
So as a baron, i feel we should all vote as a council, as a leadership.
This was imposed, but then there were alot of arguements. So I took it to the tribal vote, as well this decision will affect the whole tribe, so why not involve them all ?

But then some more arguements break out on the council forums, about nayeem's lack of care for the tribe members, one of our greatest leaders/players stuerovic then decide's to leave as he is not needed anymore due to the merge...
I got very distressed with nayeem, and as it was evident that he would probably get his way, i moved on to HOPLON as a true Spartan should do.
Then suddenly as me and stu leave, the tribal vote is pulled down and the merge is on. even though the council voted for no merge. oh plus mine and stu's goodbye thread's were deleted, wow that shows so much respect for elder leader eh ?

oh quickly back to leandru, yes after being away for months he comes back, not really knowing much about what has changed and starts to agree with nayeem who has only been on for a few months and has not gained a great amount of respect, due to crap decision making.

I think that sort of sums it all up. not sure :S

DeletedUser

shame you havn't earned mine yet

I know why too. But anyways, I really only hated HOPLOS so I consider you guys more on neutral grounds for me. Tbh I sent a noble train to grab a village on the LFKD front. (this means I'm not noble training you ^_^)

DeletedUser

Well, if it's not a democracy and technicalities need raising then absent for 2 months or not I am still a member of the hoplo family high council and still way senior to nayeem in position and authority as in fact is stuerovic so his going violently against our wishes is an act of treason, betrayal and disobediance, wouldn't you say?

There really is no excusing this guy or his untrustworthy and unethical actions he is now the first official enemy of sparta.

He does not speak for us nor are his actions sanctioned by us.

Status
Not open for further replies.