How a tribe should be Structured and - Wait..What?

DeletedUser

How a tribe should be Structured and Organized ?

I know a great way. But guess opinions differ and thus, I wanted to discuss it with all the major tribes here. I am quite interested to have some idea about the tribal infrasturcture regarding all aspects - Military, Positional (Personel), etc etc. Even forums. Once a tribe is ranked in the Top10, and has more than 100mill points, and has a large number of players, how do the tribes here, such as Tarots, Prophets and the W2 Veterans manage it?

To be honest, I have had quite a number of conflicting views. As a result of recent Wars, there has been some major changes in the world. For example, Tutti/OhYeah! Merger resulting in The Prophets :icon_neutral:. I wonder how they managed to work out the merger with 2 Dukes. How about Tarot? They're consistently increasing their deck of villages and staying at the top. Is there a secret to their management? Would you like to tell us? and What about W2 Veterans consistency as well? I mean I am sure it is difficult to manage a tribe and yet have consistent results. Be it at War or Management of the members in the tribe.

A little bit about myself : I've been here a short while and during my time here, I noticed players have completely different attitudes to all these aspects. Well, why wouldn't they. Everyone is different. Who am I is honestly irrelevant. Every one has Aliases and so do I. ;)
Lets just say figuring out is nearly impossible and thus we shall rule out the aspect of my identity.

What I really would like to tell you is what I believe is the most effective way to run a tribe at any stage of the World. Some may agree. Others may completely disagree. So I need you opinions and I would like to have a thorough conversation with all the Leaders present in this world.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

To put it simply this would by my Structure:

1 Duke (Always the Leader) Never Changes. Unless he/she quits ofcourse.
The Duke would, ofcourse, be responsible for the entire tribe through out the tribes reign in the World. He/She would manage Recruitment, Diplomacy, Approval of Operations, etc. They may divide up their responsibilities to their Barons. However, the Duke should ALWAYS be incharge of Diplomacy! Similaryly, if he/she was also responsible for Recruitment, it would make the consistency of the Recruited Members to a Good Standard. We all know what is expected from a Duke. Calm, Cool-headed. Perfect with Management and moreover, with his members and his responsibilities.

2 Barons (One Permanent Baron & Other Baron who gets Elected every couple of months)
Roles maybe divided up by the Duke among the 2 Barons. Military Command, Operations, Forums, etc. However, the Permanent Baron would be solely responsible for the tribe in case of the absence of the Duke. He would be the Second-in-Command or may it be called the "Right-hand" Man(/Woman :icon_wink:) of the Duke.

NO COUNCILS!! Like Seriously!
^ However that is only my Opinion. What the Council system does it extend all the processes and make it too damn difficult for a tribe to be managed. In my opinion, I truly believe if the Duke & Barons are doing something for the tribe, it would be for the better of the tribe and therefore, I would trust them completely. I would trust their judgement. I would trust what they say - based on the judgement of their character (Some leaderships are rotten in all honesty). What the council does is extend the process. Make it long. "We have to consult with the Council before we can make a judgement". =| I mean why. You're the Duke/Baron FFS! You have the full authority.

"So WHY THE ---- can you not MAKE a DECISION without RUNNING BACK to your little COUNCIL MEMBERS/BARONS and ASKING THEM FOR EVERY LITTLE ----. I mean c'mon!!! You're the ------- LEADER!!!"

^^ Sorry about that. That burst of explosion was from a recent event in a tribe I am in World 56 ;). They know who they are. So I dont need to say much.

4 Forum Moderators
Why so many? Lol. 'Cuz you need them. As a result of Wars, Operations, ChitChat, etc... The Forums can get so messy and the Mods maynot be active all the time. Thus 4 different Mods would ensure correct management of the Forums and a Head Mod who would report solely to the Duke in regards to the Structure of the Forums and how things should be organized.

I had this incident just yesterday in the tribe I am in. As a result of certain events, and the slow actions of the Leaders/Council Members, "Because the members/council members will should" and die, they were not able to take any action for the tribe because of the management inconsistency because "trust" needs to be built apparently.

However, "Trust" is based on actions. Not words. Not Time.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Well, enough of that. I am curious as to how all the other tribes are organized. ^ That has always been my method and I've lead tribes till lol, cant remember how long. They've been the biggest successes in those Worlds. and here, I'm being told otherwise.

So Leaders from Tarot? W2 Veterans? The Prophets? Other tribes?

Q: Would you please like to share how your tribe is Run and Managed on a day to day basis...?
Ofcourse I understand that some of this information would be confidential.
However a brief outline is never an issue. ;)

I hope so anyway.

Sincerely,
Daemon

DeletedUser89560

A tribe without council? I don't agree, do you think Pres. Obama decides some things without consulting his advisers. The Duke and Baron should be wise but they don't know everything.

DeletedUser

Also completely disagree about no Council

Why disregard the opinions of the experienced players of the tribe? W2V probably have the biggest Council of all the Top 10 tribes and I dont think we could ever be accused of inertia in the decision making process

What you do need, as you say, is a Duke who is able to process these often differing viewpoints and come to their own decision and then be able to get that decisions message out for a tribal directive, with Barons backing this decision up publically no matter if their opinions differed from final outcome

DeletedUser

I don't think your identity is irrelevant, so I will say only this: 4 mods? Merlin, they must be inefficient as shit. :lol:
Edit; or have the tribe be big on censorship, I guess.

DeletedUser

maybe when the "council" is slowing down the process, perhaps it is intentional?

DeletedUser

A tribe without council? I don't agree, do you think Pres. Obama decides some things without consulting his advisers. The Duke and Baron should be wise but they don't know everything.

But that is a completely Democratic System taken to ensure fairness. However, this is a World were instantaneous decisions required. In RW, ofcourse there would be a difference.

I'll give you a brief example. If Tarot decided to attack me and my tribe or The Prophets as an example, you really think I would wait for the council members to come online before I can take any action against them? No. You need instantaneous decisions. And Yes, they're the leaders and they SHOULD know everything. That is their responsibility as they are the Dukes of those tribes.

I don't want to discuss Real World Politics with you since its a topic I don't think you should bring up. Especially with me. Sorry.

Also completely disagree about no Council

Why disregard the opinions of the experienced players of the tribe? W2V probably have the biggest Council of all the Top 10 tribes and I dont think we could ever be accused of inertia in the decision making process

What you do need, as you say, is a Duke who is able to process these often differing viewpoints and come to their own decision and then be able to get that decisions message out for a tribal directive, with Barons backing this decision up publically no matter if their opinions differed from final outcome

Who said the Duke is going to disregard the opinions of the experienced players? If that is really the case, then the entire tribe should be the Council for my tribe. Even inexp. players in my tribe have succeded far beyond what they thought would've been actually possible. I'm not going to give you examples. Sorry. As it relates directly to my identity.

What I completely agree with is your second paragraph. However, I wouldn't select specific members for my council. Since I'm not just managing them. I'd be managing the whole tribe so the views of all my members would be crucial to me. And in consideration with their viewpoints, I would make appropriate decisions for the tribe. A Duke should be someone well-informed, knowledgable and knows what the hell he's doing.

Ofcourse as we all know, not everyone is perfect. There may be occassional errors. However, thats there the members come in. The members are there to back the Duke/Barons up if they commit an error. That is what a Tribe is. Working together and putting all your own agenda outside. But not all players do that which creates inconsistency within a tribe.

I can understand that W2V has the biggest council and its fair. But what is required from a duke is the Intuition and also the idea of pre-cautionary steps the need to be taken in case of any emergency. That means, the duke should have steps in place even before anything happens and that is what makes a tribe great.

Members is what makes the tribe. Not the Council. ;)

I don't think your identity is irrelevant, so I will say only this: 4 mods? Merlin, they must be inefficient as shit. :lol:
Edit; or have the tribe be big on censorship, I guess.

No. 4 Mods would be only as a result of different timings and for the fact that the forums become a mess with around 50+ members. Someone needs to completely be incharge and the Duke needs to be able to assign those positions and be completely carefree about the Forums.

4 Mods include: One Head Mod and 3 others who are online at different times to monitor the conditions of the forums. I dont see an issue here though.. ;)

maybe when the "council" is slowing down the process, perhaps it is intentional?
Yes it was intentional in a certain way. The Council wait no.. actually the Leaders thought that taking actions for the immediate improvement of the tribe would create distrust for the members towards the leaders, a sa result of a certain situation which cannot be disclosed.

Actions speak louder than words as we all know. So waiting around anf making progress slowly instead of getting on with it and making sure that all the members understand what you're actually doing instead of having to discuss it with the council (the council were the ones who were objecting and becoming worried and also "shouting" apparently). The best way to setup something is to get on with it after you have a clear idea of what you're doing prior to a small explanation.

They told me "Members dont like changes" and I'm like "---- you". Changes are a part of everything. Its essential. Tarot nobles players everyday and that tribe decreases in points. Change. Woops, the members' villages are being nobled. Dislike.
No. In fact, Tarot is benefiting from the change.

What I mean to say is the leaders should be able to perceive an overall picture and work towards it instead of having to deal with nuisance. Once done and they dislike some aspects, then you may discuss to make it better. But the overall strcuture, the overall tribes infrastructure should belong to the Duke/Leaders. This allows them of be efficient in regards to everything they're doing.

DeletedUser

MoM has one Duke and 18 Barons. The rest of the people in the tribe are just peons that we spit on and laugh at.

DeletedUser

MoM has one Duke and 18 Barons. The rest of the people in the tribe are just peons that we spit on and laugh at.

Lol. I wouldn't want to comment in a rude way. However, I remember, MoM started out pretty well. They were dominating initially. I quit the world temp. at the point. RL issues.

I come back to see MoM dying. So what exactly happened? <- Pointless question I think. Tribes decided to War MoM I suppose. Did it express a lack of leadership, maybe?

Would you care to tell us/me more and provide us with an insight into the functionality of the MoM's infrastructure (if it has one) :icon_neutral:

DeletedUser

Why would you need mods online 24/7? What's gonna happen, a topic being 6 hours out of date? :lol:

Frankly, the thought that 'decisions need to be instantaneous' is utterly ridiculous. How often does a duke come across a prospective decision that needs something now instead of after one hour, or ten hours, or twenty? Hell, the few decisions that require quick responses can still be discussed. Any duke who does anything without deliberation is a fool. Any decision needs to be thought through, and if you have some council on skype I'll be the first to say that they come up with good things to consider.
As for your example... in case [T] attacks, your council should already have ready-made plans in place instead of leaving it to the last minute 'instinctive duke' to sort out :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

Why would you need mods online 24/7? What's gonna happen, a topic being 6 hours out of date? :lol:

Frankly, the thought that 'decisions need to be instantaneous' is utterly ridiculous. How often does a duke come across a prospective decision that needs something now instead of after one hour, or ten hours, or twenty? Hell, the few decisions that require quick responses can still be discussed. Any duke who does anything without deliberation is a fool. Any decision needs to be thought through, and if you have some council on skype I'll be the first to say that they come up with good things to consider.
As for your example... in case [T] attacks, your council should already have ready-made plans in place instead of leaving it to the last minute 'instinctive duke' to sort out :icon_wink:

LOL

Or instead the Duke should already have the plans thought up and discussed with ALL MEMBERS in case of a situation such as Tarot attacking and just put it into action immediately when it happens.

Whats there to discuss with the Council? on Skype? ¬¬ Nothing. Duke thinks. Duke Talks. Members Answer. Members Opiniate. Duke 'Fix'es the plan. Members Disagree. Duke Tweaks it. Members Agree. Duke Agrees. Tribe Happy. Battle Plan Ready. Tarot Attacks. We put the plan into action. Whats there to discuss with the council? Nothing. Why need a council? No reason.

Instantaneous decisions come as a result of Prior Planning. I think you are lacking insight into the topic. I suggest you read everything again. and maybe one more time. Just to confirm what you read. Then talk. :icon_surprised:

DeletedUser

Yeah, because it is feasible to ask 50 members for their opinion on every issue. We're not a democracy for a reason; a small group of experienced players can make better decisions (and faster) than 50 random people.

You seem to have an incredibly inflated opinion of the role of 'Duke'.

:icon_rolleyes: If you have prior planning, then you do not have instantaneous 'decisions', you are merely following the protocols that have previously been set up. If you want a discussion, act like it, instead of preaching to people who might possibly not be retarded.

DeletedUser

███ ███ ███ ████ ███ ██ ██████. ███ ████ ██ ███ ██████ ██ ███ █████ ███ ████ ████ ██ ████ ██ ███ █████ ██.

Much better :icon_smile:.

DeletedUser

Yeah, because it is feasible to ask 50 members for their opinion on every issue. We're not a democracy for a reason; a small group of experienced players can make better decisions than 50 random people.

You seem to have an incredibly inflated opinion of the role of 'Duke'.

:icon_rolleyes: If you have prior planning, then you do not have instantaneous 'decisions', you are merely following the protocols that have previously been set up. If you want a discussion, act like it, instead of preaching to people who might possibly not be retarded.

Lets divide your Comment into bits and talk a bit. Seems to me like you're the one who is jumping around here:

1. Yes it is feasible to talk to 50 members in the forums. For a number of reasons. Mainly, because you need to. Normally, I'd have exp. players in my tribe. So how do you pick? You don't. You talk to everyone through the forums. That is what its for. You accept and understand everything.

2. Inflated Opinion? Lol. No. Its an essential aspect. The Duke is the leader of the tribe and thus it is one of the most important aspects. So are members. Members come first and thats the 'Dukes' Role; to look after the members who've decided to follow him/her.

3. Yes you do have 'Instantaenous Decisions'. Prior Planning would only be a outline. Not every aspect of it will be discussed. That is where the Duke's 'instantaneous' decisions come in mate. Protocols are never thorough. Think before you speak.

AND NUMEBR FOUR :lol:
I'm not preaching. I am expressing my opinion after considering other opinions. That is what a discussion is.

Nub.

DeletedUser

Lol Is that really that bad? I wouldn't mind saying I have 2 or 3 Barons you know. Although I'd rather never reveal any internal information :p

The MoM leadership structure is unparalleled in it's level of awesome on world 56.

DeletedUser

The MoM leadership structure is unparalleled in it's level of awesome on world 56.

Really. :p Why don't you tell us what your awesome leadership is doing to combat those tribes against yours. :p

DeletedUser

Really. :p Why don't you tell us what your awesome leadership is doing to combat those tribes against yours. :p

Well for one, MoM is alive. A feat that considering the circumstances, is remarkable. :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Lets divide your Comment into bits and talk a bit. Seems to me like you're the one who is jumping around here:

1. Yes it is feasible to talk to 50 members in the forums. For a number of reasons. Mainly, because you need to. Normally, I'd have exp. players in my tribe. So how do you pick? You don't. You talk to everyone through the forums. That is what its for. You accept and understand everything.
I don't think you realise the scope of things handled by a big tribe. Do you discuss member's transgressions with the whole tribe too, or their bad nobling habits? What about decisions they may not like, but are best for the whole (such as forced relocations, barbwhoring bans, etc)? You accept and understand everything -- that sounds really nice, almost Zen. Sadly, it does not reflect reality regardless of your ego.

2. Inflated Opinion? Lol. No. Its an essential aspect. The Duke is the leader of the tribe and thus it is one of the most important aspects. So are members. Members come first and thats the 'Dukes' Role; to look after the members who've decided to follow him/her.
Um, yes. What's your point here? That the duke is important? Never denied it.

3. Yes you do have 'Instantaenous Decisions'. Prior Planning would only be a outline. Not every aspect of it will be discussed. That is where the Duke's 'instantaneous' decisions come in mate. Protocols are never thorough. Think before you speak.
Uh, every aspect will be discussed, actually. Protocols/plans are thorough, otherwise you sell your tribe short. Think before you make sweeping judgements about 'how it should be' :icon_rolleyes:

AND NUMEBR FOUR :lol:
I'm not preaching. I am expressing my opinion after considering other opinions. That is what a discussion is.

Nub.
Yeah, because calling people 'nub' is contributing to the discussion. See also:
LOL
Whats there to discuss with the Council? on Skype? ¬¬ Nothing. Duke thinks. Duke Talks. Members Answer. Members Opiniate. Duke 'Fix'es the plan. Members Disagree. Duke Tweaks it. Members Agree. Duke Agrees. Tribe Happy. Battle Plan Ready. Tarot Attacks. We put the plan into action. Whats there to discuss with the council? Nothing. Why need a council? No reason.
[..]I think you are lacking insight into the topic. I suggest you read everything again. and maybe one more time. Just to confirm what you read. Then talk. :icon_surprised:
Yeah, that sounds like you are genuinely looking for other opinions, right there. :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Alive? :p Are you sure about that? What section of the world? I can't seem to locate them at all. ;P

On the auto-updating maps they're in K44. Big ass red blob. It's sort of hard to miss them.