How did TW grab you?

DeletedUser

I joined because I saw a random thread on battrick (a cricket management game) about tw. Started playing w7 in May 2007 I think, had no clue what I was doing but still somehow managed to end up with a playable account into mid-game. The benefits of starting together with a bunch of people (and I hate to say it but mature and settled people) who know each other well from elsewhere are great and we never really looked back. Met some real interesting folks along the way which to be honest is at least half the appeal, at some point we will start a new world again I am sure, the beginning of W16 was the most fun I ever had here despite multiple successive top 10 accounts since and infamous rimmings, nothing quite compares to the excitement of starting a new tribe with old friends and making a success of it.

In terms of being 'addicted' I'm not so sure, I'm passed the days of an hourly alarm call on my mobile day and night to check and do things, getting rimmed does not hold the morbid fear it did when I first joined, kind of see tw as a hobby these days and I enjoy getting out of it what I can when I can, certainly don't worry about it when I'm not here.

DeletedUser35307

I played a game called Kingdoms of War. It was a downloaded game, that had rounds. They had a few errors, and a lot of downtime between rounds, so i decided to quit (so did a lot of members). But before i left, i checked the forum. Someone had found TW and suggested it to us. I joined world 1, and when world two started i joined that world as well.

If i had never found TW...I would finish all my school work, get better grades, and end up in a good college. Not to mention spend some time outside and not be as pale as a ghost.

DeletedUser

I was playing random games and I saw an ad and clicked on it. I wasn't to sure what it was at first but i like it now. I started a small 40k christian tribe and im addicted.

world33-UNWAVE | world36-WoV

2hot2handle

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Dejavu anyone? is for me anyhow, I joined the late Beta, then played w1, and well the rest is obvious as i am still here, cant get away from this game dispite all the chances i have, somehow it always drags me back, cursed game i swear.

It's pretty scary actually to read so many goodbye threads only to see them return a week or so later.

I think in the relatively short time I've been around , compared to others , I have seen so many people supposedly quit and not one person I can think of has succeeded in staying away for long.

Although with college, uni and career commitments coming up for many. I see a reunion thread in 10 years time - TWs Reunited .
Can you imagine instead of geeky pics to mull over we'll have nooby posts and reports to laugh at.

And I already explained what grabbed me to TW's in a previous thread ... I never dreamed I would ever play an online game EVA !! that was for geeks and no-lifers ! :icon_eek: yet I have met some of the most amazing people to talk to within this game and to say I dont play online games this one is really getting me hooked. :icon_neutral:

<3

DeletedUser

I was an addict to Runescape, as lame as that sounds, eventually I realised how dumb it was. My friend introduced me to TW, and I only created an acc in W20 and barely played it up until, he told me that if you inactive for awhile you get deleted. I figured out why not give it a try, in the end I enjoyed it an was devasted when I got nobled out of W20.

Now I keep to W33.

DeletedUser

I dont know how the hell i found this game but i wish i never did im too addicted :S

like in this w (world 33) waited up till 4am to make sure i didnt noble myself so i could dodge lol!

But also passes the day and i enjoy meeting new people i guess and make them my slaves

DeletedUser

fungas likes to think he has slaves ..... he's really just an overgrown 5 year old girl who found ehr dads steriods .... as demonstrated in the avatar.

DeletedUser

fungas likes to think he has slaves ..... he's really just an overgrown 5 year old girl who found ehr dads steriods .... as demonstrated in the avatar.

:lol: I thought that was just the result of him trying to chat up openeye... :icon_rolleyes: