How many dukes, barons, diplomats?

DeletedUser

There is something big going on currently in my tribe, there is an arguement about how many dukes barons and diplomats.

They currently debate about:

1duke
3barons
1 diplo

2 dukes
2 barons
1 diplo

or

3 dukes
1 baron
0 diplo

which do you think is best?

Herucles

1 duke

3 barons

2 diplomats.\
\\\

there will be 150 people in the tribe for god's sake...

DeletedUser

I wouldn't trust anyone else with Duke-ship for the first while, so I would say 1 duke, 3 barons, and a diplomat.

DeletedUser54418

1 duke, no barons, the duke is the diplomat. Unless you got luckly enough to in a tribe with a player you trust.

DeletedUser

I'd say 1 Duke, 3 Barons and 1 diplomat.

But I'd wait until I trust people before deciding.

-Karma* :icon_wink:

cam sadge

There isn't really any difference between a baron and duke now. As duke use to be able to disband the tribe they can't even dismiss anyone so the worst thing they could really do is delete the forums.

DeletedUser

why?

the tribe can't be disbanded, and no-one can be kicked for 3 months...

Still, having Duke-ship can really inflate some peoples heads, and I'd want to actually know the players before I put them in a position where they might start being really bossy, etc., which would give the tribe a worse feel. At the end of th 3 months people might leave.

It's true dukes can't do much, but I would still want to leave people on a lower position than me until I was sure they could handle the duke position without being power hungry or corrupted, etc.

And, they would have the power to demote me, I believe, and that would be bad, as at the end of three months they would have all the power.

DeletedUser

I personally am thinking a 2 3 1 or a 3-2-1

because there are 100 members and its going to be about winning over the most members I feel there are a few ways that this can pan out

1 person will obviously have the most experience and be the best choice.. An example of this would be Tharn, or someone of the like.

A few people will have a lot of experience and it will come down to a bid between them... Usually this will result in an alliance and a co rule or something of the like in order to not split up the tribe, unless someone is completely incompetent.

1 Person will be elected to keep the tribe going while the tribe continues to find the best person to lead, at which point the first duke will stay on as duke for moderation purposes or will step down thus making sure there is no hasty decision on who is duke.

No real leadership appears and the person who spams the most becomes duke.

Obviously the top three are preferable to the last one.

The first will usually result in a 1-3-1 or the like...

the second will usually result in a 2-3-1, 3-2-1 or something of the like

the third will usually result in a 2-3-1 or a 1-3-1

and the last will result in like a 1-8-9 or 20-2-1 or a 1-0-0 depending on who the noob is :icon_razz:

thats just my opinion n the subject

DeletedUser40878

1 duke
1-2 barons
1 diplomat

thats all you really need.

exactly. however.. :

San Christian today at 19:17

I suggest to start with we will need:
A Duke,
3-4 Barons,
Two main recruiters,
One Diplomat
and
Two Forum moderators.

ANORTHOSIATIS today at 19:25
I sugest 2 dukes 2 barons, 2 recruiters, 2 diplomats and 1 forum modaretor

doruk13 today at 19:23

I think two main recruiters are too many, and we definately do not need 3-4 barons. I think 2 barons will be more than enough, and one diplomat, no recruiter needed, we won't be a mass-recruiting tribe. There will be council members however, and they'll have a say in the plans of the tribe

DeletedUser

exactly. however.. :

San Christian today at 19:17

I suggest to start with we will need:
A Duke,
3-4 Barons,
Two main recruiters,
One Diplomat
and
Two Forum moderators.

ANORTHOSIATIS today at 19:25
I sugest 2 dukes 2 barons, 2 recruiters, 2 diplomats and 1 forum modaretor

doruk13 today at 19:23

I think two main recruiters are too many, and we definately do not need 3-4 barons. I think 2 barons will be more than enough, and one diplomat, no recruiter needed, we won't be a mass-recruiting tribe. There will be council members however, and they'll have a say in the plans of the tribe

recruiters are not needed at this part the game, as no one can leave their assigned tribe.

and I personally like a 1:2 or 2:3 ratio Duke to barons.

The first is because if you have one duke, and 2 barons, then there is more trust up there and the barons are directly responsible to that Duke. likewise, you can have 2 Dukes, each personally directing 2 individual Barons.

The second is so that the one Duke has someone fully qualified through current experience to replace him if need be, and that person also controls the balance of power. And the three barons are not too much, and there can be no ties on decisions with 5 aristocracy.

I also say that one baron is diplomat, and he has one or 2 assistants. This ensures that there is someone to immediately replace one of the Barons if they are indisposed, and that the one diplomat also has people who can help sort through alliances, NAPs, etc. Furthermore, you want to have a stepping stone of rising through the ranks. You want to have people whom you trust in your leading positions. The stepping stone ensures that people have something to gain. When you climb a ladder, you hardly ever start at the top, you start at the bottom and begin climbing.

DeletedUser

Still, having Duke-ship can really inflate some peoples heads, and I'd want to actually know the players before I put them in a position where they might start being really bossy, etc., which would give the tribe a worse feel. At the end of th 3 months people might leave.

It's true dukes can't do much, but I would still want to leave people on a lower position than me until I was sure they could handle the duke position without being power hungry or corrupted, etc.

And, they would have the power to demote me, I believe, and that would be bad, as at the end of three months they would have all the power.

yeah, you are right

shows how much thought I put into my post :p

DeletedUser

I never saw the points with diplomats and such specific jobs. What do you have a duke for in that case?

DeletedUser

I never saw the points with diplomats and such specific jobs. What do you have a duke for in that case?

controlling/appinting them, leading the tribe. you don't want a random player making alliances with a 1k point tribe and angering a 10 mill point tribe. The fact is that some players are really good dukes and appoint good people into the neccessary positions. Others, though, just put friends into them.:icon_rolleyes: