I met your mom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Undead Billy Mays

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Since the original post contained personal attacks toward a player (or, rather, an entire group of players) without any real political substance (except perhaps suggesting that every member of SuitUp is a loyal member of the cult of Nauzhror, which is humorous yet not even remotely close enough to the truth to be actually deserving of any real retort) this thread has quickly derailed into "Don't insult us," "There were no insults," "Stop falling back to nitpicking on personal attacks because you can't retort," and other such nonsense.

As such, I will put an end to it all now with meaningless rebuttals and in depth details about my life. Because I'm a nice person like that.

Are you serious right now? This should be good

We do have lives, I assure you. I'm a Computer Science student with an amazing girlfriend--who, for some reason, puts up with my horrible gaming addiction and my serious superiority complex--and tons of past times that--despite my gaming addiction and heavily computer-based major--don't deal with technology. These include poetry, art, paintball, and most recently, weight lifting.

We do eat, and some of us quite often. I, if you're interested, eat 3000 calories, with near 200g worth of protein on days I work out (Monday, Wednesday, and Friday) and 1800 calories, with roughly 180g worth of protein, on days I don't work out.

Thank you for that meaningless yet informally informative information. You have me very curious right now if upper body is Mondays and Fridays and lower body is Wednesdays. Maybe a heavy cardio day could be mixed in there somewhere. For a really good calorie burn i recommend spin class. Also make sure your protein has a high nitrogen content, it tends to hit your muscles better in their anabolic peak.

I do not know Nauzhror enough to comment on his eating habits nor his body weight, but the very few photos flying around TW that I recall showing did not depict anybody I would have considered having an eating disorder.

Now your other Aunt and Uncle played in Uncle Nauz's shadow, ha yes
i know everyone is in his shadow now due to his eating habit.[/QUOTE
I already covered this, above...

Oh jesus... If i were making a personal attack on Nauz's physique I would need to know Nauz's physique. I quite simply created a fictional futuristic senario in which Nauz is a crunch time overeater. Is this true to life, I have no idea as it was fiction. I doubt the Abe Lincoln fans put up this much of a fuss when Seth Grahame-Smith decided he should slay vampires in a fictional story. Did you ever once look for the allegorical approach with this? I was hoping not to have to point out the what i thought obvious but apparently way too intelligently subtle meaning of eat/startup/villages/shadow/growth. I'll try to dumb down my posts from here on out

Actually, Nauz's playstyle, while rather good, is different from my own, as well as many other players. But "build stuff smart and farm for resources" is pretty much universal, so if by doing that we're following his lead, then yes, guilty as charged. My play style is actually heavily influenced by my time in uTeach, and some time talking about farming strategies with James Childs. Since then, I've grown as a player, and have learned more through my various scripting attempts than I could have hoped.

I'm quite surprised at the inability for some posters here to take a joke in good stride. There is no reason to need to break everything down to a literal level.

...The "point" is playfully hidden, and follows a remark on how she was on a corner, so can be neglected as nothing more than an attempt to wittily circumvent the rules. This would be insulting, if I didn't hate my mother. She cheated on my father and kidnapped my little brother, so you're partly right... But I'm sure myself aside, the majority of my tribe actually like their mothers.

Unless your one of those two kids then no, you would be wrong.

I imagine the reason you immediately assume we all have no lives, go without food, mimic Nauzhror, and have whores as mothers, is because we're all better than you, and you blame your poor rank on things like "Having to work" or "Having to eat" or "Having a life." I assure, that is not why you suck. You're just not any good at the game.

Hopefully now, this has all been laid to rest. If you want to learn how to do both juggle a life and play a game competently, shoot one of us a message.

I lol'd a bit. I have made zero reference to anything about my playstyle, dedication to the game, skill level, tribe, etc etc etc. I had a little fun as forums has always been fun for me to post in. You and I have not crossed paths to my knowledge on any world. I myself am probably a bit rusty as its been close to a year since i've started a world.

Hopefully we relaid this to rest for a bit, If you want to obtain a sense of humor before posting again it would be appreciated. If you want some simple steps to try and grow that - shoot me a message ;)

I'm afraid the only ignorant one here is you. Nauz is not fat.

Please read the above

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I can't help but feel that there's a slightly overzealous bandwagon defensiveness surfacing here.
I interpreted the original post as containing merely a lighthearted nod -- to take UBM's comment seriously as a sincere attack on weight for someone he barely knows would surely be folly -- to a noteworthy payer who does indeed cast a shadow (now, let's not read negativity in my phrasing here) amongst his tribe in his forum and in-game presence. Had it been me mentioned, I'd have chuckled and been happy to see any vaguely creative posts in this forum.

Let's not let this forum become a no-fun zone, please -- it's dull enough already.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I am not sure where you're getting your "information" but you sir have been grossly misinformed; None of us Mirror Nauz's start-up style, not even Nauz himself. This is because he, like all of us here at Suit-Up!, are aware that each start-up differs from the next based on a number of factors such as location, density, world speed etc. I certainly was not given some sort of magical Nauzhror blueprint for start-up and, being that nothing of the sort exists, I highly doubt any of my mates here did either, So all I can ascertain from your ridiculous claims is that perhaps someone is taking our "NauzBot" JOKES just a little bit too literal. :icon_rolleyes:

To clear it up, he does not play all of our accounts/we are not really bots/we do not pee in bedpans to gain rank... we simply work really well together and have a great deal of very experienced players who are willing to take care of each other, especially the newer players within our exceptional tribe.

Firstly miss stupidhead, the information that I was providing is to help evertosword to understand the joke that UBM is trying to get accross. the fact that you all took it to heart and are offended acually raises eyebrows, the guilty usually jump to false conclusions. and with that please clear up for me, with your statement that I put in bold, if he doesn't play all of the accounts how many does he play 5 or 6?

as of this superior group of players... who are they.. your not trying to include yourself in there are you, cause that would be cute. to have a player of your "calliber" talking about superior players... if you want I could get you their autographs.

DeletedUser

Firstly miss stupidhead, the information that I was providing is to help evertosword to understand the joke that UBM is trying to get accross. the fact that you all took it to heart and are offended acually raises eyebrows, the guilty usually jump to false conclusions. and with that please clear up for me, with your statement that I put in bold, if he doesn't play all of the accounts how many does he play 5 or 6?

as of this superior group of players... who are they.. your not trying to include yourself in there are you, cause that would be cute. to have a player of your "calliber" talking about superior players... if you want I could get you their autographs.

You have us all wrong... we are laughing to the point of tears at the absurdness of your posts.

Also, I can assure you that the great, most awesome, and fat Nauz only plays his own account.

carriestupidhead

I can only assume this is not a real question so I'll move on to the next...

...Are you saying I'm a poor player? Is there some specific reason you have such a low opinion of my skill-level? Am I to assume you feel yourself a better player than I? It's really difficult to respond to your vague attacks on my allegedly low-level game play, when all I see are a bunch of factless insults being strung together. So go ahead and expand on that? Don't worry, I'll "cute"-ly wait. :)

DeletedUser

I can't help but feel that there's a slightly overzealous bandwagon defensiveness surfacing here.
I interpreted the original post as containing merely a lighthearted nod -- to take UBM's comment seriously as a sincere attack on weight for someone he barely knows would surely be folly -- to a noteworthy payer who does indeed cast a shadow (now, let's not read negativity in my phrasing here) amongst his tribe in his forum and in-game presence. Had it been me mentioned, I'd have chuckled and been happy to see any vaguely creative posts in this forum.

Let's not let this forum become a no-fun zone, please -- it's dull enough already.

Couldn`t have said it better myself :)

Altough I have started to wonder if LastApparatus is just trolling or not.

DeletedUser13939

Since the original post contained personal attacks toward a player (or, rather, an entire group of players) without any real political substance (except perhaps suggesting that every member of SuitUp is a loyal member of the cult of Nauzhror, which is humorous yet not even remotely close enough to the truth to be actually deserving of any real retort) this thread has quickly derailed into "Don't insult us," "There were no insults," "Stop falling back to nitpicking on personal attacks because you can't retort," and other such nonsense.

As such, I will put an end to it all now with meaningless rebuttals and in depth details about my life. Because I'm a nice person like that.

We do have lives, I assure you. I'm a Computer Science student with an amazing girlfriend--who, for some reason, puts up with my horrible gaming addiction and my serious superiority complex--and tons of past times that--despite my gaming addiction and heavily computer-based major--don't deal with technology. These include poetry, art, paintball, and most recently, weight lifting.

We do eat, and some of us quite often. I, if you're interested, eat 3000 calories, with near 200g worth of protein on days I work out (Monday, Wednesday, and Friday) and 1800 calories, with roughly 180g worth of protein, on days I don't work out.

I do not know Nauzhror enough to comment on his eating habits nor his body weight, but the very few photos flying around TW that I recall seeing did not depict anybody I would have considered having an eating disorder.

I already covered this, above...

Actually, Nauz's playstyle, while rather good, is different from my own, as well as many other players. But "build stuff smart and farm for resources" is pretty much universal, so if by doing that we're following his lead, then yes, guilty as charged. My play style is actually heavily influenced by my time in uTeach, and some time talking about farming strategies with James Childs. Since then, I've grown as a player, and have learned more through my various scripting attempts than I could have hoped.

...Well, now you're just calling my mother a whore. The "point" is playfully hidden, and follows a remark on how she was on a corner, so can be neglected as nothing more than an attempt to wittily circumvent the rules. This would be insulting, if I didn't hate my mother. She cheated on my father and kidnapped my little brother, so you're partly right... But I'm sure myself aside, the majority of my tribe actually like their mothers.

However, while I thank you for taking an interest in our lives, I hope the above is sufficient enough to prove that it is entirely possible for a player to have a life, eat, and not follow Nauz blindly.

I imagine the reason you immediately assume we all have no lives, go without food, mimic Nauzhror, and have whores as mothers, is because we're all better than you, and you blame your poor rank on things like "Having to work" or "Having to eat" or "Having a life." I assure, that is not why you suck. You're just not any good at the game.

Hopefully now, this has all been laid to rest. If you want to learn how to do both juggle a life and play a game competently, shoot one of us a message.

...L.A...I'll never be able to talk to you the same way again. o_O

DeletedUser13939

Couldn`t have said it better myself :)

Altough I have started to wonder if LastApparatus is just trolling or not.

No...I'm pretty sure he was serious.

Wait... L.A., is there going to be a pop quiz later on your personal life? O:

LastApparatus

Yes. All SuitUp members are to stop production of resource pits immediately. Build only spears and swords. We attack when the sun rises.

carriestupidhead

Yes. All SuitUp members are to stop production of resource pits immediately. Build only spears and swords. We attack when the sun rises.

Troops? Awww, SHUCKS!! ...I was thinking we could just win this one with our good looks. :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

I think some people are reading this too literally. UBM is not actually insulting anyone with this post, he is using figurative statements. If you read more into it than what is on the surface, and especially think about in-game applications of the jokes he is making, it might become more clear.

Please do not complain any more about him insulting anyone. If you would like to discuss that particular issue further, please PM either UBM or me about it. In general, if you think someone is breaking the rules you should report it and leave it there. Don't post about it because if they are breaking the rules, I will end up removing both their post and your complaint about it. You complaining just makes more work for me, and I may start warning for it as it's not necessary.

As a general rule, you really shouldn't read any of UBM's PnP as literal. If you're reading a UBM PnP literally, you're doing it wrong.

Hybrid Soul

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
For some reason Sp.ags reply got deleted so my response means nothing....So move along. Nothing to see here!

Thanks for the heads up Sp.ag!
:icon_wink:

Last edited:

DeletedUser

it was all very light hearted, though it shows how PnP has changed during my two year holiday of TW.....

Undead Billy Mays

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I think what we have learned here is that with certain (not to be named players) is that you must talk about them in a clearly defined positive light at all times otherwise they will come out in force and defend blindly. What I mean by defend blindly is automatically associate themselves to the most degraded character when they weren't mentioned at all. I am neither a fan of nor a critic of Nauz. He was the only person even mentioned in my original post and for that he's the only person who realistically had any right to be confused as far as his role in the story even though i thought it was very clearly defined that nobody played the part of the children or the mother. I will give apology to the fact that you might have misinterpreted what I had written as it was meant in no way a slight against you personally.

Posters seem to complain every time a pro-Nauz thread goes up, calling them fanboy threads but when something not even really negative, more neutral in content comes out everyone is up in arms. For a tribe named after one of the show's character's tagline, you don't really identify with it very well. Instead of suiting up and putting on your big boy and big girl clothes everyone seemed to want to run and cry to to the adults. I think you should change your name back to Queens.

Several comments have been made about how PnP has changed over the past few years. First with Dwarf King who tried to insult my original post with implied claims that he was in some way superior to me in that topic. Most recently right above me with nothing negative said at all (thank you) I think what has changed about pnp is the sensitivity to it. There seems to be an attitude that we should all hold hands out here and sing Kumbaya. In game most of you roar like lions in the way you play, in the way you talk, etc etc. Out here your acting like the players you attack. Why me, why are you attacking me, please don't attack me, i worked so hard, I have feelings.

Thats is my last post in this thread unless arises a ridiculous response where I am compelled to reply. I am very disappointed with the amount of crying from top tier players.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

After some further review I have decided to close this thread. Despite the three pages of discussion, the actual point of the PnP has barely been discussed and I highly doubt it will be.

While creative PnPs are encouraged, I would request that you not make them at the cost of others. Especially, you should try not to insult anyone. We do allow in-game insults, such as calling someone a noob or that sort of thing, but we do not allow personal or 'real-life' insults.
And remember, what might otherwise be a great PnP - no matter whether it is within the rules or not - is a worthless PnP if it annoys or offends people to the point where productive discussion is impossible. This advice goes for everybody.

If you would like to ensure your PnP will not cause problems, you can PM it to me before you post it, or do the same by messaging me on Skype.

Status
Not open for further replies.