I quit. Err again

DeletedUser

Most of my friends by now know that i quit back in late January/early February because my parents split, so i went through a fair amount of crap, and only got resettled properly in April, and only got a laptop in early July.

Except this time i am quitting myself, my own decision.

And yet, i find myself quitting because of the 1 thing i always hated people quitting for. Incomings. I can handle incomings easily enough myself. But, they take up a lot of time. Before, whenever i saw a player quit because of incomings, i always saw it as cowardice, pathetic and a lot of other things. But, yesterday when i found myself trying to (and failing miserably cause im not used to the lag of this laptop - seriously, try changing laptop to one that only has 250 meg of ram and try sniping, its freaking hard to get used to) snipe a <200ms train, it hit me.

I am letting TW rule my life again. I went out the other day to my friends, and when he offered for me to go round to his again last night, for in a few days time, i found myself say no. I realised i was shouting at my mom because she wanted to use the laptop and i wouldnt let her, because of a few hundred incomings. I found myself telling my gf that id talk later, rather than then, cause i was busy, dodging and sniping. Shes gone to Russia again today, to go see her nan, who has catterax (however you spell it) and i wont see her for at least a weeks time from now, and i turned down talking to her because of a browser game. Ive been sitting 3 different accounts the past few days as well, which is something i swore never to do again when i came back.

Furthermore, i am starting college in like a weeks time from now. If i am getting pissy cause of incomings when i got some time to myself, im gonna be screwed when im at college, and hardly be able to get on weekdays, cause of being at college till like 4pm and then having to do homework, and still having a life (ie seeing friends and gf) so being online for a max of like 2 hours a day, unless i go back to having no life and messing up my schooling.

Yes, i did play tribalwars, during term time, quite effectively before i quit. However, that was mainly due to the fact i didnt have a life. Firstly, i didnt like going out because, well, i dont want to into it but all ill say is i didnt trust my father being alone with my mother, and theres also the fact that iwas letting tw rule my life. Trust me, if anyone else finds themselves sitting over 5 accounts during war time, like i did when DE-FI was fighting SSDD, just stop. dont make the same mistakes i did and sit infront of a computer all day wasting your life away.

Now, there is also the point - there are sitters for a reason. However, i do not feel at all happy to make all of my friends sit me whenever i have incomings because i like to have a life. I have been the sitt-ee before and know it isnt pleasant to be used, so dont want to do it myself, as it would be highly hypocrytical.

I would like to thank the members of FearUs for attacking me, and making me realise i cant cope before TW fully owns my life again. I would also like to thank all those who have sat me last night, and today, i would like to thank all of my friends, who have fought beside me, and all those who have gave me advise along the way. it has been a pleasure.

But, for now at least. I am quitting.

PS before i quit, i would like to say, i havent been playing the silentfrost account now for a while. I have infact been playing a different account. Also, to light one. We all know in NoProb that it is you on the farmer giles account.

I will still troll these forums, and be on skype, as i dont think ill ever be able to fully leave TW. Also, i talk to my gf on skype most of the time, cause its cheaper than texting or phoning each other :p

If you want to get ahold of me on skype, my username is:

robertrobrobert1

Goodbye,

- Rob

DeletedUser

wow bobby mate i know how u feel, i quit wen i was duke of a tribe on world 1 because i think my gf was a little pissed off with this game, at first u try to tel them " i dont want to watch your celabraty cooking progrms with u im happy on here" but after a wile your family or real life issus are going to get in the way of u and your tribal wars glory.
so i feel for u mate i understand u dont want to be a tribal loser, its all or nothing.
but anyway , wot makes u and as u say your whole tribe think light one is on my acount?
is it because we are both awsome?
or both mouthy ?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

1) swearing even when starred out is against the rules. change it before petn or IYA see it
2) the fact your both mouthy

DeletedUser

k thanks mate, wel im farmer Giles, iv only had a sitter for about 2 weeks since i started on this world 11 months ago

DeletedUser

Errr...I should probably reciprocate what you said in my leaving thread...but I dont think I will.

Good luck in RL...

DeletedUser

I lol'd at the girl friend part :)

I went on tribalwars at my gf's house before to play. There is time for life and tribalwars, you just need a gf who understands sending a few hundred attacks at a certain time of day is crucial :icon_cool:

DeletedUser

compeltley right there real life and theirs the game....
you made the right choice, its why a lot of people don't by premium or go on so much... its just a game

good luck and have fun in colledge hope everything goes wel

DeletedUser

See ya bobby . Never played ingame with you but you were a delight to speak to and debate with on the forums.

nakki pappa

it takes more than you'd think to quit TW, hope you did the right thing.

good luck in RL.

DeletedUser

Errr...I should probably reciprocate what you said in my leaving thread...but I dont think I will.

Good luck in RL...

Yeah, thanks for not being a douche like i was to you. My opinion of you has changed a lot fair amount over the last few weeks. I still dont like you, but your a lot better than i previously thought

I lol'd at the girl friend part :)

I went on tribalwars at my gf's house before to play. There is time for life and tribalwars, you just need a gf who understands sending a few hundred attacks at a certain time of day is crucial :icon_cool:

The thing is, Lisa dont even care about me playing tw. she was even gonna start playing herself O.O

Its just the part, where i chose a game over her, thats made me think i need to stop. Dont get me wrong, i love the game still, but i need to stop before i start letting tw take over other things, again

compeltley right there real life and theirs the game....
you made the right choice, its why a lot of people don't by premium or go on so much... its just a game

good luck and have fun in colledge hope everything goes wel

Thanks. I never once actually bought premium, ive just had good friends along the way (on that note, id like to thank stokie1978, the original townsens, and the orginal brandon88 (if he still reads these) for sending me the majority of the premium i got), i made sigs and i also used gratispay for my pp

thanks about college as well, i should do well

See ya bobby . Never played ingame with you but you were a delight to speak to and debate with on the forums.

TGAM, thanks for the positive feedback.. thing. But im gonna offer you some advise, like i did with bbage2. Stop being a troll. Your a nice enough guy from reading your posts on here, but, 90% of them were always to bash tiger.

it takes more than you'd think to quit TW, hope you did the right thing.

good luck in RL.

All it requires is common sense for the most part. For one of the first times in my life, ive decided to do whats right, instead of whats easy.

you'll be missed.

(when tiger32k will do the same thing ?)

o_O wth youve been reading the forums. i didnt think any old rivea mems ever did that... lol

Though i must ask, what do you have against tiger? if you actually talk to tiger hes a really nice person

DeletedUser67788

I am letting TW rule my life again.

When TW affects any facet of your RL at all, then it is definitely time to quit. You are smart enough to realize that and do something about it. Make sure you stay gone.

Stop by and say hey on skype every now n then and stuff yea?

rickyson1

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
When TW affects any facet of your RL at all, then it is definitely time to quit. You are smart enough to realize that and do something about it. Make sure you stay gone.

bit off topic but was scrolling through the forum list and thought it said by harlos instead of by hazad :lol:

uh cya bobby turnip

DeletedUser

Enjoy. :icon_razz:

PS, bit offtopic but youre still playing ricky?

rickyson1

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Enjoy. :icon_razz:

PS, bit offtopic but youre still playing ricky?

not really,i didn't play at all for a long time,started on w50 a few days ago but im on the rim and dont even have premium right now so doubt ill play very long there.

DeletedUser

DAMMIT BOBBEH. I WANT TO INFRACT SOME PEOPLE D:

Its sad to see you go lol, since you were the only few people alive on these forums o_O

DeletedUser

good bye again

its more of a cya l8r andy, im still gonna be on skype

Thing is, i personally dont mind sacrificing some time for this game, because i genuinely enjoy it, otherwise i wouldnt have taken like 40 villages off darb24m in like a week (i have been playing the madmaz acocunt for a while). But, it has begun to effect my life again, hence ive decided to quit. permantly

As i just said, and said in the first post, and in another post on this thread :p, im gonna be on skype a fair amount anyway, its the main way i speak to Lisa without being face to face (phone sucks, costs too much and the walls are so thick in the building im in you get terrible reception)

DAMMIT BOBBEH. I WANT TO INFRACT SOME PEOPLE D:

Its sad to see you go lol, since you were the only few people alive on these forums o_O

you wanted to infract lil ol me? well, ill still be trolling these forums a little, for a while at least, never been able to go cold turkey on anything, plus, i really enjoy the tw community. and unlike the actual game, i can walk away for a day or 2 and know everything will still be ok. so i can see myself being on these forums for a long time to come

DeletedUser

TGAM, thanks for the positive feedback.. thing. But im gonna offer you some advise, like i did with bbage2. Stop being a troll. Your a nice enough guy from reading your posts on here, but, 90% of them were always to bash tiger.

Thanks for the advice. Dont be offended if i choose not to take it tho:icon_cool: