Ideas In Helping New Players Keep Interest

• Thread starter Sentient Sentinal
  • Start date

DeletedUser

How would that even work?

How can you tell for sure if an account was a merge?

It is simple enough for moderators to see who is logging into what account, banning coplaying is easy.
As for being able to tell if it is a merge, that would be up to the moderators.

Look alot of Players Go to top 10 without Co-players and account merges. They are just simply great players. So dont see why you Burn Co playing eventually these guys are not Gods they can be brought down to their knees.

I did not suggest they did, but how can a player compete with some of these guys? How can a noob compete with no flags? how can a noob compete without help? ect

As I said in my original post however, It should also come down to the community to help out.Im sure I read somewhere in this post, something like, "If we don't do it, someone else will".

It would be very easy for tribes to refuse entry for players using moral bashers. Why don't they? Because they want to gain advantage over the noobs.

TW created moral to help smaller players and large players are ignoring this. Negating the effects by using moral bashers.

velibor

I think there are a number of ways to help new players, but the backlash from experienced players would mean none of them get done.
1. Ban coplayers - It used to be ok when there was one or 2 players on an account, but these days it can up up to 4,5,6,7 and how can any new player compete when they may not know anybody?
I know players will argue that they don't have time to play ect... but its got to the point where people are using it to gain too bigger advantage and therefore it must be cut out for all.
2. Ban transferring flags - As pointed out, why do experienced players need any more help
3. Ban merging accounts - particularly early on where 2 players grow a village each then merge to gain advantage.
4. stop creating new worlds. - sorry but too many worlds. If all the players played on 1 world, imagine the fun.
If a player loses his village then he has to restart, not jump to the next world.
Combine this with no coplayers, everyone will have there own account, and you could end up with lots more players, lots more war and lots more fun.

The problem for me though has to be the community, and how we respond to new players, and more importantly veterans and how they respond.
TW made a world designed for noobs, the experienced players went there for an easy time.
TW made moral to help noobs who don't grow so fast, experienced players hired moral bashers.
TW made rims, so if a player gets rimmed they end up on it (meaning more noobs on the rim), players now wait to start a world days later so they end iup on the rim where its easier.

TW can do whatever it wants, but unless we support them then there is nothing they can do.
Only place where that would actually work is on no fake, no haul, no p2w worlds...

rodelxxz

You simply have to play a few more worlds in order to COMPETE and be good at the game. You just cant be good by playing your 1st world, it would take some time and of course you will be rimmed. Everything else is part of the game nothing more nothing less.

DeletedUser114584

It is simple enough for moderators to see who is logging into what account, banning coplaying is easy.
As for being able to tell if it is a merge, that would be up to the moderators.
How exactly is it easy? People can use a variety of places to access their account, i cant see how you can prove whos playing on the account at a given time...
I cant see the mods wanting to turn into detectives....

1. Doesn't matter, people use VPS/VPN and invite a friend now via e-mail to be near him, reported such things from main account but is no way to prove it.
3. You simply delete one of the accounts and you make a deal to share the second one.

I kinda meant how can detect if someone has merged, i know what an actual merge is..

DeletedUser

You simply have to play a few more worlds in order to COMPETE and be good at the game. You just cant be good by playing your 1st world, it would take some time and of course you will be rimmed. Everything else is part of the game nothing more nothing less.

You can play all the worlds you want, but if your killed off before you can get into the game, then its very easy to lose interest.

Players need time to practice, time to play, and these days they get killed off fairly quickly without a chance to get into the game.

I just looked at the top 5 players on this world. 3 of them 60% state they are coplayed on their profile, and 1 of them has at least 3 bashers.

So TW introduces moral so smaller players have a chance, and Why Me? hires 3 bashers to help him attack those smaller players. In effect negating the rules and hurting new inexperienced players.

in effect its 4 against 1 noob, why would any player want to continue playing a game at which he has no chance?

DeletedUser

How exactly is it easy? People can use a variety of places to access their account, i cant see how you can prove whos playing on the account at a given time... I cant see the mods wanting to turn into detectives....

IP addresses are also linked to a location. Therefore, if somebody has an IP address in the US, then all of a sudden they log out and the next IP address is in like the UK, it's pretty simple to distinguish that those are two different people. You can even see the last 10 or 20 logins on your account. If you use a mobile app, it will most likely have different addresses on there but the location will be relatively close. Much closer than continents apart :icon_wink:

DeletedUser114584

IP addresses are also linked to a location. Therefore, if somebody has an IP address in the US, then all of a sudden they log out and the next IP address is in like the UK, it's pretty simple to distinguish that those are two different people. You can even see the last 10 or 20 logins on your account. If you use a mobile app, it will most likely have different addresses on there but the location will be relatively close. Much closer than continents apart :icon_wink:

Just because soemones from the same Country it does not mean they sleep at the exact same time, alot of people do night shifts not everyone works 9-5, so people can easily run an account from the same country, plus alot of people travel to and from places... I get what you are saying just cant see how this would work as it would be unfair to ban someone or whatever when they are in the minority of actually not doing anything wrong...

DeletedUser

Guys, we have gone a long way from the original subject.

Please only post if your discussing new ideas in keeping new players interested. This is not an off topic section and im being lenient keeping it open as it is.

So be warned.

DeletedUser113867

Just because soemones from the same Country it does not mean they sleep at the exact same time, alot of people do night shifts not everyone works 9-5, so people can easily run an account from the same country, plus alot of people travel to and from places... I get what you are saying just cant see how this would work as it would be unfair to ban someone or whatever when they are in the minority of actually not doing anything wrong...

country is still easy to determine as travel times if i log in in London and 5 mins later log in in Liverpool then i either develpoed time travel, teleportation or im not the same person. Also co players leave notes in the notebook that would be a big sign.

Theres lots of ways to notice

Merging you would not be able to tell all the time but it is getting beyond a joke, the invite friend feature is abused and needs removing 100%, It is only for cheaters really. So many accounts start the world and then join together to co play.

Its obvious that players just create 2 accounts with the intention to merge and then they have 3 villages, they waste the troops on a target and got 3 villages,

It is not part of the game it is cheating in reality, and it gets people so far ahead.

This game it never used to happen so much but now as 1 person did it lots started doing it and more and more people do it. Now a new player comes here playing fair and he cannot compete with a player who has done that and because he does not know anyone is likely to be that players target if hes doing ok.

Also lots of players say they help, but lots of players trick and abuse there position and do not help, and yes its part of the game but a sad one that we can cut out, as red said it is the community attitude of its part of the game they have to deal with it that sucks.

DeletedUser

Guys, we have gone a long way from the original subject.

Please only post if your discussing new ideas in keeping new players interested. This is not an off topic section and im being lenient keeping it open as it is.

So be warned.

Sorry but "What?" We are discussing the fact that coplaying is bad if we want to keep newbs interested. Id be interested to hear why you think this is off topic. If I was a newb and had the misfortune of spawning next to an account with 3+ veterans on it, farming 24 hours a day how am I going to compete?

1 player, 1 account if it could be implemented would significantly level the playing field. The only dissent to this so far has, unsurprisingly, been from massive co-played accounts

DeletedUser22145

I would have to agree, I have been gone from TW for 6 years or so, coming back and seeing all this co-player nonsense is a bit much. Acct sharing got some of the really big guys back on 7 banned, and I think that is a good thing. 1 person per acct at a time (obv sitting still allowed).

DeletedUser

Hi everyone, been a long while since i gave up playing TW.... Just sharing my view..

Sorry but "What?" We are discussing the fact that coplaying is bad if we want to keep newbs interested. Id be interested to hear why you think this is off topic. If I was a newb and had the misfortune of spawning next to an account with 3+ veterans on it, farming 24 hours a day how am I going to compete?

1 player, 1 account if it could be implemented would significantly level the playing field. The only dissent to this so far has, unsurprisingly, been from massive co-played accounts

I think this is part of the game? If u are a late starter then probably you wan to start ur village at the border with neighbors of smaller villages. Late starter definitely will have big disadvantage...

I would have to agree, I have been gone from TW for 6 years or so, coming back and seeing all this co-player nonsense is a bit much. Acct sharing got some of the really big guys back on 7 banned, and I think that is a good thing. 1 person per acct at a time (obv sitting still allowed).

I tot few years ago already have players sharing an acc throu sitting or what ever, personally i think very difficult to manage a big acc (time consuming)

DeletedUser

Hi everyone, been a long while since i gave up playing TW.... Just sharing my view.
I think this is part of the game? If u are a late starter then probably you wan to start ur village at the border with neighbors of smaller villages. Late starter definitely will have big disadvantage...

I tot few years ago already have players sharing an acc throu sitting or what ever, personally i think very difficult to manage a big acc (time consuming)

It IS part of the game, but that does not mean it cant be changed. Newbs just cant compete with large coplayed accounts, which is why players are leaving in their droves and never coming back. Also, some more experienced players are purposely starting at the rim knowing the core will be chaos at start up and that there will be easy pickings early on

Yes, its difficult to manage a big account, but it will be the same for everyone. The problem at the moment is that the new players cant even get that far, so the only benefit would be to coplayers and even then, why should these players have such an unfair advantage over players playing single?

DeletedUser113867

people have 4 co players on a single village account.

some have 1 village each and as soon as nobles come they merge so are 4 times the normal size.

early game a new player has no chance and yes it sucks late game but because people abuse features i think they have to be gotten rid of.

If people did not abuse the features then they would be fine but people are abusing and taking the piss too much now,

The friend feature is the biggest joke in tw and i hate the feature, all i see is people abusing it, in world 73 accounts are top 40 who i know for a fact abused this feature, and he goes around insulting players for being not good.

People cannot be trusted to use the features properly so they must be taken away.

DeletedUser111085

I finally got a co-player for the first time since playing, yeah i have trust issues... however got to say its so much better and easier, means i can actually have part of a life, i agree some accounts are kept more active than others due to having excessive co-players but personally i would hate to see that being banned..

Although the invite a friend feature should be removed defintaely, if their is a way to abuse a feature people will do it.

DeletedUser

I finally got a co-player for the first time since playing, yeah i have trust issues... however got to say its so much better and easier, means i can actually have part of a life, i agree some accounts are kept more active than others due to having excessive co-players but personally i would hate to see that being banned..

Although the invite a friend feature should be removed defintaely, if their is a way to abuse a feature people will do it.

And another person coplaying saying coplaying should be kept!

Imagine you are starting this game for the first time and didnt even have the notion that coplaying was an option because you have so much other crap to learn, then before you know it....BOOM, nobled. How did that happen? Whats the point in investing a month in a game to have someone playing 24/7 just up and take your vill. Will you be back when there are so many other 1 account, 1 player games to choose from?

Of course coplayers arent going to be in favour because it makes their life easier, but it doesnt make newbs lives easier and that is why the user base is virtually non existant.

Keep coplaying, then post in the "why are there no wars?" threads when the simple answer is that there are six accounts on the world, all massive and all not fighting each other because they are old friends from w3 because thats the way the game is heading

DeletedUser

Are players really using it to make time for themselves? Because honestly I see the majority these days using coplayers to gain an advantage by farming 24/7. That's not a struggle, you don't need to farm 24/7. Just farm the same as the rest of us, when your online.

The problem for me is that its the startup where the damage is done. If a new player cant even get up to a point he can noble then hes not going to stick around.

Whilst I know people will get nobled ect, its part of the game, they have to have a chance to at least compete. And coplayers do not allow this because they mean the account grows much faster and the new player is killed off quickly.

Worse still, if they do continue playing, theres players as Glynjack pointed out, specifically starting on the rim for the 'easy' competition, meaning they get killed off again.

I suppose it comes down to what heartless said, there are a number of players now going too far with it, and it spoils the game for others. This is why players feel something should be done.

There is an alternative method and that's attack bans for 12 hours a day at start up. Of course players could choose the time of the attack bans. Although this could interfere with general gameplay, ie coordinated attacks. Would so many players volunteer for coplayed accounts then I question?

DeletedUser

Are players really using it to make time for themselves? Because honestly I see the majority these days using coplayers to gain an advantage by farming 24/7. That's not a struggle, you don't need to farm 24/7. Just farm the same as the rest of us, when your online.

The problem for me is that its the startup where the damage is done. If a new player cant even get up to a point he can noble then hes not going to stick around.

Whilst I know people will get nobled ect, its part of the game, they have to have a chance to at least compete. And coplayers do not allow this because they mean the account grows much faster and the new player is killed off quickly.

Worse still, if they do continue playing, theres players as Glynjack pointed out, specifically starting on the rim for the 'easy' competition, meaning they get killed off again.

I suppose it comes down to what heartless said, there are a number of players now going too far with it, and it spoils the game for others. This is why players feel something should be done.

There is an alternative method and that's attack bans for 12 hours a day at start up. Of course players could choose the time of the attack bans. Although this could interfere with general gameplay, ie coordinated attacks. Would so many players volunteer for coplayed accounts then I question?

Im no computer expert, but couldnt a way to solve this be having to register a main IP adress to the account and any other log in IPs are made "non farming" in some way?

DeletedUser

Im no computer expert, but couldnt a way to solve this be having to register a main IP adress to the account and any other log in IPs are made "non farming" in some way?
I'm sure there is a way. But then should someone decide to go away for a weekend, or farm from their phone would they not encounter issues regardless of the fact that it would still be just the one person farming?

DeletedUser114562

Warning, wall of text inc ---

I'll stick to my original opinion, in order to keep new players interested, the developers should find a way to keep them safe and allow them to reach about 20.000-30.000 without worries that they get ganked by 10 players 10 times larger or bullied that much at start or by people who "hire" bashers to do the work. So far on this world I've been attacked by both 10 times larger players as well as for bashers and morale kept me safe, but I knew when to accept support and when to send it back to prevent losses, one good snipe saved lots of friends troubles or the need to rebuild troops, in other cases for bashers we all suffered a lot but with team work was possible.

I've started an "academy" tribe and we're trying to teach the new, inexperienced rim players a thing or two about the basics (as much as we can or know) or maybe average ideas and facts about this game, and being in charge of it and inspecting accounts via account sitting daily, I can tell you that this community will only suffer more and more as time goes by, not sure if you can imagine the things I've seen, and please don't limit your imagination to villages that have level 25 barracks at 1600 points (25 levels of barracks alone worth about 1250 points) or any stuff like that, nor the fact that they build mixed troops and have like 200 troops at 1500 points...not to mention the level they are being bullied at, being threatened that they will be cleared unless they send a certain amount of resources daily and stuff like that.

Now, imagine yourself as being a new player and running into different scenarios, in which you are either being bullied or farmed before you even have the chance to figure out what is what, ending up getting farmed, starting over with a clue and then running into bigger bullies against which you stand no chance even with morale, because you have no friends and no tribe to guide or help you..because there are many tribes around and more tribes are being created daily, but no one gives a damn about the poor players.

Now my question to you is, do you believe you would continue playing or starting over the 3rd time ? Or would you lose your interest and start searching for a new game ?

The developers are losing lots of players and potential income over this, new players are eager to play and lots of times they are not only fast learners but devoted and loyal players as well, for as long as there's some one there to guide them. If this community will keep up "working" like this and simply sending new players away, at some point we'll end up with couple of worlds left open just for veterans. I agree that is good to have a lot of space for farming, lots of barb villages around at your disposal, but not sure how many of you noticed that there are less and less active players around, there's no more struggle when you start, unless you start in the core...otherwise you just end up in a lonely corner and just farm and hope for some action in the future, I suspect things will only get worse before they will get better.

I remember first time I've started playing, I think it was back in 2007 or so, there were lots of tribes that were taking new players in and gave their interest into helping them, now if you're lucky to see one of those tribes at every 2-3 worlds you've hit the jackpot, and even so it won't last long because they end up getting ganged by 2-3 other tribes.
I for one can not stand playing on accounts larger than 1.000.000 anymore, everything is boring and you just farm and farm, maybe I'm melancholic but I miss the days where you had 20 new wars each day, and each of them was fun in a way or another, lots of players were starting over but not giving up, they were trying harder and harder...now where did it got to ? 10 decent wars / world or server and last 5 of them are in the core being held by co-played accounts that take ages, it got to a war between veterans and "genocide" of the new players.

If you want to do something for the community before is too late, and if you really care about the future - Then I challenge you to start over and create a tribe meant to teach/school new players and keep their interest, otherwise just words on a forum and few ideas that probably won't get implemented anytime soon won't make any difference.
And trust me when I say this, is a lot more challenging than it sounds, and requires lot of involvement but at the same time it offers some kind of rewarding "satisfaction" and will help you remember how it used to be back in the early days.

For those of you that played LoL, you could take their community as an example, it used to be an enjoyable game now due to community that's FULL with flamers, ragers and trolls it makes you sick and want to puke just thinking about it. A game is not just about the developers or administration...is about playerbase and the rolemodels new players get, about community.

Now, I wonder how many of you actually spent some time this year trying to help new players out, at least with an advice or 2 minutes of your time, and how many of you bullied and forced new players to start over. And is ok, if you get offended over this simply attack me in the game , I got used to it and will start over if it will make you feel better, because in the end I'm here to enjoy the other aspect of the game, that's related to community and not just focusing on points and statistics.The thing that amazed me most was that I've received the support of other players from different tribes, that have nothing to do with leadership roles, at creating and sustaining such tribe, there are still few that care, but when I say FEW mean it.

This is just my point of view, and I believe it to be the truth.
If you want to change the way things work, take initiative, do something.