Ideas In Helping New Players Keep Interest

• Thread starter Sentient Sentinal
  • Start date

DeletedUser

A rule where tribes created have to meet a certain quota of new members. I.e every tribe created is required to recruit 10% of their team from new players. So with a member limit of 30, at least 3 accounts recruited with no previous world history within a 30 days of tribe creation or it is disbanded.

The way I learnt is joining a team of better players, seeing how they do stuff and learning off them, then trying it for myself.

DeletedUser

Lots of accounts with no previous world history are in fact seasoned TW players - premades often have new account names.
Dunno if that rule would really change anything. :p

DeletedUser

Lots of accounts with no previous world history are in fact seasoned TW players - premades often have new account names.
Dunno if that rule would really change anything. :p

You mean similar to this nubcake?

http://www.twstats.com/en72/index.p...ource=en&utm_medium=player&utm_campaign=dsref

:icon_eek:

Anybody who has actually fought against me knows there's no way in hell I've only played this world and 1 other (one of those listed past worlds I have no idea how I even had a village there).

I've had at least 5 different names, just because my forum name would draw unwanted attention many years ago when I would try and start new worlds. I would be interested to know if they have that type of ability to gauge whether or not somebody is completely new or an old player creating a new name tag without actually seeing their performance.

DeletedUser113867

Im no computer expert, but couldnt a way to solve this be having to register a main IP adress to the account and any other log in IPs are made "non farming" in some way?

Would not work as people use mutliple places i think the farming limit is only way to sort it out, not low like farming limit worlds. Though raise it to number of weeks playing the world rather than number of villages attained.

or you can set it to a couple of ip adresses, its easy to see if they are the opposite side of the world. though like shared connection have to mark it up and then its easy to check.

I like limited farming as theres more competiiton, whoever spends resources more wisely wins not whoever is more active, gives everyone a chance even the new guys just learning and they will up in number when they stand a chance. Lots of players know they will lose but they arent just beaten these days they are crushed and thats not going to make people come back.

Lets face it the vets and players who want to co play are mostly saying how the game is lacking competition and wars these days. farming limtis actually make the game fun because everyone has good ground to what they can get.

DeletedUser114562

I'm not sure anything would work really, even the "academy" tribes are pointless nowdays, as we speak 4-5 players from RH are ganking up on 2 of my tribe members that are at about 3k points each, attacking for 25+ hours just for fun, I doubt morale will do anything in such case. What could new, inexperienced and not 24/7 active players could do about such things ? You get 3 clear nukes from 1 player, 6 from 2, until you end up somewhere at 12 nukes against 2 small players - Will that morale do any good ? How much support can a rim academy tribe gather to survive that ? just because they're having fun doing it.

Now I remember why I've stopped playing, this game is not fun anymore, unless you enjoy attacking defenseless players and force them to stop playing, and for people like me that are all for helping the newbs is simply not fitting. Well, I guess it's time to look for some other game soon...I've lost all faith I had left in this community.