In memory of Gen Jihad!

Jack Lawless

Although TribalWars is a game, we sometimes bring into it our problems; we yell at people just because we had a bad day at work or our girlfriend left us, but we are all a big community of friends - if someone has problems we wish we were there to help them. From the dawn of time humans have gathered in community's and thus the problem of one became the problem of all. When one died, they all felt the sorrow of loosing a friend. So, with great sorrow I announce the death of a great player, a great husbund and father and a friend to us all:

We salute: General Gen Jihad.

When most of us opened our mail, a sad surprise awaited us, we got this message from his Tonya, Gen's wife:

queenmissy29 said:
queenmissy29 wrote:
I know a lot of you were great friends of gen jihad. This is his wife queeny. It is with a very saddened heart to let you all know. My husband of 7 years. My soulmate died today. He went into cardiac arrest several times, and several times they succeeded in life support for him. I was with him. If any of you have any questions. please feel free to ask and I will answer them as soon as possible. Thank you all for being such great friends of his. It meant a lot to him.

Gen's real name was Ivy L. Stearns Jr., and he lived only to see his 32nd birthday. Regrettably, he leaves behind Xavier, Ryan and Carmen - his three children, one as young as 6 years old.

His burial will take place on 12 May 2009at 11:00 AM. That translates to 16:00 server time. He spoke very highly of the many friends he made in TribalWars, and couldn't wait to hit his 1000-village conquer mark.

The entire Order has been shook by the news they recieved the other day. Gen grew close to so many of them; Bunny, Star, Kuoras..

OrD will hold rememberance for Ivy, on Tuesday, at the time of his burial - and it is our hope that you will give him a moment of silence, too.

As said prior, this game brings us so close together, yet we sit so far away, behind a screen just punching numbers/letters into a void of pixels. Gen lies approximately 3548 miles away from Danny/ondu, in England, and about 4846 miles away from myself, in Romania. Yet as soon as that mail from his wife was read, we were both stuck for words - unable to express how we actually feel. Nobody can. It's just too difficult.

So, to toast; an ode to the General of the Order, and most probably World 6. Toward the skies, the Order of Darkness salutes.

We will always remember your CoA,that struck fear in enemy's,and sometimes in friends,you will be always in our hearts:
user_image.php

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Rest in Peace Gen!
You was one of the grates, May your children and your wife have a grate life my Condolence x

HeftySmurf

Heh, i remember seeing that name a lot back in the day.
tis always a sorrow when something like this happens
my heart goes out to his family.

r.i.p Jihad

DeletedUser

Gen Jihad- The Gen was the rock of the Order, the star on the tree, the light in our sky, A man of reason, A man so solid, that 10 men could have stood on his shoulders, and he wouldn't have faltered in his stride, The General was like a brother to me at times, my voice of reason when I lacked one myself, and a very big part of my success on world 6, He taught me alot, and I will never forget him. Rest In Peace dearest friend.

DeletedUser21005

R.I.P..

why do people die so young :icon_sad:
my thoughts goes to his wife and kids.

DeletedUser

A very sad news indeed. May his wife and kids have a good life. It hurts to see a young man leave his beloved ones and friends. He was surely a great character in here and I`m sure he was likewise in real life.

I suggest that on the day of his burial, ie 12 May 2009 noone will send any attacks against enemy targets, barbarian villages or whatever in his memory. In my opinon it`s the least we can do. If you guys agree please send circular mails to your tribes.

celticprincess

Well jack summoned it very well above as we do get to know people very well on this game weird but its true, and when ur stuck in uni and ant got the money to go out u have to admit guys we play this

but part to the point of this thread i only had a few talks with the GEN mainly banter most of it :lol: about how i was going to kick his ass but all in good fun
but as jack said a tribe comes so close together its unreal and we here at HIRE send our heart warm wish to his wife and his young children and to the guys of the order at this sad terrible time

3 cheers for the :axemen::axemen::axemen:GENERAL RIP SOLDIER:axemen::axemen::axemen:

DeletedUser

To of played this game now for nearly 2 years and still to find people that i have never spoken to .

Yet again from what i have heard from the last 24 hours regarding him i have missed out on what a lot of people have experienced .Someone of great stature,dedication and loyalty and most of all,fun to be with.I like to think without each of us knowing we tend to play this game as our real personality portrays ourselves.

My sincere condolances to his family that he leaves behind and may you find a way of reliving your memoirs with a smile on your face everytime rarther than sadness .

Deepest sympathy

Steve

DeletedUser20277

He was one of the best, will be greatly missed by so many people. It was a pleasure knowing him and having played with him.

Deepest sympathies to his family.

DeletedUser51929

I'm gutted, this is heart breaking news..
I hope that his soul rests in peace, such a young age in my eyes, codolence to ms queen and the rest of the family.

Gen was a huge part of the order. He was strong on the battlefeild and fun in tribe, and one of the nicest blokes to speak too.

I would like to propose one of the folowing:

-Name a village after him.
-Choose one of his villages and name it after him like the Stache memorial.

DeletedUser

Prayers for Missy, Ivy's children, and the rest of the family.

DeletedUser

This has been a huge shock for Or.D and it's really astonishing how much it has affected us all. Even I, who hardly knew him, almost broke down in tears today. His contribution to the Order was truly extraordinary; the amount of work he put into the forums and his love for the tribe was exemplary.

As has been said, TW brings us together as a strong community. When my friends asked me why I was so melancholy, I just said that a friend had died. I didn't mention that he was from Tribal Wars, because you can't understand if you haven't played what a bond you form with the fellow players here. None of us have met, few have actually physically spoken with fellow players, and yet the friendships here are as strong as any in RL. Ivy was someone who lived on the other side of the world from me, and I have been privileged enough to have known him. I only regret that I never got to know him properly. He will be sorely missed by all of us here and my heart goes out to Tonya, Xavier, Ryan, Carmen and the rest of his family. He was far too young to be robbed of his life, but he has certainly made his mark on the world and on all of us here.

Thank you, Gen Jihad, Ivy. I wish you a peaceful rest and we shall all be with you for a minute's silence at 16:00 server time on Tuesday.

Thank you, Jack, for a beautifully-written tribute to his memory. I also like the idea of an attack-freeze on Tuesday. It would really demonstrate how much Ivy meant to us all, enemy and tribemates alike.

Bless you, Gen, and Queeny too.

My deepest respects and condolences,

Chloe O Foley xxx

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

FEAR wishes to extend their best wishes to the family. Deaths at such a young age are a tragedy.

Any attack freeze will be fully upheld by FEAR.

DeletedUser9021

My heartfelt condolences on behalf of RMC to his family. Any age is a lousy age to die, but so young... I wish his family strength in the days to come. Remember the good, for what is lost is never truly lost as long as we remember.

RMC will keep to any attack freeze, or whatever in-game gesture the Order decides on.

Steve