Just out'a curiosity

DeletedUser

guys do not forget that until now gtg have take a whole continent from borg with out help from ctrl.
they have take k51 and the continue their conquer against borg.
so stop talking and fight pls.

DeletedUser

Did you go to the "Finny School of Diplomacy", vin?

If I were wanting an enemy to switch sides and assist us in our war, I would show them respect. I would tell them what worthy opponents they have been. I would praise them for their achievements against us.

You think by insulting us and calling us cowards and saying we are the dogs of CTRL it is going to make us want to stand shoulder to shoulder with you against allies that have shown us nothing but respect and loyalty?

I cannot think of a worse approach to make.

I'm merely expressing what the half of the world thinks on TUBA + GTG. It's your choice on changing sides. I'm just here to point out what will happen if you don't.

I think this marks desperation time, a last throw of the dice.. an admittance that the only way that you might win this war is to try and insult an enemy tribe into switching sides and joining you.

And you must be either ignorant, dumb or stupid or, more likely a combination of all three, because EJ has told you, I have told you... when this war is over, that's it for both our tribes. But still you speak as if you have not been told this or you think we are not telling the truth.

Wow... 'you must be either ignorant, dumb or stupid, or more likely a combination of all three' to believe what CTRL have told you.

Tell you what, the best way to see if CTRL declares on GTG and TUBA when this war is over is to persuade the remaining people in BORG and DDB to throw in the towel. Then if CTRL DOES declare on us, you can come on here and gloat that you told us so.

If DDB + BORG go down... they AT LEAST will go down fighting. Also if that happened what good does it do US? Only tribe that'll benefit is CTRL.

guys do not forget that until now gtg have take a whole continent from borg with out help from ctrl.
they have take k51 and the continue their conquer against borg.
so stop talking and fight pls.

Well BORG have been hit badly by CTRL, which lead the way for GTG to hit BORG. I guess you can give credit to GTG for that. However fighting while knowing soon your survival will fail is not what a tribe should be doing.

DeletedUser

I'm merely expressing what the half of the world thinks on TUBA + GTG. It's your choice on changing sides. I'm just here to point out what will happen if you don't.

OK... let's humor you for a short while.

Suppose we took your "excellent advice" and switched sides. Suppose we actually made enough of a difference to help DDB/BORG turn things around and the mighty CTRL were defeated, along with TUBA.

Then what...?

What happens next?

DeletedUser

Well i considered that if GTG turned, then TUBA would... However, if you say that then, GTG will get a lot of TUBA's ground and a lot of CTRL's backline it will be like BORG in the North East, DDB in the North West and GTG South West. Then in the South east we will either have some TUBA remains, another tribe may form or DDB/GTG will eat into there. Then it's between GTG, DDB and BORG who will rule, one of them. Seems a fair fight to me GTG Vs BORG Vs DDB but i always considered TUBA as GTG to work together which would result in four corners of the world GTG + TUBA Vs BORG + DDB

DeletedUser

Well i considered that if GTG turned, then TUBA would... However, if you say that then, GTG will get a lot of TUBA's ground and a lot of CTRL's backline it will be like BORG in the North East, DDB in the North West and GTG South West. Then in the South east we will either have some TUBA remains, another tribe may form or DDB/GTG will eat into there. Then it's between GTG, DDB and BORG who will rule, one of them. Seems a fair fight to me GTG Vs BORG Vs DDB but i always considered TUBA as GTG to work together which would result in four corners of the world GTG + TUBA Vs BORG + DDB

LOL :icon_biggrin:

It would be a miracle if ONE tribe lacked enough honor and loyalty to their allies to stab them in the back and switch sides. I don't know what moral code the tribes on your side follow, but it would be almost unthinkable that both TUBA and GTG would share those ethics.

I have been told time and time again by people in BORG that they have always been DDB's most loyal allies (a bit like TUBA and GTG have always been loyal to CTRL). Do you really expect me to swallow that there will be a three way war and that two tribes won't decide to gang up and take out the third, leaving those two tribes, when victorious, to fight it out between them for the world crown?

And just where do you think the players will come from to take part in this grand finale? In the past six months of this war, BORG have lost around 100 accounts, DDB have lost a considerable anount also. GTG have lost around 20. Not sure on TUBA's figures.

The time-span that your scenario would take would be at least three years. How many players do you think will remain by then, given the drop-out rate of the past six months of war? The few people that remained by the time you got down to two tribes would be very small and their village portfolio would be huge and unmanageable. The remaining players would have so many villages that the front-line between the two adversaries would be stacked to ridiculously high levels.

This is why both CTRL leaders and myself say that the end of this war will mean the end of this world for us. If a few players want to hang around and mindlessly take barbarian villages from the sea of gray that remains after most of us have left, then that will be their perogative. If they then declare themselves as winners of the world, after the true winners have left the arena then the victory they claim will be laughable and hollow.

When BORG made the decision to support DDB and declare on CTRL, they did so knowing that they had a huge numerical advantage. The could not have been surprised that GTG and TUBA would end up on the other side, given their long-standing alliances with CTRL. Even when GTG and TUBA declared, BORG/DDB still held a slight numerical advantage, especially with all the smaller tribes they managed to persuade to get involved.

It's no good whinging and wanting tribes to switch sides, once your side starts losing it's members at a lot faster rate than the other side, due to being beaten in this war.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pepper871

I will only say this, DDB/Borg dont seem to get the concept of alliances or how close they can be (part of the reason Tuba sided with GTG/CTRL). Where you fail in this whole discussion is believing that the 3 of us would war each other, many of us are close friends because of this longterm alliance and even play other worlds together.

I guess you fail to see what "honor" is and the ability to keep your word and trust your ally will too. Could CTRL turn on GTG or Tuba, yes.... will it happen, NO. Say what you will but it wont work we will jointly win this world and hit delete

DeletedUser

Yea they fail to see that concept even tho they were the ones that decided to team up against CTRL lol

they fail to understand that in order to be great you have to rely on everyone not individually but as a whole

how many members of BORG have we made quit because their cry for help, for support was never answered

LOL

more than i have fingers on both hands

DeletedUser

they must have some sort of understanding of alliance since it is the longest alliance left in W10 of relevance (atleast), not to mention older than TUBA.

EDIT: What I would actually be curious about is if TUBA has already mailed it in or what? Like other than a supporting role, what do they really get to do? (I guess everyone except CTRL seems to be munching barbs quite a bit, GTG as well to a lesser extent).

And if DDB/Borg hadn't dropped the alliance with Ctrl, would the world be done last year?

DeletedUser

it just hasnt been in ddbs and borgs best interest to backstab each other yet. ddb borg posts make it obvious that the have no idea what an alliance is.

DeletedUser

it just hasnt been in ddbs and borgs best interest to backstab each other yet. your posts make it obvious that you have no idea what an alliance is.

Ok, I respect quite a few in Ctrl. I like quite a few in Ctrl and consider them friends.

But you sound like an ex-girlfriend who won't get over it.
Just like real-life, things end. Couples break-up, marriages end in divorce.
Why be so bitter, you guys are winning and looking like it worked out for you.

DeletedUser

I have to agree with Tucker here. Ctrl has thrown around the "DDB don't value their alliances" card way too much. Had they not declared on Ctrl, what would Ctrl have done? They had relations with DDB, Borg, GTG, and TUBA. Its the final war of the world, lets just war and stop whining :/

DeletedUser

I have to agree with Tucker here. Ctrl has thrown around the "DDB don't value their alliances" card way too much. Had they not declared on Ctrl, what would Ctrl have done? They had relations with DDB, Borg, GTG, and TUBA. Its the final war of the world, lets just war and stop whining :/

Cheers IJ (another reason we always liked you and BV), and thank you for answering what would be going on if it weren't for DDB/Borg dropping the alliance. And I think some non-Ctrl will admit, Ctrl do seem to stick by their alliances (never dropping any).

I guess the only war going on would of been DDB v. GTG and Borg v. Tuba with Ctrl hanging out. Yeah, those noble trips would of been fun :)

DeletedUser

it has nothing to do with ddb and ctrl relations. why would i be bitter about something that worked out so well for us?

vin dude just came here saying ctrl's allies should backstab them for no apparent reason but doesnt understand how much ctrl values our alliances. hes posted about 10x and still doesn't understand what an alliance is

CMETILT

Agree IJ...it would/will have ended one way or another. Just go with it and have a good time playing. :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

it has nothing to do with ddb and ctrl relations. why would i be bitter about something that worked out so well for us?

vin dude just came here saying ctrl's allies should backstab them for no apparent reason but doesnt understand how much ctrl values our alliances. hes posted about 10x and still doesn't understand what an alliance is

Yeah, vin doesn't quite seem to understand basic logic, but meh... Fire can't thrive without oxygen eh?