LAP vs. OvD

DeletedUser

T was in another lifetime, one of toil and blood
When blackness was a virtue and the road was full of mud
I came in from the wilderness, a creature void of form.
'Come in,' she said,
'I'll give you shelter from the storm.'

In war there are always casualties. Three players Rimmed in a conflict long past chose to re-start in the Northeast, for LAP is a tribe of the Northeast. But the gods are ever cruel, and have a fey sense of humor. In K27 and K37 the arms of LAP awaited these children reborn, but lo the gods banished them to K15. Alas, they had such a simple request: shelter from the storm.

And if I pass this way again, you can rest assured
I'll always do my best for her, on that I give my word
In a world of steel-eyed death, and men who are fighting to be warm.
'Come in,' she said,

The members of OvD looked upon these new LAP villages with a gaze of steel-eyed death. "The border between our tribes is at K26, and you have crossed the border! You're expanding into our territory! We will not allow it!" This puzzled us, for we had never before heard of getting Rimmed as an expansion strategy. We tried to reason with them, but their attacks were loosed before a proper parley could begin. Not, however, before many of our troops had made the long journey to support our wayward brethren. After all, they had such a simple request: shelter from the storm.

Now the bounds are broken and they can't be retired
A one more journey to the woods, the hole were spirit tired
It's a never ending battle, for a peace that's always torn
'Come in,' she said,

Once the first attacks were repulsed some in OvD did listen to reason. Despite the calls for blood and the desire to attack by many of LAP, we settled into an uneasy NAP. After all, K26 was not in our designs, and we simply wanted these distant members to have time to grow enough to noble back to our own land. But then the leadership of OvD changed, and all pretense of NAP was forgotten. The bounds had been broken, and once again the attacks commenced. Such a petty act against small players who only wanted one thing: shelter from the storm.

In a little hilltop village, they gambled for my clothes
I bargained for salvation an' they gave me a lethal dose.
I offered up my innocence and got repaid with scorn.
'Come in,' she said,

Well, I'm livin' in a foreign country but I'm bound to cross the line
Beauty walks a razor's edge, someday I'll make it mine.
If I could only turn back the clock to when God and her were born.
'Come in,' she said,

We suffered the scorn of these new attacks and still did not strike back. We watched OvD try to muster other tribes against us, and still we did not strike back. We waited patiently, and peacefully, doing only what was needed to protect our own.

No more. Our patience is at an end. Did I say K26 was not in our designs? Well it certainly is now. And though OvD thought they had seen war before, they have no idea what they are in for. They will be in desperate need of only one thing now: shelter from the storm.

With apologies to Bob Dylan, LAP declares on OvD.

DeletedUser

Our patience is at its end. Good luck to OvD, and of course, LAP. :lol:

DeletedUser

As long as T.E.C. (i.e. Decentius) doesn't get involved, my vote goes to LAP.

DeletedUser

hey hey hey

This should be interesting, yet another eloquent declaration, I think you'll find us more organised than RFF....
Shall we dance..

DeletedUser

Yes I agree the leadership has changed, but I do not recall anybody on your end contacting us with regards to the NAP. For because of this myself and I'm sure many other members of OvD were unaware that the NAP was in effect. I do remember after the last time you attacked somebody did send your diplomat a message stating the NAP would be unofficial and be a defacto NAP in case you (your tribe I'm not singling anybody out singularly) attacked any of our members again. Once you personally decided to start an attack on me personally I brought this to the attention of the rest of the council, while I was just going to let 4 or 5 attacks go without a retaliation and simply contact you with regards as to the reason behind your attacks. This could not happen because before I could do so my incoming count was up to 32 from more than just you individually. I have let you "receive shelter from the storm" to quote you directly because I have personally been the one running the barrier between our tribes so I do know that we have not taken your villages nor attacked you unless it was an unsanctioned attack. But to use your rather well crafted declaration of war against you, you and you're tribes "shelter" will soon be torn down and destroyed because of your impatience to retaliate instead of attempting to contact myself or any other member of the new leadership.
Oh and just to lighten things up here I marked this post with a sign that will tell you what to do with regards to me and my tribe now that you have declared war upon us. Additionally you may have a very well crafted declaration of war on here but your declaration sent to me was just "Our newest declaration of war".

DeletedUser

OvD were going to come at us regardless. Obviously them going at TEC would be laughable. Most of their members seem rather 'cocky' to take us on, so we brought the fight to them.

DeletedUser92671

as an ex ally of LAP and nooby member of OvD i wish luck to both sides, and i hope that T.E.C wont sink to the level of joining noob wars :') (thought if this happens, it would be a good thing to blame on the loss of camps -.-)

Social Disorder

as an ex ally of LAP and nooby member of OvD i wish luck to both sides, and i hope that T.E.C wont sink to the level of joining noob wars :') (thought if this happens, it would be a good thing to blame on the loss of camps -.-)

We are cool like dat you kno

DeletedUser

Yes I agree the leadership has changed, but I do not recall anybody on your end contacting us with regards to the NAP. For because of this myself and I'm sure many other members of OvD were unaware that the NAP was in effect. I do remember after the last time you attacked somebody did send your diplomat a message stating the NAP would be unofficial and be a defacto NAP in case you (your tribe I'm not singling anybody out singularly) attacked any of our members again. Once you personally decided to start an attack on me personally I brought this to the attention of the rest of the council, while I was just going to let 4 or 5 attacks go without a retaliation and simply contact you with regards as to the reason behind your attacks. This could not happen because before I could do so my incoming count was up to 32 from more than just you individually. I have let you "receive shelter from the storm" to quote you directly because I have personally been the one running the barrier between our tribes so I do know that we have not taken your villages nor attacked you unless it was an unsanctioned attack. But to use your rather well crafted declaration of war against you, you and you're tribes "shelter" will soon be torn down and destroyed because of your impatience to retaliate instead of attempting to contact myself or any other member of the new leadership.

Do you have some form of memory loss or something? All members of OvD were aware that we had an NAP in place, when CorrectAsAlways was duke he made a post in the forums stating that--according to him. However, your attacks on our tribe STILL continued, namely on our K15 member, schwinglo, which he can attest to. Thus, you guys effectively ended the NAP after it has been in existence for probably less than a week or two. Also...your tribe definitely has attacked our tribe--cut the crap about how you prevented your tribe from attacking us. Schwinglo received countless attacks from manamil and others quite recently, and your members claim we attacked first. Why would we contact you when our last attempt to contact you for diplomacy was pitifully unsuccessful? Furthermore...I do recall Mooooooooooo contacting your new leadership about the continuation of the NAP, so don't use excuses like that.

Essentially, your aggression towards our tribe will not be tolerated any longer. We have warned you countless times to stop the attacks, and you never listened. You guys want war, you will get war ;)

DeletedUser

This should be interesting. LAP is larger but OvD is highly concenrated in k26, the border of both these tribes. I wish both tribes good luck.

DeletedUser94634

Poor OvD

When I was but a poor lost lamb, with merely a single village to my name, I saw off plenty of incoming from OvD, both before, during, and after the so-called NAP. It was still going on until a few days ago.

50+ dead nukes later, I'm still in the game. And hey, thanks for all the ODD fellas.

All I can say is, if OvD's defence is as organised and capable as their offense, then look out The Rim! It's about to get crowded.

Um, but yeah... good luck to both sides. Only one side will need luck though.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Hey, its our good buddy chansclo. Well like he said, so far the stats are in our favor with a 7-0 lead in the past week. Then again, OvD is only preparing from a "surprise" attack. I know I've seen some painful retaliation so far. (alot more then RFF ever sent at me)

DeletedUser

TEC must be laughing at this, another two rim tribes crippling each other allowing TEC free villages. Im not saying I wouldnt do the same in TECs position however its fustrating when tribes dont see the true threat:

The fox, tired from fighting its rival can only watch in horror as the Eagle's talons speed towards it...

HuntingEagleR_304x337.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

That is why I am laughing too and wanted to help RFF.LAP actually believes TEC likes them or something. Reminds me of Taio Cruz's "Break Your Heart".
As for OvD, their profile made them seem a bit more interesting.

DeletedUser

That is why I am laughing too and wanted to help RFF.LAP actually believes TEC likes them or something. Reminds me of Taio Cruz's "Break Your Heart".
As for OvD, their profile made them seem a bit more interesting.

Without getting into details, TEC is the reason why our tribe still exists on this world. They could of easily killed us off a long time ago.

Secondly, this entire war started because OvD wouldn't stop attacking our northern player. Their entire tribe is being worn down, we have reports on almost all their villages and they'll have nothing left within the next week. WB is also offering them a "join us or die" option.

Sucks to be in their position, however they brought this upon themselves.