Large Art Competition Discussion

DeletedUser

Hey guys,

It came up somewhere before from a few people that they would like a Large Art fortnightly competition.

This has been tried before and failed within the first couple of weeks so I was just wondering if there was any interest. If you like the idea of having this competition just post below and if there is enough interest I suppose we could get Syntex to draw something up. Also if you would like to suggest themes when you sign yourself up, that would be very helpfull. Or we could just use the same list as SOTW ... it's easily transferable ? Discuss it below :icon_razz:

Regards,
Genetic Engineer

DeletedUser

What could you really create from a rural landscape theme unless you did a digipaint Phil? Even then, it's a bit boring.

I say freestyle or something like that for a first one just to get the ball rolling a little bit.

DeletedUser

Now there's a competition line-up within the first 4 posts ;) I'll speak to syntex :D haha

DeletedUser

I might be up for "one", but I don't have the time or patience for a regular large-art. How are we defining "large art" anyway? 1500X1500+? (Or any combination that = or >?)

DeletedUser

What could you really create from a rural landscape theme unless you did a digipaint Phil? Even then, it's a bit boring.

I say freestyle or something like that for a first one just to get the ball rolling a little bit.

It is perfectly possible to do a rural landscape photomanipulation, but yeah I was thinking of a digi paint with what what I have been creating today :p

DeletedUser92094

I've probably only done a few large arts in ever! so this may be some nice practice for me.
I'm down!

DeletedUser

Talula does the Hulu from Hawaii.

Yeah, count me in fo' shor.

DeletedUser

Do you know how much effort it takes to organise a BOTG ..... but it would be good, maybe if I have time at the weekend ;)

DeletedUser

I don't think this will work.. The members here just don't have enough experience to make large art pieces imo.
First they should learn how to fill a tag properly.

DeletedUser

I don't think this will work.. The members here just don't have enough experience to make large art pieces imo.

If you don't like the quality of the work, then don't vote or participate. Simple. :)

As a matter of fact, wouldn't it be a piece of cake for you to win it? If everyone is so bad, you should have no problem winning something like this. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

So on that basis we shouldn't give them a chance ? ... very pessimistic :/

DeletedUser

Don't worry, il have a go; might see if beginners luck exists even here :icon_razz:
Besides, this is Tribal Wars forum, unfortunately its not graphic forums, so noone excepts anything spectacular to come out of it anyway. Its just cool as hell when it does :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

This is also about learning :) people have fun, something about this forum is that skill doesn't matter, you can still have a go. You've also gotta start somewhere, to get that experience, don't you?

DeletedUser

To add on to what other people have said, I have very little skill and experience with GFX. Despite this, I have still entered one SOTW and made attempts at pieces for others. In the one I entered, I got no votes at all, which was about what I expected, but it was an interesting thing to try. The only reason I haven't entered more is lack of time recently.

I don't know if I'll enter this competition or not. I'd like to watch a few competitions first, and then see how I feel about it once I get a bit of inspiration from the work other people do.

DeletedUser

Buuh, crap.. I wrote a whole ***** post yesterday, but then my internet fell off --'
I think everyone has his own opinion. I said mine and I don't think it's really necessary to keep on saying my opinion isn't good.

Also @ harb: I didn't say that I was good, as a matter of fact I wouldn't even join this contest because I know of myself, that I would better make some better tags first. And after that, if I got a level of like, moderate, Then I can try to make a large art piece. Otherwise it are just going to be messed up pieces, with no skill. Ofcourse, If you guys want to, I don't see a problem.. But it's just going to be wasting your time :)