Large Art Competition Discussion

DeletedUser

Otherwise it are just going to be messed up pieces, with no skill. Ofcourse, If you guys want to, I don't see a problem.. But it's just going to be wasting your time :)

So, by your logic, you shouldn't go to the park and kick a soccer ball around with some mates because it's wasting your time if you don't play for Barcelona?

DeletedUser

So, by your logic, you shouldn't go to the park and kick a soccer ball around with some mates because it's wasting your time if you don't play for Barcelona?

Now your wrong ;)
I mean that you should keep on playing soccer with your friends (making tags) to get better. And after that, when you're good enough, you can play for Barcelona.
It's wasting your time to try to get in Barcelona with the level of your soccer now. :)

DeletedUser

Good response there, but I also think although tagging does have it's similarities to large art, conceptually and compositionally the two are very different.
I am of the opinion that if you don't try something you can never improve and yes they have their similarities but large art is a lot more conceptual, with meaning behind the image and obviously with it having a larger canvas there are different techniques used to make a beautiful image.

I see your point that tagging first will HELP when somebody comes to large art, however I also think that it is not essential and that if somebody were to practice and practice large art it would be infinitely better than doing a load of tags which are composed in such a different way and in the end ... ( in my opinion ) won't help them all that much. Okay it teaches them the Photoshop tools but heck .. you'll learn them from doing anything in Photoshop.

DeletedUser

Good response there, but I also think although tagging does have it's similarities to large art, conceptually and compositionally the two are very different.
I am of the opinion that if you don't try something you can never improve and yes they have their similarities but large art is a lot more conceptual, with meaning behind the image and obviously with it having a larger canvas there are different techniques used to make a beautiful image.

I see your point that tagging first will HELP when somebody comes to large art, however I also think that it is not essential and that if somebody were to practice and practice large art it would be infinitely better than doing a load of tags which are composed in such a different way and in the end ... ( in my opinion ) won't help them all that much. Okay it teaches them the Photoshop tools but heck .. you'll learn them from doing anything in Photoshop.

Agree, but the problem is that the members here, don't have enough experience (Some may have it, others don't have it at all) to fill a canvas that's pretty big, a large art.
If you first tag a lot and get better, you don't only learn the tools, you also learn to create effects you never tried before.
Ofcourse you learn a lot by making LargeArts. I only think, for my opinion, it's more easily to make this kind of art in steps, beginning at tagging. :)

We'll see the first contest of this, and I'll say to you, know what are going to be the entries:
-Big canvasses with little effects going on, or just to many, messy effects.
-Use of renders/stocks in LA
-Low quality results
-Bad use of c4d's

And in that fact you are right, tagging is something slightly different. In tags you mostly use a render and c4d's..

We'll see what's it going to be become :)
But you seriously shouldn't try that

DeletedUser

Yeah I agree a lot of the members don't have the experience to create a fantastic piece of work but I still think we should give them the chance ( I realize you aren't saying we shouldn't but ... you get what I mean right ? :D )

Ah In definitely agree we will get all of those things, but maybe there will be that gem in there as well that will inspire people to work harder next week ;)

People will probably still use a render and c4d's tbh ... :p

DeletedUser

Yeah I agree a lot of the members don't have the experience to create a fantastic piece of work but I still think we should give them the chance ( I realize you aren't saying we shouldn't but ... you get what I mean right ? :D )

Ah In definitely agree we will get all of those things, but maybe there will be that gem in there as well that will inspire people to work harder next week ;)

People will probably still use a render and c4d's tbh ... :p

I get ya ^^
Well, then let's give it a shot.. We'll see what we get :)

@ People who might participate: Don't ever EVER use a render in a large art.
Avé Moi!

[SPOIL]
Alain-Delon-Cesar2.jpg
[/SPOIL]

Edit: @ People who are going to complain about my very very big ego again, It's just a (messy) joke.
And the messy thing is a joke to one of the moderators here xD

DeletedUser

I do better at canvas arts then what I do with sigs and avvy's, so I shall be up for this :D

As for the theme, fantasy/mystery/combination of both?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I do better at canvas arts then what I do with sigs and avvy's, so I shall be up for this :D

As for the theme, fantasy/mystery/combination of both?

If you hadn't have noticed already, the theme for the first LAOTF is Freestyle, so you can create anything you want :)

DeletedUser

Uhh... there it is, it escaped my notice thanks to skimming. Thanks for pointing that out to me :D

DeletedUser

I have deleted several posts due to severe off-topicness...

A reminder to take personal conflicts to PM or Skype, rather than discussing them in the Large Art thread of all places. Let's maintain a civil discussion about - wait for it - graphics :)