Legion's Rise to #1

DeletedUser

History time! Now, scholars, please post productively and without any huge overdoses of insults, the story of Legion's rise to the point where it obtained the Rank 1 position.

Pivotal dates and events based on facts, not hearsay, please.

DeletedUser

History bores me, unless it includes a mass homicidal maniac, which this world does not have .. So here is my short summary of Legions rise:

[spoil]Day 1: "The day of the barbs"
They ate this many barbs |------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Day 2: "The day of the merging"
They merged this many times 1, 2.

Day 3: "War of the world"
They officially went to war

Day 4: "Where did everyone go?"
They started losing

Day 5: "Retreat!"
A clipping from a Legion council meeting:

Player 1: Sir, we lost rank 1, what do we do!?
Player 2: Stay behind Hawks in barb conquers.
Player 1: But wth will that achieve?
Player 2: An excuse!
Player 1: I'll tell Pherion the barbs declared war on him.
Player 2: Crisis averted :icon_cool: [/spoil]

Note: This is based on a true story, and no offense to anyone :lol:

DeletedUser

Can I be the mass homicidal maniac? I may have secretly kidnapped some of their players who went AWOL and have them stashed in my dungeon to this very day....

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

this can only be interesting if ppl take it a bit more seriously ... and without lame jokes like ddrmax's ... though I'm willing to bet he thinks he's being funny again :icon_neutral:

also, anything I say on these forums are my thoughts and my thoughts alone, so I'd rather they weren't associated with legion's leaders or council since I am neither.

DeletedUser

Hey myterms, why don't you open the same thread for HAWKS and see if anyone there has time to explain their rise to number being specific from day one about how they got where they are now?

DeletedUser

this can only be interesting if ppl take it a bit more seriously ... and without lame jokes like ddrmax's ... though I'm willing to bet he thinks he's being funny again :icon_neutral:

also, anything I say on these forums are my thoughts and my thoughts alone, so I'd rather they weren't associated with legion's leaders or council since I am neither.

I wish i could get involved but it will lead to an infraction again :).

LEgions rise to power from my perspective:

I don't know the start of legion untill I was in it, so I will start from the tribe I started in till it merged with and became legion.

There was a little continent called K36. A few good peeps were in about 5 different mass recruitment tribes at the time. Tribal war legend was our contact. He set it up so we weren't in 1 tribe to soon, but eventually more was created, some of the contacts joined right away, others stayed in their nubby mass recruitment tribes to disband and destroy them from within. When K36 was under control everyone came to more!?, and we allied with Sins in the south. After a while we became 1 tribe. To the south of sins there was legion.
The who war started, I had everything stacked, saurabh backstabbed and joined who, and pulled support from his account and 2 others jsut before attacks hit on me. I then ofcourse got saurabh banned :p. More?! had no leaders at the time, so we merged with legion. and became legion.
We went on fighting who for a while, with detox and hawks as allies. We legions didn't know much about hawks, and didn't really see them participate in the war, but it were detox their buddies so we assumed they where.
AFter some issues we laid down arms and merged with who?, wich we took a liking too because we had grown to respect eachother due to war efforts from both sides. Then we cleaned out or continents for a while and declared on e=mc2. The detox leadership at the time was sick of hawks, because they didn't find them good allies, so they declared on Hawks. Then some time past again, because all off detox leaders had quit or had plans to quit, most of detox merged into us.
That formed the big North to south legion.
Then some ex-detox people broke off and joined the other side, due to unresolvable differences of opinion between them and legion leadership. Well mav got kicked because he was their friend and sided with them. Mines i never would ahve expected to do such a thing, but if the pressure was to high, and no one helped out, it is maybe understandable, I liked him though, but we didn't really knew much about anything till it happened, at first I even though it was some secret plan, i really couldn't believe it ^^!. And the 3rd guy, well no one really cares where he is, what he does or say's
Then all was jolly till IFY quit, wich was the biggest bummer ever(for me anyway).
But now after a lot of crap, things are kinda stable and looking up again. Hawks will probably keep rank 1 for a while, half year or so, couple of months don't know, but unless more key people quit, I think we will retake the position in time, and vice versa.

That's about it, I know it's a huge block of text, got some spelling issues, and could maybe be better explained, but I got a pizza in the oven, and I thought i'd summerize it quick :).

DeletedUser

Hey myterms, why don't you open the same thread for HAWKS and see if anyone there has time to explain their rise to number being specific from day one about how they got where they are now?

I opened this as there was a lot of 'debate' in the topic about Hawks attaining #1 for the first time that was really discussing Legion's initial rise, not Hawks. I'd say the debate in that other topic will keep them going for a while still :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

The detox leadership at the time was sick of hawks, because they didn't find them good allies, so they declared on Hawks. Then some time past again, because all off detox leaders had quit or had plans to quit, most of detox merged into us.

@ All of this, and this is constructive feedback (I.e Not what I made up above to annoy hrgos, which did its job)

Detox leadership wasn't 'sick' of hawks - Detox had allies on both sides, and E=MC2 on the other side of the world, with no where to expand, and the game is called 'Tribal wars' so they made a decision and chose one ally over the other, as a strategic thing probably.

Check your facts, there was no agreement that Detox would merge into Legion and become one tribe, there was a totally different agreement between the Detox and Legion councils, which turned sour as your council did not see it through on their end.

DeletedUser

ddrmax, I did not find your post annoying, I found it dull, there's a huge difference :icon_neutral: you need way more than that to actually get on my nerves :icon_rolleyes: this is, has and always will be just a game for me ...

as for you (detox) not being annoyed with hawks, I can show you dozens of posts that show otherwise :icon_wink:

also blue, I do think adding a hawks thread would make things more interesting as well. we have not been talking about hawks' rise to power (as in from the start till now), it would be nice to have history threads for both tribes that ppl can refer to, to understand w33 better.

and finally I'd like to add a bit more to rhand's post :)

once more?! and sins had control of their respective Ks, we collaborated to take out w33's biggest family tribe (as lame as they were), the ACE family that controlled K37, this was our first international (out of continent war), and more?! and sins had control of the K quite quickly. It was not much later that watch! was formed.

Another out of K war was taking out OWNED that controlled k47 and had previously taken out jamm's tribe early on, this was done in collaboration with legion and was also very successful, very fast. In fact I was at a vacation and came back to see the war was over ^_^

DeletedUser

as for you (detox) not being annoyed with hawks, I can show you dozens of posts that show otherwise :icon_wink:

*Original Detox leaders

Rhand said the Detox Leaders didn't find them as good allies, I said that wasn't the case. It was solely for future expansion, instead of being boxed in with no enemy in sight. I can also show you messages of original Detox leaders being 'annoyed' with some of Legions decisions (yes, original Dom was neat and tidy and saved alot of important mail, which is still there) :)

Oh and there also is the fact, I spoke with her, and she never once mentioned it was because hawks weren't good allies .. but for what I said above :icon_rolleyes:

Repinski

They merged in Who?. The rank 3 tribe that was taking on the world and holding out.

DeletedUser

You weren't even there, go play somewhere else, instead of reading old mails, and thinking you know everything. I was around to talk to the people at the time. And a few weeks back I talked with brett golding for a while. And he made it very clear on how he stood on hawks and why they decided to declare on them. Domi might have been gone allready at that time I don't know, but you sure can't know, so again ur just turning whatever is said into nothing. And no I'm not gonna claim I'll leave the forum again, I allready know that I can't stay away. I'll just try to read topics before you do, respond, have some decent discussions, and hope ur not around for a while to yet again change the topic into nothing worthwile reading.

I can even give a very nice quote:
[29/10/2010 22:15:39] Brett Golding: I swear on my fathers grave that the time spent talking to Hawks about all there shit was 5 times the time i spent playing...

Good allies eh ? But I don't want to diss hawks to much, they did what they have to i suppose, and they are doing well now. But I just can't grasp how the hell you can act like you know stuff you weren't even around for to experience. I don't want to see it anymore. I'm looking for a ignore button.

Ignore List
DDRMAAX

DDRMAAX
This message is hidden because DDRMAAX is on your ignore list.

Great! Unfortunatly I can still see when you write though, and I'll still notice topics turning to crap after it, but atleast I won't be able to see what is said and will no longer have to reply to ur nonsense. (Lets hope I keep it on, cause to me you feel like a brainfreeze after eating ice-cream to fast.)

DeletedUser

I wish i could get involved but it will lead to an infraction again :).

LEgions rise to power from my perspective:

I don't know the start of legion untill I was in it, so I will start from the tribe I started in till it merged with and became legion.

There was a little continent called K36. A few good peeps were in about 5 different mass recruitment tribes at the time. Tribal war legend was our contact. He set it up so we weren't in 1 tribe to soon, but eventually more was created, some of the contacts joined right away, others stayed in their nubby mass recruitment tribes to disband and destroy them from within. When K36 was under control everyone came to more!?, and we allied with Sins in the south. After a while we became 1 tribe. To the south of sins there was legion.
The who war started, I had everything stacked, saurabh backstabbed and joined who, and pulled support from his account and 2 others jsut before attacks hit on me. I then ofcourse got saurabh banned :p. More?! had no leaders at the time, so we merged with legion. and became legion.
We went on fighting who for a while, with detox and hawks as allies. We legions didn't know much about hawks, and didn't really see them participate in the war, but it were detox their buddies so we assumed they where.
AFter some issues we laid down arms and merged with who?, wich we took a liking too because we had grown to respect eachother due to war efforts from both sides. Then we cleaned out or continents for a while and declared on e=mc2. The detox leadership at the time was sick of hawks, because they didn't find them good allies, so they declared on Hawks. Then some time past again, because all off detox leaders had quit or had plans to quit, most of detox merged into us.
Then some ex-detox people broke off and joined the other side, due to unresolvable differences of opinion between them and legion leadership. Well mav got kicked because he was their friend and sided with them. Mines i never would ahve expected to do such a thing, but if the pressure was to high, and no one helped out, it is maybe understandable, I liked him though, but we didn't really knew much about anything till it happened, at first I even though it was some secret plan, i really couldn't believe it ^^!. And the 3rd guy, well no one really cares where he is, what he does or say's
Then all was jolly till IFY quit, wich was the biggest bummer ever(for me anyway).
But now after a lot of crap, things are kinda stable and looking up again. Hawks will probably keep rank 1 for a while, half year or so, couple of months don't know, but unless more key people quit, I think we will retake the position in time, and vice versa.

That's about it, I know it's a huge block of text, got some spelling issues, and could maybe be better explained, but I got a pizza in the oven, and I thought i'd summerize it quick :).

John was just making a little funny what that could be interpreted by some people to be insulting and by others to be true .

Obviously this has little true facts apart from legion merged alot . Would also like to add that Legion backed up Detox more when we were in Detox (well this was what i felt anyway) .

Legion should be applauded for how long that tribe has been number 1 and noone and i mean noone would have not let Who? merge into them given the ground they would have won and how far ahead they would have been from anyone else .

Kudos to legion for taking advantage of this just as most smart people would have . Im adamant that this is the reason Legion have stayed as number 1 for so long looking at the core Who? players still there and in the council . Congrats to PZA7 for keeping the tribe together for so long .

Only qualm would be in the time period before warring e=mc2 and then hawks with detox you should have done some sitting of accounts and training players to become better at the game for thier benefit and the tribe as a whole . Many would have faired better then , but that requires alot of time (as i know :) ) and Pza7 seemed to not have much time . Hence why most issues were dealt by wesgan who i believe turned inactive(well less active than he was :p ) due to the time constraints taken to fulfil a tribe of that size , and pimpjam at that moment justin . That then left Yut yau and adamfogo with a few others to clean up the sits which they did a good job of but after a while killed poor yut off for a while (may be wrong but i got the impression you were knackered from them after was it erm awper madness? . I took that damn sitting and oit was living hell :/) , anyway back on topic . Well done to Legion . !

DeletedUser

ddrmax, I can get you skype msgs of detox "original leaders" talking about hawks :)

edit: no need for skype mail, everyone's say on the subject can be found here, including dom's - http://forum.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?t=179842

As I said, I can get you messages of them talking about Legion, but they chose to war with Hawks for strategic reasons, and the fact that they had allies bordering both sides with no where to expand :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Detox leadership wasn't 'sick' of hawks - Detox had allies on both sides, and E=MC2 on the other side of the world, with no where to expand, and the game is called 'Tribal wars' so they made a decision and chose one ally over the other, as a strategic thing probably.

Rhand said the Detox Leaders didn't find them as good allies, I said that wasn't the case. It was solely for future expansion, instead of being boxed in with no enemy in sight.

Oh and there also is the fact, I spoke with her, and she never once mentioned it was because hawks weren't good allies .. but for what I said above

... it looks like u were telling me detox wasn't sick of hawks/ didn't have problems with them ... or am I imagining stuff? check the thread I put there, they had tons of issues with hawks. u need to learn to admit when u r wrong, this is just a game, noone's gonna judge u for it ...

DeletedUser81101

I like Domis post as a light joke... why all the flaming already, we havent even finished a page!

To get a true, full history of LEGIONs rise to #1, you would need to go right back to its roots (LEGION, evoKe, SIKE, Watch!, Who?, DETOX) and tell their history... that would take a long time... and the only person left from the start of evoKe/SIKE/Morph! is Dravigas (nzgtv & myself came in at Morph!s peak)... so good luck getting the full history :p

DeletedUser

Rhand said the Detox Leaders didn't find them as good allies, I said that wasn't the case. It was solely for future expansion, instead of being boxed in with no enemy in sight.

Oh and there also is the fact, I spoke with her, and she never once mentioned it was because hawks weren't good allies .. but for what I said above

... it looks like u were telling me detox wasn't sick of hawks/ didn't have problems with them ... or am I imagining stuff? check the thread I put there, they had tons of issues with hawks. u need to learn to admit when u r wrong, this is just a game, noone's gonna judge u for it ...

Sigh .. Bolded out the parts which you seem to be too ... to understand.

All allies have issues with each other at some stage or another, off the top of my head the Who? merge into Legion - I guess you are too ... to know that original Dom would've probably warred Legion just over that if it was her choice. - Why didn't Detox war Legion instead? Because it was either Hawks or Legion, and I guess strategically they thought Hawks were the better choice. That is simple enough to breach even the thickest skull, so I wont reply to your ... comments anymore.

I like Domis post as a light joke... why all the flaming already, we havent even finished a page!

Exactly why I put the 'no offense' in it .. must have been true or something, because some people didn't find it funny.

DeletedUser

*sigh* ddrmax, you clearly mentioned that there were no problems between hawks and detox which is flat out wrong. accept it, embrace it.

please just read a cpl of the posts from the detox declaring war on hawks forum. The things you are saying, are what hawks were saying at the time, the things we are saying are what detox were saying at the time. I distinctly read several posts where it was mentioned that detox would never attack legion since we are friends (while hawks was insisting that it was due to strategic reasons). So go play in another park, bcz obviously you know nothing of the situation.

ps: don't bother writing the same cr** again as a reply, I won't be reading it :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

Wow. See? Why open a topic on Hawks yet? This one is enough to have to plough through and attempt to find the truth of it all.