Lets Pray For Them......

DeletedUser

What makes the Hebrew Scriptures perfect? Aren't they merely just another translation written down by men?

There are two main theories taught by the Christian Church. I haven't looked into them too much myself as it isn't the most important issue, although it is heatedly debated among the Jesus freaks. My church, the LCMS believes in divine inspiration. The Authors were essentially type-writers that God used to write his little book down. Since The Bible is inerrant, it had to be written by an inerrant source.

The second one, and I don't even know its name, is a theory that its God's book with the Author's flare. God provides the meat and the message and the author went from their and wrote it down. Much like an editor would for a poor writer... only in this case the editor is inferior. In this scenario, the Bible would be a bit more open to errors, especially in semantics. This scenario would make debating much easier tbh.

As I said, I don't know much about them myself, and only know of one verse that even mentions it so... I'm more in tune with the History of the Bible and the debate that goes on around its perfection. Not so knowledgeable on how it was written though.

DeletedUser

There are two main theories taught by the Christian Church. I haven't looked into them too much myself as it isn't the most important issue, although it is heatedly debated among the Jesus freaks. My church, the LCMS believes in divine inspiration. The Authors were essentially type-writers that God used to write his little book down. Since The Bible is inerrant, it had to be written by an inerrant source.

The second one, and I don't even know its name, is a theory that its God's book with the Author's flare. God provides the meat and the message and the author went from their and wrote it down. Much like an editor would for a poor writer... only in this case the editor is inferior. In this scenario, the Bible would be a bit more open to errors, especially in semantics. This scenario would make debating much easier tbh.

As I said, I don't know much about them myself, and only know of one verse that even mentions it so... I'm more in tune with the History of the Bible and the debate that goes on around its perfection. Not so knowledgeable on how it was written though.

Yet knowing how it was written is a key element in determining it perfection(or lack thereof), is it not?

The scrolls and texts we have today are not in the same time period as when the Old Testament is thought to be written. More than likely, in fact, is that the stories were handed down orally generation to generation before they were ever transcribed. Therefore, to assume that texts we have today, regardless of the language they are written in, are unchanged and unabridged from their original forms is quite ludicrous.

nathaniak

If god was omnipotent, then why would he let the bible be not completely true?

Anyway, if god did exist, he could definatly prove it - so why doesn't he?

DeletedUser

Maybe talk about this in the religious debate thread and focus on honoring the troops like the topic was made for?

DeletedUser

Maybe talk about this in the religious debate thread and focus on honoring the troops like the topic was made for?

Maybe you should read and see that the attempt to steer this topic back on course was already made.