Failed Vote Make Flags Visible to Everyone

Do you like this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deleted User - 11521651

I think the flags of everyone's villages should be visible at all times. Afterall, it's a flag. Flags are meant to be seen. They're flags.

This isn't really meant to be a strategy altering idea. I just want to show off my flags, and I want to see other people's collection of flags. I'm a bit of a vexillology nerd.

I think it would be interesting to see players' flags and how they utilize them. It's a facet of the game that could be expanded upon imo.

Thanks for your time!

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 11386048

This would make changing flags way riskier and would give away a lot of info. You could get info about whether a villa is off from that, know about a stack, attack when someone switches a flag and has the cool down.

Its an interesting idea, but checking your neighbors for flag changes all day long would make this game even more time consuming. And i dont want that xD

FamousInferno

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I definitely can see what you mean from a realism stand point that a flag should be visible on a village. I also can see from a gameplay standpoint how it would allow for a little bit of mind games and pretty cool scenarios and tacitcs.

That being said it isn't something I'd find too much fun/interest looking at the map constantly to view this. If it was tied to a scout report then I'd like it more maybe.

DPROKZ

Reaction score
I would second Famous Inferno's comment of having it included in the scouting report when you scout a village but to be able to view it at all times I think would just add complexity with minimal benefit.

valtheran88

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Maybe as long as you have a flag active you can have your own customized flags similar to other games creating badges that would create their own icon on the screen above your villages in place of the colored dot.

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I like the idea of it showing on a scout report. 50% survive to see the type 75% survive to see the level maybe a good option.

As a starting point to display flags on the map for your own account would be a nice feature. Along with on the overviews not just research.

bobertini

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
If this became a thing then I'd probably consider a flag can't be changed every 12 hrs or so to accommodate for the risk.

However, personally I think it'll be fairly obvious and actually adds to the element of surprise not to see a flag (hence i voted no). If you see for example a pop flag then you're going to act differently to attack flags and chances are this will mean flags aren't used as often and I see this as a buff to flag use in their entirety.

rickyson1

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I definitely can see what you mean from a realism stand point that a flag should be visible on a village. I also can see from a gameplay standpoint how it would allow for a little bit of mind games and pretty cool scenarios and tacitcs.

That being said it isn't something I'd find too much fun/interest looking at the map constantly to view this. If it was tied to a scout report then I'd like it more maybe.

personally if this were to be implemented I would ideally like to see it be tied to scouts as you say but also just show up constantly if a village is in range of a watchtower of yours

I think that would make sense both thematically and as far as gameplay goes