Map Upgrade

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I 100% love this map upgrade. I think it takes the game back to its roots with slight adjustments for improvements!

And of course it improves mobile compatibility, which is the driving force of the update.

Here is when it got announced and here is where only a couple of players gave feedback prior to it being released (all of which was positive) :p

*Pain In Da Axe*

Reaction score
I guess you would say that considering your part of the organisation behind the change.

I think Curious George has got it spot on:

I understand people aren't used to change and react to it badly so you'll want to wait to see if people adapt and get used to it first, but I'm not entirely sure of the logic to remove having the old option? At the moment you've managed to anger maybe 50%+ of the player base by forcing this new change onto them.

It'd be great if you add the option to revert back if you don't want the updated map.

As the old saying goes "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Last edited:

DeletedUser124654

as someone who previously used the classic settings the new map is disgusting.

Deleted User - 3135

Dear players,

As you may have noticed, the graphics of our ingame map have been completely updated! This is not only great news for new and mobile players, also Tribal Wars veterans will be especially happy: The new map graphics are based on our classic Tribal Wars world map, but with carefully redrawn and re-rendered graphics!

Please note that the option to switch map graphics will be removed due to this change, but we are sure you will like the new graphics as much as we do!

You can find more information about this change in our changelog.

Have fun and keep conquering!
Your Tribal Wars Team

Veterans... I wonder how many veterans they think remember that change. As the oldest veteran on the world I'll go ahead and say I preferred the last version!

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I guess you would say that considering your part of the organisation behind the change.

As the old saying goes "If it ain't broken, don't fix it".

Mods have no involvement in updates :D I genuinely prefer it.

As for the old saying. It was broken (or at the very least, not high enough quality for mobile players). That's part of why there has been an update!

Also, the map has always been a bit outdated when playing on mobile and high resolutions, because the villages were created for much smaller screen sizes. To make the map better, we took our old assets and completely redrew them with high resolution graphics - finally, zooming in will no longer lead to eye sore.

*Pain In Da Axe*

Reaction score
Mods have no involvement in updates :D I genuinely prefer it.

As for the old saying. It was broken (or at the very least, not high enough quality for mobile players). That's part of why there has been an update!

Well in my opinion as a long standing paying member, I think at the very least there should have been a majority vote or a trial period rather than just announce in 1 week before it was cast in stone.

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I disagree on that (also as a long-standing paying member), from both a logistical standpoint and a 'bug-fixing' standpoint.

Us players wouldn't vote on whether or not any other issues or bugs get fixed or trial the fixes to see if we want the bugs fixed. Those need to happen for certain parts of the game to function better!

This is exactly the same thing - yes it's a more noticeable change, but a big part of why it was done from what the announcement said was to improve functionality and accessibility for players using mobile :)

*Pain In Da Axe*

Reaction score
Then maybe for those on a PC should get the option to revert back to the old map as we didn't need an improvement to functionality and accessibility. How the hell you can play this game properly on a mobile is beyond me anyways.

valtheran88

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I personally like the change...It is very similar to the classic map I used last time I was in a tribe with One Last Shot and even back to when I started the game. I am unsure how the changes will effect premium features, though I will in a day or so when I reactivate on my worlds.

I do almost wish that the devs opened a beta world to dry fire and have some well known non troll non staff members play in consistently to vet changes similar to this coming out. Though having been on staff I have to disagree about the idea of giving a majority vote on to many things as there are way to many changed for better or worse that would not have moved simply because players do not like change. No matter our age range everyone that plays this game is pretty much converted to a rickety old man yelling at kids to stay off their lawn.

Then maybe for those on a PC should get the option to revert back to the old map as we didn't need an improvement to functionality and accessibility. How the hell you can play this game properly on a mobile is beyond me anyways.

I sometimes play this on my mobile browser and used to snipe and send trains from my phone as well. Though that was more back in my hayday and before the train features that were incorporated.

Aretas

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I don't understand how this update was done for "mobile players" or how even if it was done for mobile players means that the player community can no longer have the choice on how they want their map graphics to look like, since the map is one of the key features of the game. I play on both comp and mobile, and my mobile map is unchanged. I have an iPhone instead of an android. The mobile map is still the beloved map that I've enjoyed for years. Yes I get that other players out there prefer the more "classic" map view, but if anything has been proven from this update, its that there is a good amount of people who also preferred the "new" graphics over the "classic" one before this update came out and forced everyone to use the same graphics. What is wrong with wanting to have the individual choice in map graphics that best fits each players preferences. It is obviously possible for the game to have 2 different map graphics, as that's how the game has been for a long time before this update. So why are we now taking away players choices and forcing 1 graphics version on the entire player base?

EmperorFluff

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I originally hated it, but after playing TW's all day sending attacks, I actually like it(just takes a little while to get used to the change)

does anyone else get the feeling the villages are upside down lol It looks like what the kangarro hat does on aprils fools lol

DaWolf85

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I don't mind the new graphics, but bonus villages feel much more difficult to spot now, especially built-up ones.

Frying Pan Warrior

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
I know it was announced last week but I gotta admit now I've seen the new map upgrade I really don't like it compared to the old one.

The old map below was so much better:

View attachment 4471

If anyone agrees be good to get your thoughts ?

They've mucked it up yet again. The whole point of the old map was that each village type was distinguishable in some way.
299 pts - some tiny light brown 3 part thing
999 pts - a light brown non full circle with 4 things
2999 pts - a brown full circle with things all around
7999 pts - a brown hexagon
10999 pts - a RED hexagon
max - a red hexagon with BIG CIRCLE wall things and a MOAT

Now all the villages have red in them, breaking a huge distinguishment, Have to look more carefully at the shapes but it was much easier with colour.

1589300901969.png
Colours were easy. light brown -> brown -> red. They should really stop trying to improve parts of the game that aren't broken and tackle premium haha. Such as making it all subscription based so there's a cap.

EDIT: Why don't you start a suggestion thread to have them repeal this.

Last edited: