Merging

DeletedUser124796

I see lots of people nobling large second villages without killing any troops. It is clear to me that these are planned merges. Why are these merges allowed? Do these not break the push account rule? It seems unfair because it is nearly impossible to compete if you do not have another account to merge with. Please can someone explain.

4. Creating and/or using one or more accounts for the primary benefit of another account ("pushing"), as well as profiting from such behavior, is forbidden.

DeletedUser124798

"Pushing" is currently defined by Rule #9) "as regular resource transports from a weaker player to a stronger player."

Gifting a village, merging after a prior arrangement etc is not illegal nor is it considered pushing. Co-playing is not against the rules when done properly but it is also not supported and done entirely at a players own risk. We do not arbitrate any disputes that arise, nor would we prevent it from happening as in this case.

I can appreciate that it may seem unfair, but it is not against the game rules to start with the later intention of merging, nor would it be illegal to gift the villages without merging if the players so chose.

Written by a member of the support team, will not reveal his identitiy as salty cry babies might blame him because they feel like it is against the rules.

General Iroh

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Merging and pushing are two different concepts.

While I understand your concerns, merging (including the nobling of their villages) is allowed unless the two have been sharing a connection.

You can find an explaination on the process here

-
Pushing (the illegal one) is using another account to directly 'boost' someone through sending res reguraly from a small account to a larger account. For example during an event, two accounts using their warehouse filler items and they send it to the biggest account.

If you're not sure if an action is allowed, feel free to send in a ticket and the mods will investigate.

Ozzzxo

Reaction score
Its not illegal, its just not nice.

Ah well, nothing much can be done unfortunately. That's just how tribal wars is nowadays.

konrax

Reaction score
Even tho it is not illegal, I honestly believe the team should have take some measurements to prevent this on a world like this - where the primary target is for both old-school and new players to meet in a non-pp world to show their real skills in maneuvering in the game - not the rules.

I wont hate at the explanation given, cuz ofc merging is allowed according to the rules - but I still think some restrictions against this should have been taken on this world. Maybe something to look into for next HP and Classic rounds...?

General Iroh

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Even tho it is not illegal, I honestly believe the team should have take some measurements to prevent this on a world like this - where the primary target is for both old-school and new players to meet in a non-pp world to show their real skills in maneuvering in the game - not the rules.

I wont hate at the explanation given, cuz ofc merging is allowed according to the rules - but I still think some restrictions against this should have been taken on this world. Maybe something to look into for next HP and Classic rounds...?

On certain servers additional rules are allready in place for this reason and it wouldn't suprise me if we'll see it on .net too in the future.. :)

Xillah.

Reaction score

What sort of measurement would that be? How would it be implemented?

Not really sure what the team can be expected to do really. Come up with something and ask the community on the Ideas & Improvements board.

Cidvaramo

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
El Bahattee u bad reeeee you no kill troops reeee u cant noble spies reeee you cant merge reee you cant noble barbs reee

DeletedUser119333

I'll just splat my troops in startup for some ODA, I think thats what Im supposed to do :D

there's a slight chance tho you could have neighbors active enuf to compete, either that or that new meta, neighbors actively building mini nukes with 100+ cats just to splat em on you every 2-3 days. Don't act like we don't know when it's efficient to splat troops and when it isnt. We are all well aware whos fighting noone except time :)

konrax

Reaction score
What sort of measurement would that be? How would it be implemented?

Not really sure what the team can be expected to do really. Come up with something and ask the community on the Ideas & Improvements board.

Its hard to say since I dont know what measurements that can be taken - like how far they can track this etc... But I do see it will be hard to do anything about it. Its hard to find the exact differnt between a clean merge and a merge planned in the beginning to push one acc... So I'll be honest and just say I have not thought of specific measurements, and dont know what they could be - but I think that the team will have a better overview over what they can and are allowed to do and can have a meeting planning this for future rounds. When that is said, I dont expect any changes to be done since it is hard to find the correct line, as stated earlier, it was more like a hint for something they could look into if they have the time and resources, since it would leave HP and classic worlds more up to skills than finding loopholes in the rules.

konrax

Reaction score
Could stop merging the first 3 months of a world as a whole as implemented on other servers (I think).

Not speaking on behalf of the staff but stating my own opinion.

For example, that may be one solution

Whatever the team finds fit should be discussed with the community though, in a thread, so people can state their opinions on the matter aswell. But to me this does not sound too bad as a solution.

HotLikeDat

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Could stop merging the first 3 months of a world as a whole as implemented on other servers (I think).

Not speaking on behalf of the staff but stating my own opinion.

While I agree with the principle of this, it's just horrendously difficult to properly implement and police. People can say anything in a ticket to make it look a certain way...

2 friends join a world at the same tiem to play together, they relocate near each other. They're sitting each other during this period, taking turns to stay up late, to help with inactivity over night (as is so important in start-ups). Sadly, 3 weeks in, 1 of them has a major life event (job related / health / family) and can no longer continue, and decides to give his village to his friend (well of course he doesn't want it to go to his enemy!). Life event calms after a week or so though, and the other player returns to coplay.

or how about

2 friends join a world at the same tiem to play together, they relocate near each other. They're sitting each other during this period, taking turns to stay up late, to help with inactivity over night (as is so important in start-ups). Sadly, 3 weeks in, 1 of them decides to backstab the other. They have shared commands and he nobles him while his troops are out gaining the village for little/no cost. (or at least this is what they say in ticket). They make up after a week or so though, and the other player returns to coplay.

or how about

2 friends join a world at the same time with the pure intention of boosting/pushing/merging ASAP for a quick easy village. They sit each other in start up as they are coplayers and their times match, one of them naturally stays up late, and the other wakes early. 3 weeks in, they merge.

How can you possibly hope to distinguish between these? Sometimes legit reasons come up preventing people from playing the game, sometimes at 1 village, sometimes at 50, and of course they want to give their villages to thier friends or those that have helped them.

General Iroh

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
You can't distinguish the difference. So you have to enforce a rule that covers both I'm afraid. Same treatment.

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Reaction score