Mid Game Rule Changes (New Academy Rule)

Vandrade75

Obviously we hold a high level of integrity, If the NFL changed the ruled mid season do you think people would still watch the NFL? What about the NBA? here is a good example, what would you do if the refs stopped the game, had a meeting, and all of the sudden had a new rule, is that allowed in YOUR book of standards? Like I said in my first post, this rule change benefits me greatly, however I am against it simply because it is mid game, middle of a game that requires strategy.

Now that teleporting bundles is allowed, IMO a game which I enjoyed playing is now lame.

Then stop playing?
Thats what im doing in a couple of days, weeks, maybe months.:lol:

DeletedUser4915

*applauses*

Now everyone stop with your conspiracy theories. This was a game change what was completely nescassary. Notice how the people complaining tend to be lower pointers... Im not as large as Berz but stil at about three quarters of a million, shifting noble packets around is just a incredibly boring, non enjoyable and big pain in the rear end. Its a problem what effects every big player and sucks alot of the fun out of the game. I personally think its the best updated TW has given us so far.

Well Frankish, my respect as an ally, but since when did TW become all about the larger players? If anything this proves my point the game has out grown itself if this is what it takes to make it more enjoyable. From a financial perspective, there are a lot more smaller players who fund TW than larger players, I guess TW's rule change will not be going to the bank.

DeletedUser

From a financial perspective, there are a lot more smaller players who fund TW than larger players, I guess TW's rule change will not be going to the bank.

Thats a negative. The larger players all have PA... at a certain point the game would become unplayable if not for this upgrade. I believe most of the TW funding comes from players in the top 25% of players. Without PA the game becomes unplayable unless you could devote hours... and have alot of paper and pens to take notes. Launching attacks from 50+ villages would not be as easy without PA.... not evenyone has 50 villages but the players who have 30+ generally have a PA. So it is benifical to the larger players... and targets/helps the people who fund the game.

DeletedUser4915

Thats a negative. The larger players all have PA... at a certain point the game would become unplayable if not for this upgrade. I believe most of the TW funding comes from players in the top 25% of players. Without PA the game becomes unplayable unless you could devote hours... and have alot of paper and pens to take notes. Launching attacks from 50+ villages would not be as easy without PA.... not evenyone has 50 villages but the players who have 30+ generally have a PA. So it is benifical to the larger players... and targets/helps the people who fund the game.

I have had a player account since my first village, 7 months ago, I also think limiting (small) player involvement in the game will eliminate TW profits. Again, this rule change benefits me greatly, I can tele transport bundle in the blink of an eye from K54 to K34, where is the strategy in that?

DeletedUser4915

One additional point, instead of having 2k plus players possibly considering playing the game with PP's and paying $$$$, the top 500 can pay for premium and fight amongst themselves? I am willing to bet the game will get really boring at that point.

Vandrade75

One additional point, instead of having 2k plus players possibly considering playing the game with PP's and paying $$$$, the top 500 can pay for premium and fight amongst themselves? I am willing to bet the game will get really boring at that point.

At that point theres World 6 7 and 8 probably!

Vandrade75

Now let us end this World 2 with a big bang!
And let us stop being mean to each other!
Let us be known as World 2 err i don't know im bad with names...someone wanna help me?
(something positive)

lol

DeletedUser

I have had a player account since my first village, 7 months ago, I also think limiting (small) player involvement in the game will eliminate TW profits. Again, this rule change benefits me greatly, I can tele transport bundle in the blink of an eye from K54 to K34, where is the strategy in that?

Where is the strategy in simply waiting 100 hours for bundles?

Berz out.

DeletedUser4915

Where is the strategy in simply waiting 100 hours for bundles?

Berz out.

What is cool about playing a online STRATEGY game that revolves around the "dark ages" , horses, rams, cats, nobles, etc, where all of the sudden space age technology is introduced? Space age meaning the teletransporting of bundles of resources over dozens of continents.

DeletedUser

Obviously we hold a high level of integrity, If the NFL changed the ruled mid season do you think people would still watch the NFL? What about the NBA? here is a good example, what would you do if the refs stopped the game, had a meeting, and all of the sudden had a new rule, is that allowed in YOUR book of standards?

What if an NBA player put springs in their shoes for higher jumping, or an NFL team used a fabric for Jersey's thats makes them slick. A rule change would be made to make play more fair for everyone. They may have let them use it for awhile to test it out and see what happens but if deamed unplayable they would change the rules.

As unlikely as this sounds those sports have been around a long time and such changes will have been made over time to help the games along. Just like this one.

Berz out.

DeletedUser4915

What if an NBA player put springs in their shoes for higher jumping, or an NFL team used a fabric for Jersey's thats makes them slick. A rule change would be made to make play more fair for everyone. They may have let them use it for awhile to test it out and see what happens but if deamed unplayable they would change the rules.

As unlikely as this sounds those sports have been around a long time and such changes will have been made over time to help the games along. Just like this one.

Berz out.

Yes, I agree, however this rule change was made with out notice, with out a player poll (remember the Christmas break poll), and on top of it all, in the middle of a major world war.

AsburySkinsFan

Berz out.
Yes, but they don't change the rules in the middle of a season, instead they wait until the next season rolls around.

My guess is that the Romans really hated having to wait for all their taxes to come in before they could use them too. I bet they wished they could have academies like ours. This game was a simulator type game, now its just silly. Its only a matter of time before each player shares a single resource account for all of their villages, that way they won't need merchants anymore, because it is such a pain to wait 20 hours between merchant transports.

DeletedUser4915

Yes, but they don't change the rules in the middle of a season, instead they wait until the next season rolls around.

My guess is that the Romans really hated having to wait for all their taxes to come in before they could use them too. I bet they wished they could have academies like ours. This game was a simulator type game, now its just silly. Its only a matter of time before each player shares a single resource account for all of their villages, that way they won't need merchants anymore, because it is such a pain to wait 20 hours between merchant transports.

AMEN!! Ding Ding Ding, ESL's Minister of Truth hits the nail on the head.