Mine-Whoring strategy on limited haul worlds?

DeletedUser

Hi all, ok well I have been reading about TW strategies and having hated the intense farming needed on w68 I'm looking forward to the slower paced farming of w69.

w68 was the first game I played I think I did well got up to 6 villages and 50 coins but the farming intensity was too much for me as a first game so I simply logged out and haven't looked back.

i played a heavy LC strategy.

now looking at W69 I have been thinking a mine whoring strategy during BP using PP resource balancing and getting those mines up faster would be a decent strategy?

anyways i am going to pay this strategy for the beginning on this world as there is no paladin and limited hauls.

your thoughts? And your beginning strategy?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

now looking at W69 I have been thinking a mine whoring strategy during BP using PP resource balancing and getting those mines up faster would be a decent strategy?

Are you referring to the added premium features on W68? Such as village merchant and reduced building costs/build times?

They do not exist in this world.

As for strategies, DaWolf85´s Guide Library might help you as well as other peoples experience on similar worlds.

DeletedUser105718

You don't need anything but the quest troops to farm.

DeletedUser

Do you have to build the barracks to get the quest troops? I can't remember.

He is right...

Yes.

And I don't think he is, I think the best strat would be to always have enough troops to be able to reach the limited cap as quick as possible as that may allow for mines to be built a few hours or so earlier giving a very slight lead. Then again never played a limited haul world before.

DeletedUser

i am thinking mines would be better as they have a slightly higher production as well?

bash out the troops needed to reach the limit as soon as BP is over.

DeletedUser

And I don't think he is, I think the best strat would be to always have enough troops to be able to reach the limited cap as quick as possible as that may allow for mines to be built a few hours or so earlier giving a very slight lead. Then again never played a limited haul world before.

That sounds about right, in terms with best efficiency with a little pointwhoring.

I guess I look at the big picture not only the early days of the world.

DeletedUser101767

Yes.

It will cost more buying extra troops to farm quicker than what you would save by farming quicker.

(If that makes sense? :lol:)

i am thinking mines would be better as they have a slightly higher production as well?

bash out the troops needed to reach the limit as soon as BP is over.

If you are on your own, you can ignore troops and solely focus on mines up until people near you reach workshop. Or at least show signs of going for workshop. Up until that point they can't really damage your village as the haul cap will be so low.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

i guess this world will be a point whoring race to the second village as stealing resources and slowing players around you wont work with limited hauls.

DeletedUser

I remember the 10 sp/sw you can easily get is more then enough to keep your farming capped out. You need to farm with them ~3 times a day I think and usually get full hauls as you don't even need to compete with others since it's nearly impossible to empty barbs of resources.

All seeing I

Easiest strategy to get ahead fast is have a friend start near you they build troops and kill anyone who might be a threat. You mine whore and push for nobles. Then noble them. They become your coplsyer and you have two relatively built villages.

DeletedUser105718

It appears I have, and you don't need any extra troops aside the quest ones to farm effectively. When you start it's 1k worth of resources, so about 333/333/333. You're going to spend a lot more then that to actually get more troops to "effectively farm" them.

Concentrating on mines is a lot more important.

DeletedUser

I am going to treat this as a no hauls world startup for the most part. Mines are going to be far more important then troops

DeletedUser

Easiest strategy to get ahead fast is have a friend start near you they build troops and kill anyone who might be a threat. You mine whore and push for nobles. Then noble them. They become your coplsyer and you have two relatively built villages.

Isn't joining a world with another player with the intention of getting a free easy village at some point, account pushing and against the rules?

DeletedUser

It will cost more buying extra troops to farm quicker than what you would save by farming quicker.

(If that makes sense? :lol:)

Well I only meant a few extra and as Sacredfool said you only need around 3 trips a day so that's okay in that case I wouldn't build anymore. I'm looking forward to this world. :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

3 trips just fer the first day, next ye'll need 6, then 9, then 12 n' so on. Mind ye they must all be full hauls n' hope ye don run into a spike!

DeletedUser

For the first few days doing just resources is the best way to go! After 3-5 days, that's when you start balancing it out with troops.

DeletedUser

Keep troops as low as possible to farm the maximum amount.

One important point people didn't mention was to only build defense troops for farming. Researching axes/lc, etc is a waste and won't help you when your neighbour decides to cat you because you're a pointwhore.