Moderation Concerns

DeletedUser

Jirki's declaration

And one more thing to add:

* We don't allow discussion of infractions/bans or moderation.

If you feel that an infraction was unfair, or a ban was, or have something to say about the moderation: PM an Elder Mod. We take those PM's seriously. Posting threads about it here will however get you nowhere.

They take them so seriously that they can't be bothered to answer PMs.
..and this goes for the mod(Casus)...the Elder (Killa) and the Administrator (Jirki).

As for our lovely mod...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Casus Belli said:
Well, as I can see you love me so much, I decided to pm you. I honestly don't know what your problem is, because as far as I'm aware, I really have answered all your mails. If you can tell me a date or something one was sent that I haven't, then I'll be glad to look. I tend to like mails, they make me feel special when I log on :icon_redface:

As for Killa not responding... well, there's really nothing I can do about that. I can't force him into doing anything. He's a very stubborn man. I'm sure if he didn't respond though, he had a good reason. He's very good at his job normally. And for the deleted post thing. Generally if I delete, I have a good reason, whether you agree or not. Some posts are actually moved though, such as the ones in the voting thread. But, if the post was in fact deleted, then the elders can still see it. If you simply direct them to the thread in question and tell them roughly when you posted it, it should be easy for them to find it.

My problem is (and you haven't answered all my mails) that you, first send me a warning because you don't understand my post and you do nothing about it, and second you delete one of my posts again for not understanding the post. You say it's not personal, so there must be another explanation.

You say you have a good reason for deleting posts and killa also has a good reason for not responding to mails. Well, what I say is that all of you will always have a good reason.. You pretend that this is a fair moderation team who respond to our queries and complaints in a professional matter. Apparently you don't and I 'm not the only one who thinks so. Your (all mods) answers to our mails are arrogant and you never admit any of your mistakes. You act like a cartel with everything being a well kept family secret and your claims that we should be contacting you personally instead of posting on the forums is your way of applying your fascist moderation regime.

I'm not prepared to play power games with you sending back and forth messages quoting posts and details and discussing them. Find someone else for that.

As you said mails make you feel special and you quite right. I believe being a TW mod also does make you feel special (as it's true for the rest of your team) as it obviously fulfills your need to sell power. This is very evident both by your moding actions (where you obviously set your own rules different to those written down) as well as from many of your posts where the phrase 'shut up' seems to be your favourite one.

If your idea of experienced moding is to be deleting posts that you deem off topic because you don't understand them in a 2year old world, then I wish you good luck because soon there will be no posts to delete or warning to share in order to satisfy your hunger for power.

Casus Belli said:
Honestly, I don't delete nearly as many posts as I could. Y'all do stray off topic a lot, even someone new to this world can tell. And I won't claim my responses to my mail are done in a professional manner. I'm much more relaxed here, realized I didn't care how I sounded in my own mail.

The whole warning thing? Yeah, basically stop bitching about it. If you really disagree w/ it, then take it to my elder. If Killabeast agrees with you, he can reverse it. But honestly, it has no effect. A warning just shows in the system you've been warned, doesn't add points to your record or anything. Hence why I haven't really done anything about getting it removed. Not that I can, for the record. Regular mods can't reverse warnings or infractions, even the ones they gave.

Yes, I tell you all to shut up. I also call W15 children a lot, not sure if I do it here. I honestly see no point in trying to speak official lingo. I can phrase shut up so it sounds nice and pretty, but there's no point in it. In the end they both mean the same thing. Besides, even if I did that you'd find a reason to whine about it. That's what I've learned. Nothing I do is gonna be ok w/ you, and so I don't really care.

Mods aren't allowed to answer all questions directed at us. If something we've done involves an action against somebody else, then we can't share. You feel that I've deleted all your posts w/o cause, but some were deleted b/c they were reference to another deleted post. And some are off topic. Just because you're self-centered and feel W22 revolves around you doesn't make it so. I may not get all the references, but some are very blatantly off topic.

As for the power thing, yeah, I actually don't really tend to like having it. I'm in no way power hungry. I've had opportunities for more powers in other places, and turned them down. I just don't feel comfortable that way. Think what you will, but I know me well enough to not be bothered by it.

Right, and if this mail is really random and incoherent, I apologize. I'm sick atm, makes me ever worse of a typer than usual.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Jirki,
when a mod thinks that they can substitute 'official lingo' with extended use of the words 'shut up' and , I will 'stab you in the face' . It is a sad state of affairs!!!

W22 forums where having an unusual resurgence just before Casus arrived. The situation now is very different. And it would be when a mod thinks a world is theirs to 'whip' and apply 'their rules'.
Unfortunately after a series of unfair warnings and a lot of silly post deleting, long standing active posters are departing. All you have to do is take a look at some of the latest posts (if she doesn't delete them) to see what W22 posters think.

The following quotes (from W22) may convince you, although somehow I doubt it. Killabeast did not even bother answering my mail.

Ohaidere W22! I'm Casus, your friendly neighbor mod. I has been mod since June, so no trying to play stupid tricks on me, kay? Ummmm... anyone who wants to update me on current world situation so I can follow better will win mod cookie. I is open to any questions and whatnot.
This looked promising. A new experienced mod open to questions.

You, shut up and go back to your corner.No, I don't love you. At all. The truth hurts Lewd.Nope, not at all. I be mean and ebil and whatnot. I will kill you if you call me a guy again, kay? ^_^ You're stuck w/ me for a while. I'm a well-established mod by this point. Correction, I'm in charge here ^_^ Trip, I will stab you in the face -_- And to the rest of y'all, thanks for the lovely greetings. We'll learn more about each other and my rules later, kay?
First signs of of a ‘different’ mod. Charming!!
Her Rules? Very interesting

^_^ You dear, have officially made my shitlist. I'd say congratulation on being the first on from W22, but Lewder beat you to that long ago :icon_confused:
More charming language from the new mod!!!

All of you shut up -_- Especially those of you instigating fights about stupid crap or spamming w/ pictures.
What can I say? She is definitely not keen on using ‘official lingo’. A nice relaxed ‘friendly neighbour mod’

Naw, I'm good. W22 needs to suffer my modship now.
What?!!! Only moding W22 for a few days and seems to have developed a disliking for the whole world already!!!

Well, 2 thoughts to this. 1 has been said by others already, but I feel the need to reiterate. I am female. 2, I've been a mod since June, y'all don't scare me in the least and unless I need to be moved again then y'all are stuck with me. You might as well get used to iit.<3 Kitteh
Whow!!! “you’re all stuck with me”?. Sounds like she means business.!

Psht, according to recent thread, 1/2 this world's posters already hate me (which means I'm doing pretty dang good)You go away.
Oh yes!! World 22 hates her, so she’s just about to show them who’s the boss. Someone on a power trip by any chance?

Children, lets try this brand new idea. It's called staying on topic. As in, shut up about cod in here.
There we go. On a mission to ‘shut everyone up’.

I need a new whip tho :( My old one has W11 all over it. I have issues just finding sigs in my collection now b/c so many have W11 on them. Someone should make me a whip to beat y'all w/ for W22 (aka a sig)
Whip? Violent tendencies too. If I remember well it was a knife on someone's face before.

Really? W22 seems to think I'm evil.
I wonder why?

Awww, you don't sound happy w/ me. That breaks my heart, it really does. :icon_sad: Posts I delete have something that breaks the rules in them. That may be that they're off topic, it may be they're insulting someone, or it may be quoting or responding to a deleted post. Or there's other situations as well. Point being, there's always a reason.
I very much doubt it. The only apparent reason is that you wanna whip the whole world because they “hate” you

And from another world...
Yeah, good luck eliminating me Dalek. I have mod super powers. All the cool ppl do.
Obviously someone who thinks being a mod is about exercising its “super powers” on others
Not power hungry at all!!

Whether Casus or any other mods think that posters are naughty children who need to be whipped and told to shut up the reality is different. Most poster are paying customers who play TW and and come here to enhance their gaming experience with more interaction, winding up their opponents, discussing the game and other non relevant issues. And that's how they should be treated. Behaviours which seeks to satisfy the needs of individuals to exercise 'imaginary' power on others are highly unprofessional even for 'volunteers' and should be weeded out.
Mods are here to moderate the Forums, not get involved in a personal 'wars' with whole worlds.

Regards
Maj
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course both Jirki and Killabeast could not even be bothered to answer my PMs because they take them so 'seriously'.
I suppose deleting posts and sending infractions is more serious biz for them. It satisfies their power hunger.

Typhi

Hi Maj,

You've written a few posts on this subject, I decided on this one simply because it's the longest. ^_^

I'd like to start off with your first paragraph, the one about being ignored. I would like to hereby assure you that you are not being ignored the moderation team, and cite this post as evidence. Also, I believe you have since been responded to by Casus, who, incidentally, has been quite busy with final exams for the past few days which would explain any delay. As for Jirki88... we're having trouble finding your pm. :> Did you perhaps send it from a different account?

Anyway, we have here in W22 what appears to be a difference in style -excuse the euphemism- between some posters and Casus. As is always the case, we, the moderation team have a number of cards that can be played to resolve this issue. But first, we'd like to hear what you and the rest of W22 has to say. What would be the ideal outcome?

Kind regards,
Typhi

Last edited:

DeletedUser57711

get rid of her we have all had it with the simple fact we get told of for things like saying douche but a mod can say going to kill you or stab you in face. or delete post because she did not understand the link between saying a tribes life in w22 was like liverpools football season which was on topic not of but got deleted i complain and all i got was 2 warnings and 2 infracts in no time at all. i for one will be glad to see the back of her or of these forums if she is not moved from this wf there here for us not for some girls power trip. oh and if i get an infract for this i will be very upset as you have ask how we feel

DeletedUser

No one will be infracted as long as you follow the rules, so dropping in certain words can earn an infraction. And also as long as people can make civil posts.

DeletedUser57711

then kiler please tell me how she is still a mod after not only breaking the rules of the forum but breaking the law as well?

Typhi

get rid of her we have all had it with the simple fact we get told of for things like saying douche but a mod can say going to kill you or stab you in face. or delete post because she did not understand the link between saying a tribes life in w22 was like liverpools football season which was on topic not of but got deleted i complain and all i got was 2 warnings and 2 infracts in no time at all. i for one will be glad to see the back of her or of these forums if she is not moved from this wf there here for us not for some girls power trip. oh and if i get an infract for this i will be very upset as you have ask how we feel

Hi warmad,

I have no intention of infracting you, though I wish you would be a bit more diplomatic in your phrasing. :p

So you feel that the differences between and Casus are irreconcilable, eh. That certainly complicates things. I'd like to shed some of what Casus does though, if I may. Having had the benefit of longer contact with Casus I know when she's playing around, as did her previous worlds. It unfortunately seems that the relationship between her and W22 has no room for such things.

Thanks for expressing your solution, we'll keep it in mind. :)

Last edited:

DeletedUser

We would love a mod who could play around, and have some fun with us. But it is hard for us to make conversation on a forum, where A) And post that is off topic, but is in connection with previous posts gets deleted and B) Infractions/Warnings are handed out for almost anything.

We @ W22 all get along fairly well on the forum, and whist we go off topic, and talk about random things, we will always return to topic, by all means delete posts when they contain words that are obviously not appropriate or when the posts are seriously insulting for other people. But deleting posts that have become become off topic when they are neither, and deleting soo many s ridiculous, How can you expect us as a forum community to communicate with each other when our posts cant have any communication in them

DeletedUser57711

Hi warmad,

I have no intention of infracting you, though I wish you would be a bit more diplomatic in your phrasing. :p

So you feel that the differences between and Casus are irreconcilable, eh. That certainly complicates things. I'd like to shed some of what Casus does though, if I may. Having had the benefit of longer contact with Casus I know when she's playing around, as did her previous worlds. It unfortunately seems that the relationship between her and W22 has no room for such things.

Thanks for expressing your preference, we'll keep it in mind. :)

sorry i am not very good with words hence why i never get picked as a diplomat lol and yes okay let me try and explain better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casus Belli
You, shut up and go back to your corner.

I will kill you if you call me a guy again, kay? ^_^

Trip, I will stab you in the face -_-
3 things in one post that would get our post deleted or us baned/warning if we put it.

here are some forum rules that i think it goes against

1: Manners
Please treat each other with respect and remain polite.

2: Personal insults are not allowed anywhere in this forum or in any ‘other’ private format. Please make sure that all insults or “flames” are strictly game-related. Any Real Life (RL) related insults will be strictly punished.

3: Players who deliberately act against the building of a community will be denied access to these forums. well your killing it

then laws this goes against is simple (even if not ment is is still against the law)

In many jurisdictions, death threats are a criminal offense. Death threats are often covered by coercion statutes. For instance, the coercion statute in Alaska says:
A person commits the crime of coercion if the person compels another to engage in conduct from which there is a legal right to abstain or abstain from conduct in which there is a legal right to engage, by means of instilling in the person who is compelled a fear that, if the demand is not complied with, the person who makes the demand or another may inflict physical injury on anyone....[1]
A death threat can be communicated via a wide range of mediums, among these letters, newspaper publications, telephone calls, internet blogs,[2] and e-mail. If the threat is made against a political figure, it can also be considered treason. If a threat is against a non-living location that frequently contains living individuals (e.g. a building) it could be a terrorist threat. Sometimes death threats are part of a wider campaign of abuse targeting a person or a group of people

Last edited:

Angel Styles

You know what.

This is Gen Disss.

A certain Topic that MJ made.

I happen to agree with EVERYTHING and ANYTHING she says.

WHY?

I have that much faith in her.

With that said......

"Still on topic I hope"

Thank you MJ, for doing all you have done to voice your views, and thoughts.

You always do what is right and always try and defend what needs to be defended.

If my post, that is giving nothing but PURE Thanks to you, for being who you are gets deleted, then TRUST me when I say, there might be a probby here

=^.+= Kitty Wink =P

(of topic) See whale, ya don't need smiles to work for ya, ya just need to make it work for ya. Pfffffft

Typhi

We would love a mod who could play around, and have some fun with us. But it is hard for us to make conversation on a forum, where A) And post that is off topic, but is in connection with previous posts gets deleted and B) Infractions/Warnings are handed out for almost anything.

We @ W22 all get along fairly well on the forum, and whist we go off topic, and talk about random things, we will always return to topic, by all means delete posts when they contain words that are obviously not appropriate or when the posts are seriously insulting for other people. But deleting posts that have become become off topic when they are neither, and deleting soo many s ridiculous, How can you expect us as a forum community to communicate with each other when our posts cant have any communication in them

Hi whalefish,

Those are most definitely valid concerns, though at the same time I am sure Casus felt she had good reasons for deleting the offtopic posts. You wish for more posting freedom in order to build the community, Casus wishes to prune the posting so that only worthwhile things remain.. to build the community. Same goal, different means.

What would be the ideal solution, from your perspective?

sorry i am not very good with words hence why i never get picked as a diplomat lol and yes okay let me try and explain better

3 things in one post that would get our post deleted or us baned/warning if we put it.

here are some forum rules that i think it goes against

1: Manners
Please treat each other with respect and remain polite.

2: Personal insults are not allowed anywhere in this forum or in any ‘other’ private format. Please make sure that all insults or “flames” are strictly game-related. Any Real Life (RL) related insults will be strictly punished.

3: Players who deliberately act against the building of a community will be denied access to these forums. well your killing it

then laws this goes against is simple (even if not ment is is still against the law)

[alaskan law excerpt removed for legibility]

The post you quoted was 'between friends' as it were. The people Casus was talking to were people that have known her for quite a long time, and understand when she's joking. The inverse is true as well, did you have a look at the posts she was responding to? "Casus left me he no longer gives me the man love" <- They weren't the politest of the bunch either. ;P

With the context of friendship in mind (or at least mutual understanding), I for one wouldn't infract for it - because I know the circumstances. Nor would I do so if any of you posted something in similar circumstances.

It'd of course be something entirely different if one tribe declared war on the other and then the death threats started flying. Do you follow my reasoning? Context is everything, unfortunately. :/

DeletedUser57711

totally understand but it is hard for us as people have been banned on this forum for using the same words as a joke.
i just think it has got out of hand and the bridges are not there to be mended because we have lost some of our favorite posters that helped keep what is a dead forum alive. we would accept her as our mod if there was not what seems to be a power trip may not be as you say we do not know her like you do but at this rate we do not want to which is bad i know.
but end of the day the forum is ours as it only purpose is to be used by the w22 players. which if they keep leaving at this rate you might as well remove the whole thing.

i can't see why she just can't be moved to a new world forum and have someone like yourself who seems call and collective and will let things slide to a point where as she will just delete anything she does not understand or in any way or form off topic even by a small amount

my rants are over (as you all say thank god) will look forward to the outcome

DeletedUser

Imma commence my giant tl;dr wall of text on W22 history, for the sake of the mods, community and others to explain W22's reluctance to moderation. (NB: Typhi, this is kind of a reply to the PM you sent me early this morning AEST).

As MJ said, Casus came along to the forums back in late March. And even then nobody liked her 'Ya'll my slave here and I'll whip you if ya'll don't behave' kind of thing (best done in a Texan accent). Of course, unlike W11/W15, W22 treats women as equals, rather than a speciality of which your goal is to e-marry (you can see this in GD sections in those worlds).

And so, some of Casus' power goes to her head, and she starts infracting for off-topic stuff and some vulgar language. I must admit that some of it is deserves punishment - some of it doesn't.

But before we proceed, let me explain why W22 doesn't like mods of any kind.
Back in the day of W22 (~October 2008 - June 2009 aka dchogs incident), our mods never moderated (bar a small period when Atomic Cloud was about - but nobody complained about him, as he was pretty awesome and friendly) - and this is where my daily spam trains originated, when our mods barely, if ever came on, and nobody cared about the rules. Things were punished as necessary, spam reigned supreme, and the community was happy.

Then we had dchogs. Lots of anger, modbashing and quite similar to this situation.

dchogs goes away mid-August (just when I come back), and W22 returns to its boring no-mod kind of state. Amazer71 comes along, then we have kdebbles, who is like Atomic back in April 2009. Then kdeb leaves and so we meet Casus.

Personally I consider Casus' Off-Topic moderation specifically too harsh considering how delicate the world's activity is. We've seen already activity go from daily spam trains to 0 in a month or so (*cough* DCHOGS *cough*).

Also, I thought one of Casus' rules that everyone has the right to post here, and that telling people to 'shut up' is against the rules?

If this Casus rule is not valid, I'd like an apology for what I was put through at the start of this year, and maybe a reversal of the punishment followed. (I can explain through PM).

DeletedUser

Hi Maj,

You've written a few posts on this subject, I decided on this one simply because it's the longest. ^_^

I'd like to start off with your first paragraph, the one about being ignored. I would like to hereby assure you that you are not being ignored the moderation team, and cite this post as evidence. Also, I believe you have since been responded to by Casus, who, incidentally, has been quite busy with final exams for the past few days which would explain any delay. As for Jirki88... we're having trouble finding your pm. :> Did you perhaps send it from a different account?

Anyway, we have here in W22 what appears to be a difference in style -excuse the euphemism- between some posters and Casus. As is always the case, we, the moderation team have a number of cards that can be played to resolve this issue. But first, we'd like to hear what you and the rest of W22 has to say. What would be the ideal outcome?

Kind regards,
Typhi
First of all Typhi if the mod team had given the due attention that you claim you do. We would never have to have this thread.
The way I see it there's no ideal outcome. I personally would love to be banned so I can't come in here and argue with Big Bad mods anymore.

My post to Jirki is entirely quoted on the 1st post of this thread. (I copied it into a word document before sending it)
I do not have another account.

Casus sent me an infraction for a personal insult when the insult was directed towards the name of a tribe (CoD). She admitted that she did not understand the comment, but neither her or Killabeast did nothing about it. In fact killabeast said he did not like my tone either.
If we cannot 'insult tribes what's the point of posting here?
related post that got the infraction
Do keep believing that.. you've always been fond of excuses and repeating them to yourselves... obviously it does work.
The rest of us do spend sometime thinking every now and then, but i suppose that would be a huge evolutionary step in terms of brain size for fish.
The tribe is called CoD

Later on Casus deleted a post again because she did not understand them ( a metaphor comparing a tribe to an English football club) as off topic. When I contacted her she dismissed me again.

Her behaviour and language on these forums has been nothing but rude and oozing of power hunger

I followed all the right channels mod >elder>administrator but I got no answers from them. Obviously you system doesn't work as I'm not the only one who has been shouting at a wall. Others were similarly ignored.

When we do get responses their pompous and vague.

and the latest....

Dear mihajes,

You have received an infraction at TribalWars Forum.

Reason: Inappropriate Language
-------
You really don't want to push me. As Jirki and I have both said before, just because you don't hear back it doesn't mean things aren't being done. To post this makes me think that you are an unreasonable poster and generally are just trying to cause trouble. Which I thought you were a more reasonable and level headed poster. Further things like this will result in a ban.

From Killabeast

Dear mihajes,

You have received an infraction at TribalWars Forum.

Reason: Inappropriate Language
-------
Language and Mod Bashing . "Pussy" is not allowed on the forums, neither is mod bashing.
-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.
-----------------------------
Original Post:
http://forum.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?p=5052493
Quote:And this concludes my Forum presence.

I was gonna end it with a very long post dedicated to our lovely last mod who seems to enjoy and abuse her mod 'power' even more than the last dork, (funny species mods aren't they?) but I just don't see the point of writing a long post which will be deleted.

This aging forum is suffering enough as it is to be able to survive with posts deleted and posters warned or banned for 'swear' words such as 'pussy' (you're a bad bad boy whalefish1!!!), 'personal' insults regarding the brain size of the species Gadus morhua (I don't expect you to understand this either Casus) or even 'off topic' comparisons regarding Liverpool's (English football club Casus!!) season to that of the equally historic W22's -3- tribe.

Maybe if you were more polite to posters instead of telling them to 'shut up' all the time, (just check your previous posts. You'd may be surprised by how many times you use the words), then you could be regarded as...

-a kind mod and not a pussy,...
-definitely the owner of a bigger size brain than cod ...
-and not responsible for the Liverpool like decline of the forum

Thanks to everyone who took the time to read my posts and/or to argue with me .... even old Ywevis. It's been fun.

All the best,
TribalWars Forum

I said I won't be back, but I couln't resist.

Pussy.....pussy....pussy

There's another 3 points killapiss

Ooops..modbashing too. That's 4.
How about a permanent ban?

Funny how suddenly I get all these messages from you. We really need to be braking the rules and be abusive to attaract your attention

I'll tell you what killa
I do wanna push it.
Both your attitude and Casus's simply stinks.
Casus was way out of line and you refused to do anything about it. So you can take your forum and do what you like with it.
Do ban me please. I'm amazed you have done so yet after all the abuse I threw at you. In fact why don't you do an IP ban?

If you wanna see what kind of poster I was you should have done so by checking my posts when I complained about Casus, but you didn't. and neither did you for the rest who complained.

You have no right to judge me. You would have if you did your job to control Casus' troublesome posts first. I just followed her example. Isn't that what mods are for?

Last edited by a moderator:

Typhi

my rants are over (as you all say thank god)
Oh not at all, it's been good to have your contribution.

will look forward to the outcome
As do I! ;D

To any other readers out there, I'm afraid that I'm going to have to sign off for a good portion of the upcoming 24 hours. Just toss your thoughts into this thread with the rest; I'll get to them as soon as possible.

EDIT: Oh dear. More has arrived. Sleep postponed.

Last edited:

Typhi

Forgive the double post, but this needs to show up as a new post.

Imma commence my giant tl;dr wall of text on W22 history, for the sake of the mods, community and others to explain W22's reluctance to moderation. (NB: Typhi, this is kind of a reply to the PM you sent me early this morning AEST).

As MJ said, Casus came along to the forums back in late March. And even then nobody liked her 'Ya'll my slave here and I'll whip you if ya'll don't behave' kind of thing (best done in a Texan accent). Of course, unlike W11/W15, W22 treats women as equals, rather than a speciality of which your goal is to e-marry (you can see this in GD sections in those worlds).

And so, some of Casus' power goes to her head, and she starts infracting for off-topic stuff and some vulgar language. I must admit that some of it is deserves punishment - some of it doesn't.

But before we proceed, let me explain why W22 doesn't like mods of any kind.
Back in the day of W22 (~October 2008 - June 2009 aka dchogs incident), our mods never moderated (bar a small period when Atomic Cloud was about - but nobody complained about him, as he was pretty awesome and friendly) - and this is where my daily spam trains originated, when our mods barely, if ever came on, and nobody cared about the rules. Things were punished as necessary, spam reigned supreme, and the community was happy.

Then we had dchogs. Lots of anger, modbashing and quite similar to this situation.

dchogs goes away mid-August (just when I come back), and W22 returns to its boring no-mod kind of state. Amazer71 comes along, then we have kdebbles, who is like Atomic back in April 2009. Then kdeb leaves and so we meet Casus.

Personally I consider Casus' Off-Topic moderation specifically too harsh considering how delicate the world's activity is. We've seen already activity go from daily spam trains to 0 in a month or so (*cough* DCHOGS *cough*).

Also, I thought one of Casus' rules that everyone has the right to post here, and that telling people to 'shut up' is against the rules?

If this Casus rule is not valid, I'd like an apology for what I was put through at the start of this year, and maybe a reversal of the punishment followed. (I can explain through PM).

Thank you, that was enlightening, and has influenced our decision (see the bottom of this post). As for your infraction appeal however, if you don't mind, I'd like to resolve this current issue first as soon as possible, please feel free however to take it up with me in pm once the general w22 situation has been resolved.

First of all Typhi if the mod team had given the due attention that you claim you do. We would never have to have this thread.

We obviously have made some mistakes, this thread is an attempt to correct them. I'm trying to pay due attention now, please work with me. :p

The way I see it there's no ideal outcome. I personally would love to be banned so I can't come in here and argue with Big Bad mods anymore.

Do you really, truly want to be banned? Forgive me, but I hope not. If you do, then nothing I say or do here makes any difference which is a disheartening thought. :(

My post to Jirki is entirely quoted on the 1st post of this thread. (I copied it into a word document before sending it)
I do not have another account.

We were unable to track it down. Is it in your sent items? The forum goes down regularly. Either way, we apologise.

Funny how suddenly I get all these messages from you. We really need to be braking the rules and be abusive to attaract your attention

I'll tell you what killa
I do wanna push it.
Both your attitude and Casus's simply stinks.
Casus was way out of line and you refused to do anything about it. So you can take your forum and do what you like with it.
Do ban me please. I'm amazed you have done so yet after all the abuse I threw at you. In fact why don't you do an IP ban?

If you wanna see what kind of poster I was you should have done so by checking my posts when I complained about Casus, but you didn't. and neither did you for the rest who complained.

You have no right to judge me. You would have if you did your job to control Casus' troublesome posts first. I just followed her example. Isn't that what mods are for?

As I'm handling this now, I'd appreciate if you left killabeast out of it and focused on the solution.

--

We've talked it over in the Elder team and with Casus and have put together the following proposal based on some of the W22 Community's ideas. We propose moving Casus to another forum. W22 would then receive a new moderator. Would this be satisfactory?

Last edited:

DeletedUser57711

yes then we can get killer to push for cheaper nobles with this issue done and dusted. as the forum would quite down on the mod bashing for sure

DeletedUser

Thanks for the effort your putting in to sort this out.

However, the whole thing has left a sour taste. Whether Casus stays or goes does not make me feel better or worse.
We come here to amuse ourselves and annoy ingame opponents.

I have had abuse thrown at me many times by posters. But posters are posters and that's what they're here for so I never got upset. If they bother us we can report their posts.

I consider myself a paying customer and having mods abusing their power with no way of responding apart from bashing and throwing abuse at them in case someone notices, did upset me. My faith in your recruitment system for mods is gone. They seem to see all posters as the spoiled brats they have to discipline.

Since someone has heard the noise and doing something about it, I don't feel the need to break rules or have a go at the mods anymore.
I also hope Killabeast accepts my apology for the change I applied to his name. (not the cat calling because I think it's totally silly)

I don't intend to stay on this forum and post beyond this thread.

DeletedUser

Forgive the double post, but this needs to show up as a new post.

Thank you, that was enlightening, and has influenced our decision (see the bottom of this post). As for your infraction appeal however, if you don't mind, I'd like to resolve this current issue first as soon as possible, please feel free however to take it up with me in pm once the general w22 situation has been resolved.

We obviously have made some mistakes, this thread is an attempt to correct them. I'm trying to pay due attention now, please work with me. :p

Do you really, truly want to be banned? Forgive me, but I hope not. If you do, then nothing I say or do here makes any difference which is a disheartening thought. :(

We were unable to track it down. Is it in your sent items? The forum goes down regularly. Either way, we apologise.

As I'm handling this now, I'd appreciate if you left killabeast out of it and focused on the solution.

--

We've talked it over in the Elder team and with Casus and have put together the following proposal based on some of the W22 Community's ideas. We propose moving Casus to another forum. W22 would then receive a new moderator. Would this be satisfactory?

I know, I don't intend on appealing said infraction (I appealed it to you many months ago anyway ;p), but I'm putting it out there that Casus is a hypocrit really.

And yes, this would be satisfactory. However, it would be best if I became a mod :D However, the damage done is damage done - like the dchogs incident, the infractions given will still remain (unless reversed), and trust in the moderation team will need to be regained.

Thanks for the effort your putting in to sort this out.

However, the whole thing has left a sour taste. Whether Casus stays or goes does not make me feel better or worse.
We come here to amuse ourselves and annoy ingame opponents.

I have had abuse thrown at me many times by posters. But posters are posters and that's what they're here for so I never got upset. If they bother us we can report their posts.

I consider myself a paying customer and having mods abusing their power with no way of responding apart from bashing and throwing abuse at them in case someone notices, did upset me. My faith in your recruitment system for mods is gone. They seem to see all posters as the spoiled brats the have to discipline.

Since someone has heard the noise and doing something about it, I don't feel the need to break rules or have a go at the mods anymore.
I also hope Killabeast accepts my apology for the change I applied to his name. (not the cat calling because I think it's totally silly)

I don't intend to stay on this forum and post beyond this thread.

I still trust the majority of the moderation staff and the moderator recruitment process. Of course, there are some mods who over time have lost my respect, and/or never had it in the first place.

darkaniken2

Just my two cents:

Casus isn't a bad mod. I understand most of what she does. However, our posts have been deleted for some of the things she herself has done. And so she either needs to become more lax, or stop saying things that would normally be deleted.

Another thing typhi is that I saw you say that casus's post was amoung friends. The W22 community, for the most part, are friend. We have to be, because there aren't very many of us left. So most of our posts are said in good humor, and those that are serious enough to cause offense are normally reported. There isn't a whole lot that can be done at this point, all things considered. As you can see, this difference of opinions has caused irrepairable damage to the W22 forums. The infractions handed out recently were justified, but only because the posters were provoked. Both sides have made errors and we all let it get out of control.

We as posters must take some of the blame for this situation, because instead of just doing what we said we would and stop posting, we all kept coming back, mod bashed, etc. And the mods really didn't help. So meh.

I prefer the newer solution, but now that casus is being transfered, I doubt it will work out.