Nasty wobbly spys

DeletedUser

Well your state is one more time irrelevant. We had NO diplomacy with wobble so nothing at all with unfair game from our side.

I dont either have problem with all the spying, as this is also a game of information. I will come back to this state later.

Where i have problem, is giving promises to players that they ll play a wobble account, in reward for their spying an enemy tribe. That's what i have many times stated as "wobbly tactics". Doing everything, just to win the game. My mentality is far out of this side.

How do you know a promise was made prior? How do you know it wasn't simply a "spy for us" job, and when he was found out they decided to get him an account as it was their fault he got caught? Heck, I'd have done that if it was my fault he got kicked off his account and the world. So how is it suddenly a "spy for us and we'll give you an account" rather than a "sorry we got you caught, you are valuable and we have a way you can avoid having to quit a world with your friends"?

Protip: Stop jumping to conclusions.

Just like with me, you're going to great lengths to assume that everyone is lying or playing dirtier than they are. Straws being grasped at, really.

If your move prior to declaring war wasn't bad, I don't see how even if they did do that (unlikely as it is) it is worse given that it's DURING war and completely within rules of the game and so on. How do you judge it to be "dirtier" than recruiting from a tribe and declaring war by surprise when they're already at war? When you don't even know they did it?

Jeez you are ridiculous.

Pretty sure wobble declared on AAA.. And it was long after them recruits so that's not really a reason for it :p

Not talking about AAA...

DeletedUser85711

Well i find the "spying game" extremely interesting in my part. Having spies around, thinking of having spies around, killing the spies then giving them accounts to play in wobble, right? Fair game to it's highest level: aka Wobble!

Will get back to you soon!!

I never offered him an account. Far before the days I was in Wobble I had a message in my profile that I was willing to take players to w66 to teach them -- Drew was one of those players. I didn't feel I put the time/effort/organization in it to properly teach, so when he asked if he could co-play I said yes to hopefully give him some hands on training that doesn't require me to sit to give instructions ect. For the record, I've basically just yelled at him for the past 2 days.... :p

DeletedUser

I never offered him an account. Far before the days I was in Wobble I had a message in my profile that I was willing to take players to w66 to teach them -- Drew was one of those players. I didn't feel I put the time/effort/organization in it to properly teach, so when he asked if he could co-play I said yes to hopefully give him some hands on training that doesn't require me to sit to give instructions ect. For the record, I've basically just yelled at him for the past 2 days.... :p

I wouldn't brave co-ing you :S

DeletedUser108799

actually anybody doesn't even give shit about this and still AAA. thinks they have got rid of me so they are fools I am still very well in AAA.

DeletedUser

actually anybody doesn't even give shit about this and still AAA. thinks they have got rid of me so they are fools I am still very well in AAA.

People play this game for fun and unfortunately sad little people like you ruin it for them. Get a life.

DeletedUser

People play this game for fun and unfortunately sad little people like you ruin it for them. Get a life.

What hes doing ingame, to him its fun. Who are you to judge how different people enjoy this game.

DeletedUser108799

Scep you spies makes the more fun even we had our spies in wobble, and dude if you know me I am sure you can at least distinguish between right and wrong.

DeletedUser

Scep you spies makes the more fun even we had our spies in wobble, and dude if you know me I am sure you can at least distinguish between right and wrong.

Unfortunately I do know you as have been in AAA since its inception. I am pleased to say that at least now I do not have to put up with your presence. I have never condoned spying even when AAA benefits as I do believe it is immoral given this is a game.

Who are you to judge how different people enjoy this game.

Surely the whole aim of the game is to give as many people as possible as much enjoyment as possible. People spying ruins the experience for the majority. I am sure that he gets his own kick out of it, but is it right that he is ruining other peoples (paying peoples) experience? I could give endless examples of individuals ruining enjoyment for the masses while getting a kick out of it themselves. Maybe look through your history lessons. Generally they are judged and found wanting. Judging is part and parcel of life so please don't tell me that I cannot judge people, when I am sure you and everyone else are guilty of the same.

Again, this is a game and I play to have fun. I enjoy meeting new people in game and spying creates suspicion and conflict which is not congenial to the experience I want. I don't agree with people ruining other people's experience by such underhand tactics. At the end of the day if I get rimmed fair and square, I just own less pixels and try not to cry myself to sleep over it :icon_wink:. If I get rimmed because some deprived individual has leaked all my targets and informed my enemies on my troop distributions, I would get a little pissed off. Would you like that to happen to you?

Rant over.

DeletedUser

Surely the whole aim of the game is to give as many people as possible as much enjoyment as possible. People spying ruins the experience for the majority. I am sure that he gets his own kick out of it, but is it right that he is ruining other peoples (paying peoples) experience? I could give endless examples of individuals ruining enjoyment for the masses while getting a kick out of it themselves. Maybe look through your history lessons. Generally they are judged and found wanting. Judging is part and parcel of life so please don't tell me that I cannot judge people, when I am sure you and everyone else are guilty of the same.

Again, this is a game and I play to have fun. I enjoy meeting new people in game and spying creates suspicion and conflict which is not congenial to the experience I want. I don't agree with people ruining other people's experience by such underhand tactics. At the end of the day if I get rimmed fair and square, I just own less pixels and try not to cry myself to sleep over it :icon_wink:. If I get rimmed because some deprived individual has leaked all my targets and informed my enemies on my troop distributions, I would get a little pissed off. Would you like that to happen to you?

Rant over.

You're making a few crucial assumptions:

1) Most people dislike spying and think it ruins the game. Unless you've properly surveyed most people who play the game (not just on the forums, because that is just the tip of the iceberg) or at least have a properly random statistical sample, you can't know that. So don't pretend to.
2) You're assuming that the examples of history are exclusive and applicable. They aren't applicable, but I can think of plenty of examples in history where the majority made a decision that hurt them in the end as well...
3) You assume that somehow the method by which you lose villages is known to people. How would they know if it was a spy giving away information (which they can't do large-scale and accurately, as it's against the rules btw to pass on troop information about an account you're sitting and that's the only way to really see the troops), or simply just them being outplayed? They wouldn't, most of the time.

Spying is a natural part of the game. It occurs in RL, it doesn't detract from the game IMO, and it makes the game more fun because I enjoy the game by way of winning. I also enjoy talking to people, but I also don't believe in letting the game interfere in personal relationships; even if I found out someone spied on my tribe, I would not get angry at them and stop being their friend, nor would I allow the presence of a spy to dictate my actions in being friendly with other people. It is, as you said, just pixels.

I think you're overexaggerating the influence of spies, the aims people have in playing this game, and their effects on gameplay.

Last edited by a moderator:

TG Smurf

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
d0340a32d0cf057d54e7da34f8e8e390.png

df936772efdfbb2a25832f88648c864b.png

LOL

*Waits for u6 to make this somehow pro wobble*

DeletedUser

Nope. Shadow is messed up if he did anything like what is implied. But it's cool that I'm still unpredictable for you :icon_wink:. I don't like being predictable!

DeletedUser

wow! 1m points down!

Last edited by a moderator: