New worlds... discussion

openeye

absolute SHIT. How much longer do we have to bloody wait ? Will it ever happen again because you take so long to release a 4.0 world where we can chose location. Players have been waiting from W12 for gods sake. How do you expect noobs to do much for W17 if tribes have been waiting for the opportunity for so long ? This is a crap excuse. It just means there will be more pre-made tribes as soon as a world that does come out can give direction.

You started 2 worlds up. I really hope that if you have any sense, you will meet the needs of the majority of good players WHO HAVE WAITED ABSOLUTELY AGES 1 or 2 weeks after W16 is released, you should really make a world that does allow a choice of location so that there hasnt been much time for many new players to join and it meets the requirements of all players. That's what you tried to do by opening 2 worlds at the same time, right?

I know it's not your fault mimelim.

Quit your bitchin'.

I have waited since August for a slow world. Further there is no reason you cant have "premade" tribes without selecting your direction. A simple relocation will suffice and if you want to play TW 4.0 as you said there will be no shortage of acceptable grey villages for you to prenoble for your friend to come join you.

Further I completely agree with the admin decision to not allow for future worlds that you can choose direction. All you do is ask to have a premade elite tribes to take over the server in short order, and that eliminates a large amount of fun for all parties invovled.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Further I completely agree with the admin decision to not allow for future worlds that you can choose direction. All you do is ask to have a premade elite tribes to take over the server in short order, and that eliminates a large amount of fun for all parties involved.

100% agreed.

It seems one group of friends made many of the posts in this thread in favor of choosing direction. That is clearly not indicative of the will of the masses. It's one person telling his friends to post in this thread.

DeletedUser16026

100% agreed.

It seems one group of friends made many of the posts in this thread in favor of choosing direction. That is clearly not indicative of the will of the masses. It's one person telling his friends to post in this thread.

Hmm, I never come to the General section. And I know 3 people who posted here.
Jakub1992, Calmir, and Twigy. The rest I have no idea who they are, we just share the same desire.

Wasn't the point of bringing out 2 worlds to look after all players wants?

DeletedUser

It would have been fun to start around those you like, but I'll be enjoying World 16 non the less :icon_smile:

DeletedUser

Quit your bitchin'.

I have waited since August for a slow world. Further there is no reason you cant have "premade" tribes without selecting your direction. A simple relocation will suffice and if you want to play TW 4.0 as you said there will be no shortage of acceptable grey villages for you to prenoble for your friend to come join you.

Further I completely agree with the admin decision to not allow for future worlds that you can choose direction. All you do is ask to have a premade elite tribes to take over the server in short order, and that eliminates a large amount of fun for all parties invovled.

by bringing the choice of location to the game there will be a want for it. If you are to meet needs of everyone, an ideal thing to do is make a new world about 1 or 2 weeks after W16 and make it on the announcement that there will be choice of location. If you actually read my whole post properly you would have understood that.

They made a choice, that they will make there be worlds where you can choose location, so they can't completely take it away from the game now. It will be wanted, and you can't make anyone stop wanting it.

And i think you'll find it is fun for alot of people. There is more challenge, and more quality tribes for good people to go in to. If they released it 2 weeks after W16 like i suggested then there will be less new players there, so it is good for everyone

DeletedUser

Okay,
First off. I don't really know ANY of the pro-choice people who have posted thus far all that well.

Having said that,
W16 is almost perfect in every way other than the choice fiasco.
Come on, for goodness sake.
I think the admins made very clear that W16 was mainly geared to the needs of veterans.
And in my experience, vets mostly form super-tribes whether its pre-planned or not.
So why ruin the experience for the little guy who wants to play alongside his friends ?
Why force people to randomly appear in a sea of unknown people that he might not really want to play alongside.

Since TW admins mostly think in terms of revenue, I will phrase it thus:
I'm a premium player who mostly prefers to play alongside my friends and co-ordinate with them.
However, if I find myself 4 continents away from my mates, then I will instantly lose a VERY big chunk of the enjoyment I recieve from TW. Then the game will no longer be the worth the time and effort one has to put in to be reasonably successful since its no longer as rewarding.
What inevitably follows is me leaving the world. Thus no longer purchasing premium services.
I'm more than sure the above story can be repeated many times over by thousands of different players.
So its in the admins own interests to make w16 a location choice world.
Its not just giving in to the wails of those insignificant people who actually play the game.

And honestly, the many noteworthy voices that have spoken in favour of random locations and the arguments for it have 3-4 game worlds that can cater to their taste. Its about time that those who favour location choice to get a world that suits their demand.

This is just a message to the TW admins, W16 is not out yet. You guys still have the time to change to location option. If you set it so that we can chose our starting location, it will assuredly make a LOT of people very happy.

DeletedUser656

Sorry guys, we forgot to mention. W15 will be for moderators and admins only.

DeletedUser

The swedish players? I hope you mean the few decent ones... And I hope they ain't making a tribe just for themselves if that's the case, cause then they'd only end up with like 5 members...

We, the Swedish players, are great, don't underestimate us.

DeletedUser

Cant wait for W16, probably will join W15 as well to offset 16s slow start. Then quit 15 after 16 gets going.

DeletedUser

seems we CAN choose location in W16 and not in W15.

interesting :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

[Official]

W15 and W16 will not allow you to pick a direction.

Reason given: It gives older players too much of an edge in setting up super tribes early in the world and stunts the growth as new players can't get into the game.

Link to this quote

World 16 will start on Tuesday the 19th between 15:00 and 17:00 Server time.
A lot of "old" players have been asking for a slower world for a while so we've decided to do that. World 16 will be set to speed 0.75 and will have the old server settings.

Details:

Units: Old (no archers)
Speed: 0.75
relative Unit speed: 1
beginner protection: 3 days
Academy: Packages
Smithy: 3 levels per technology, limit 15
Tribe member limit: 60 Changed from 100 today
Scouts: scouted things depend on the level of the scouts
Player can select the orientation of their village Edited in today

Last edited by hoodoo : Today at 13:19.

Comments in bold.

Link to this quote

World 16 will start on Tuesday the 19th between 15:00 and 17:00 Server time.
A lot of "old" players have been asking for a slower world for a while so we've decided to do that. World 16 will be set to speed 0.75 and will have the old server settings.

Details:

Units: Old (no archers)
Speed: 0.75
relative Unit speed: 1
beginner protection: 3 days
Academy: Packages
Smithy: 3 levels per technology, limit 15
Tribe member limit: 100
Scouts: scouted things depend on the level of the scouts

I see a little inconsistency from the admins here. Will the settings be changed again before the world starts? Or are these final?

openeye

Comments in bold.

I see a little inconsistency from the admins here. Will the settings be changed again before the world starts? Or are these final?

Actually its now a speed 3 world using TW 4.0 settings. :icon_rolleyes:

Why the change from 100 member limits? 60 is a tiny tribe, 80-100 members is ideal.

DeletedUser

Actually its now a speed 3 world using TW 4.0 settings. :icon_rolleyes:

Why the change from 100 member limits? 60 is a tiny tribe, 80-100 members is ideal.

i'd rather have 100 tribe limit that choose location

DeletedUser

ya, they should change it to 100 member limit. NOW. :icon_cry::icon_cry::icon_cry::icon_cry::icon_cry::icon_cry::icon_cry: