Newsletter #4 - 2009-12-25

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser656

Dear Players,

Welcome to the fourth official Tribal Wars newsletter!

Free premium

As a Christmas gift we have given all players two free days of premium. This should have been automatically applied by the time you receive this newsletter. If you already have premium on your account its expiration date will be extended by two days, otherwise your free premium will end roughly 48 hours from now. We hope all players enjoy the holiday season.

Attack break reminder

As I’m sure everyone is aware we’re currently in the middle of our Christmas attack break, meaning all attacks will be turned into visits and so will not do any harm. This break will end at 00:00 server time on the 27th (that’s the start of the 27th, rather than the end).

The second attack break will be active during New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day. We’ll be running speed rounds as normal throughout Christmas and the New Year without any attack breaks. For more information, please click here.

New world settings

We’re always looking for suggestions and feedback on settings for future worlds. If you have any requests or would like to voice your thoughts please do let us know in this forum thread.

Recruiting in-game support staff

We’re always on the lookout for volunteers to join our in-game team. If you’d like to apply, please find the application template here and click here to submit your application.

Support over the holidays

We’d like to remind everyone that the majority of our support team will not be working over Christmas and New Year’s Day. Please only submit support tickets if you really need our assistance and remember that replying to your own message will bump your ticket to the back of the queue!

-------------------------------------------------------------

We’d love to hear any feedback or suggestions you have on our newsletter so please do reply here to let us know how we’re doing!

Merry Christmas,
Jon “Morthy” Dawson
Community Manager

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

thanks Morthy

i think you are doing great job.
from time to time free premium accaunt is welcome for guys who can not efort it..
mary xmax and hapy new year.
GREETINGS FROM SLOVENIA
Rok
:icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

Premium account is essentially useless during the 3 days of Christmas attack break & 2 days of New Year attack break.

So we are compensated for 2/5 of the "lost premium", and have it called a gift. Is that not at least a little bit of an insult?

I love the idea of an attack break, because no one wants to "have to" play tribal wars on Christmas or NY, but enough with the recession cut backs.

Why not make it a week, or don't even bother at all.

DeletedUser

As above, awesome job & thx muchly for the premium - FANTASTIC and seasons greetings to you all.

DeletedUser

Premium account is essentially useless during the 3 days of Christmas attack break & 2 days of New Year attack break.

What can't you do with a premium account during the break that you can do with it when there is no break?

Certainly attacking is not a premium only feature. :icon_rolleyes:

@Morthy - proofread :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

Well I will say I love the new edition to the whole TW experience and I have taken on board your 'newsletter' and adapted it to my tribe. Its a great means of communication and as most people don't take notice of the home screen, its a quick and easy means to a good source of information. Most people just want to get into their world and don't worry about the rest. This gets out your 'word' of what's going on and also places credit where needed.

Its always a good read and great to see that every player has the knowledge of what's going on in TW.

Thank you

DeletedUser

So we are compensated for 2/5 of the "lost premium", and have it called a gift. Is that not at least a little bit of an insult?

I love the idea of an attack break, because no one wants to "have to" play tribal wars on Christmas or NY, but enough with the recession cut backs.

yeah i also agree. its interesting and a great sales pitch lol.

but really i think what would be a good xmas present is that the people that have purchased a premium get the full extension of the break subsidised and if you dont have a premium then a nice 2 day one is always good.

DeletedUser

Agreed also.

DeletedUser

HUMBUG HUMBUG HUMBUG !!

You bunch of scrooges :p Always finding something to moan about even on Christmas day :p

Thanks MORTHY for taking time to do this on your christmas eve and day :)

Merry Christmas one and all :)

<3

DeletedUser

It's clear that as always it is impossible to make everyone happy all the time. I just wanted to say I think you guys are doing an awesome job with this game as a whole! I hope all of you staff members have a great holliday season, thanks for your hard work!

DeletedUser

for some odd reason I didnt get an extention of 2 days to my premium account? Is there is bug or something?:icon_rolleyes:

Happy Holidays !

nightrambler

attack break

I dont know for other but the fact that attack break affects barbarian villages to me is really really really annoying. I dont see the point , when a player has begginer protection the barbarians around him are still vulnerable to attack, if a player cannot connect the rest of the year its his problem too. I can understand giving protection to players but really , honestly, I think not allowing us to plunder or noble barbarian villages is going a bit too far, after all just like the rest of the year, being commited and able to play the game should give SOME advantage.

DeletedUser

What can't you do with a premium account during the break that you can do with it when there is no break?

The fact that a lot of people aren't sat at their computers and are enjoying Christmas, which was the whole idea of the break?

So why gift some thing people won't use? I think a gift of 1 point (3 days) to be used at the communities leisure would have been more appropriate. Since it cannot be backtracked now, I hope you'll look into the thought next year. :)

DeletedUser

Just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas. I do wish we could still farm barbs during the breaks. :)

I have to have an outlet to get away from my kids sometimes. LMAO

Happy Hanukkah to those as well.

An to all you grumpy old men like me.... bah Humbug... :)

DeletedUser

Thanks for the points, points are points. I have not seen the addition of the 2 points to my premium log yet also.

Another point with notation of time using the 24 hour clock at midnight.
The Military do not use 00:00 as it causes confusion as to whether it is the night before i.e. 11:59:59 or the next morning 00:00:01

So using your above analogy
This break will end at 00:00 server time on the 27th (that’s the start of the 27th, rather than the end).
Use => This break will end at 23:59:59 server time on the 27th

DeletedUser

Finnally I get my own free premium
Used my first one and now I get again
Thanks for the prem points!

DeletedUser

The fact that a lot of people aren't sat at their computers and are enjoying Christmas, which was the whole idea of the break?

So why gift some thing people won't use? I think a gift of 1 point (3 days) to be used at the communities leisure would have been more appropriate. Since it cannot be backtracked now, I hope you'll look into the thought next year. :)

This has absolutely nothing to do with what my comment was referring to, since I was talking about people complaining that, since they have already paid for the premium, and the attack break "impairs" their use of premium somehow, so they should get it refunded completely.

Since the players already have premium, the free premium given to them is added when their current premium account runs out, so your comment is irrelevant for them, since they have already paid for the premium they are using during the break, and they are getting the free premium (depending on when their current premium runs out) at a time when there is no break.

Status
Not open for further replies.